The Transfer I Was Talking About Is Now Known

OldTimer

March 22, 2007

Haynes back on the market

Former Irving High and Irving Nimitz standout Marquez Haynes has asked for his release from Boston College, which granted the 6-3 guard's request, a school official said Thursday.

Haynes is looking to transfer and is considering several schools, including North Texas, according to his former AAU coach Erven Davis.

Haynes was among the Mean Green's top recruiting targets in 2005 before he signed with Boston College.

For more on Haynes, see the Denton Record-Chronicle's Web site late tonight or pick up tomorrow's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle.

Posted by Brett Vito

This is the rumored transfer that I mentioned in an earlier post. Shooting guard Haynes graduated from Irving and signed with Boston College. He was a 3 * by Rivals hoops, their # 150 player nation wide and # 19 in the State of Texas...TX Hoops had him as # 14 when he graduated. He

Averaged 20.6 pts, 8 rebounds and 3 assist his jr year at Irving Nimitz, as a Sr at Irving HS he average 14 pts, 5.2 rebounds, and 4.1 assist. At BC he played in 32 games, including 13 ACC contests and 3 NCAA tournament games, played an average of 10.3 minutes per game. Averaged only 2.5 pts, .8 rebouonds and 1 assist per game .5 rebounds and .5 assist in league contest.

This could be HUGE!

Yes it could. Regardless of whether he is overrated, underrated, or rated just right he is a guard and we could definitely use a guard who could step right in and start...especially if he's capable of playing the point. Anyone know enough about his ball handling skills to know if he could play the point?

Yes it could. Regardless of whether he is overrated, underrated, or rated just right he is a guard and we could definitely use a guard who could step right in and start...especially if he's capable of playing the point. Anyone know enough about his ball handling skills to know if he could play the point?

Wouldnt he have to sit out a year and then be able to play? So ya he would be able to fill right in but not until the 2008 season.

From the DMN:

"Erven Davis, Haynes' former AAU coach, said Haynes is considering North Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU, Iowa State, and UNLV."

From the looks of it, it seems that our only competition would be A&M or UNLV, but I'm sure if he wanted immediate minutes, NT would be great for him. Also, itd be pretty cool to make NT the Metroplex's team, where kids all across DFW come to play.

Wouldnt he have to sit out a year and then be able to play? So ya he would be able to fill right in but not until the 2008 season.

Courtland, I'll buy a half case of your favorite brew, your choice, regardless of the expense on your next visit to Texas if you'll simply get rid of that ugly ass Daffy Eagle logo in your avatar.

Please brotha, have a heart?

Rick

:lol: LMAO :lol:

As I've said before Rick - I try to use something to set me apart(quite a few ppl use the same logo's, but I believe I'm the one one that uses this one). Plus this was logo we had while I was in school, so I do have a soft spot in my heart for it. Kinda like you like the BULLSEYE logo we had in the 80's, don't you? I personally don't care for that one much, but I know some do.

:lol: LMAO :lol:

As I've said before Rick - I try to use something to set me apart(quite a few ppl use the same logo's, but I believe I'm the one one that uses this one). Plus this was logo we had while I was in school, so I do have a soft spot in my heart for it. Kinda like you like the BULLSEYE logo we had in the 80's, don't you? I personally don't care for that one much, but I know some do.

Thank you dude. I owe you big time and will come through on my promise. Just name the brand and when your coming back. And yesI hear you on the logo from your era. I like the Circle NT branded Eagle from the 80's but I don't use it because my AD asked me to promote the new stuff for now. Even though he gave me written permission in the past to sell and promote the old, I'm down with the new. I still need to buy me a SOW flag for the house. But I've got it all over my truck, thus why I refer to it as the Mean Green F150.

Rick

More than likely I'll be back for either Homecoming or our Basketball home opener(Conference Champ banner raising!). That's what I'm planning on anyways. No worries on a brew...I don't drink. :D

***I apologize for the threak semi hijack***

Edited by CMJ