Finally Getting Into The Game

Green Sigma

I have been a lurker in the forum since Harry started the site. I have enjoyed all of your insights but have not taken part in any of the discussions to date. Since we are now entering the Dodge era I feel like I have decided to join the fray. Should have done it a long time ago, but...

I look forward to the discussion on North Texas sports and their progress. Hopefully you will allow an old lurker to join the ranks.

Green Sigma

I have been a lurker in the forum since Harry started the site. I have enjoyed all of your insights but have not taken part in any of the discussions to date. Since we are now entering the Dodge era I feel like I have decided to join the fray. Should have done it a long time ago, but...

I look forward to the discussion on North Texas sports and their progress. Hopefully you will allow an old lurker to join the ranks.

Green Sigma

Jump on in! All lurkers are welcome on gomeangreen.com.

Welcome!

Green Sigma-

Welcome to GMG! I confess, I was a lurker also. I joined up-and I have had alot of

fun! Watch out though- every topic and word you write will be under the watchful eyes

of all the GMG members, so, chime in and voice you opinon or ideas!

Tell us alittle bit about youself-

Welcome aboard!

Green Sigma-

Welcome to GMG! I confess, I was a lurker also. I joined up-and I have had alot of

fun! Watch out though- every topic and word you write will be under the watchful eyes

of all the GMG members, so, chime in and voice you opinon or ideas!

Tell us alittle bit about youself-

Welcome aboard!

So this is how you really feel! This is why so many....blah...blah..blah...

:thumbdown::thumbdown::shocking::offtopic::censored:

:blowup:

Other than that, we appreciate your input. :whistling1:

GoMeanGreen.com board members...Fair and balanced!

:rolleyes:

Green Sigma

I just want to say thank you for joining and posting stuff. I see more quests than members using this website and I'm sure they all have valuable information they could be sharing. So thanks for not being a leach anymore :)

It can be intimidating at times because people have been around here for longer than you, and you can bet that if you post something, some GMG nerd is googlin' it to tell you how you're wrong. But dont let that stop you cause Dumpsalot has been wrong plenty of times ;)

Guest GrayEagleOne

what the...? :rolleyes:

From the old radio days....the Shadow knows "what evil lurks in the heart of men". The Shadow supposedly knew our innermost secrets.

Cato was the sidekick of the Green Hornet (also from radio days). The Green Hornet was a crimefighter of somewhere near the magnitude of Batman. Green Hornet or Mean Green Hornet would be an appropriate moniker for this board.

I too, say "Welcome Aboard"...I "watched and wondered" for some time too before joing the frey with a post or too...it's quite enlightening to say the least...LOCK & LOAD!

O.K., here's a question....I heard from an ex-football player from UNT that there was not near the emphasis on the weight room and workout programs under Dodge than previous coaches. I guess that's the Man's call, but I wonder....if our "Big Guys" are not having to put time in the weight room doing all those lovely squats and reps, well, what happens when they have to push the big dawgs around from ZeroU, Mid Tenn, FIU, etc., etc. I hope this is just random mis-thought, but what has anyone else heard about Coach Dodge and his training thoughts regarding the weightroom???? Help....I hope this is just a nasty rumor...we need the Big Guys to be Strong Big Guys not just "bowls of jello bellies"....THOUGHTS out there from those who are MUCH MUCH closer to the program than I am...PLEASE & THANK YOU!

I too, say "Welcome Aboard"...I "watched and wondered" for some time too before joing the frey with a post or too...it's quite enlightening to say the least...LOCK & LOAD!

O.K., here's a question....I heard from an ex-football player from UNT that there was not near the emphasis on the weight room and workout programs under Dodge than previous coaches. I guess that's the Man's call, but I wonder....if our "Big Guys" are not having to put time in the weight room doing all those lovely squats and reps, well, what happens when they have to push the big dawgs around from ZeroU, Mid Tenn, FIU, etc., etc. I hope this is just random mis-thought, but what has anyone else heard about Coach Dodge and his training thoughts regarding the weightroom???? Help....I hope this is just a nasty rumor...we need the Big Guys to be Strong Big Guys not just "bowls of jello bellies"....THOUGHTS out there from those who are MUCH MUCH closer to the program than I am...PLEASE & THANK YOU!

Per the Football players as well as Johnny Quinn...they are working harder than they ever have in the weight room and training.

Green Sigma

Glad to have you on board. Welcome.

I've heard just the opposite. Someone posted earlier in the spring that more was being done and even Dodge referred to it at the football banquet. Jamario made reference to the new coaches and weight workouts helping him in spring practice.

I guess this would be a good time to introduce myself a little more formally to our esteemed little group. I also lurked about for quite a while before diving in with a few random posts. In lieu of an extended bio, here's a few things about me that most likely won't put anyone to sleep.

I am:

A proud 1980 graduate of what was then North Texas State Univ. B)

A long suffering yet loyal Mean Green football/basketball fan :bangin:

A devoted hater of all things Fouts Field :blowup:

An even more devoted hater of all things SMUt :thumbdown:

A Ticket P1 (day one) :whip:

Well acquainted with untbowler (and a serious bowler myself, thus the avatar)

There's more, but like I said, I'm not trying to put anyone to sleep. -_-