Riley Dodge

ShopMeanGreen

http://www.texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=641763

Texas Tech looking to play Dodge ball

Armen Williams

RedRaiderSports.com Associate Editor

Southlake Carroll quarterback Riley Dodge has played at the highest level that high school has to offer. He's helped win more than one state title and will try for a third next season. In the meantime though, Dodge is starting to focus on where life will take him after high school which is why he'll be in Lubbock this weekend to see Texas Tech.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to resign myself to the possibility that Riley may not be wearing a Mean Green uniform in the fall of 2008. And that possibility is almost a certainty for Tre' Newton.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to resign myself to the possibility that Riley may not be wearing a Mean Green uniform in the fall of 2008. And that possibility is almost a certainty for Tre' Newton.

Me too. BUT...Tech hast the hot shot fo Lubbock committed for next year at QB and he may not get much attention from TX, to play QB at least. I would worry about OK, Mizzu or A&M(yuk). If things go well next year as I expect them to, he would do well to come to NT and play QB. I will never believe that SMU, TCU, Rice, Baylor OKSt, UTEP, Houston are better places than UNT!!! The big fish in a smaller pond always gets more attention than a big fish with a bunch of other big fish in a big pond. IMHO

Riley will hate his little trip to Lubbock. He'll just get bored and have dust fly into his eyes.....

Lubbock is not that bad. I have lived here for 10 years. The facilities are really nice and the fans are great. He won't be stuck out in the cotton field. I grew up in the hill country and lived in the metroplex. There may be 10 times more stuff to do in the metroplex but with traffic it takes 20 times longer to get there. Take a drive out of town and look around...not much different than Lubbock. I would love to have the Tech program.

If I were a talented QB, I wouldn't look twice at TT. They have a great college system that makes their QBs look amazing and put up numbers that are just ridiculous, but they don't ever end up doing anything at the next level. (not that NT has a great QB history)

Unless he has a major growth spurt in the next couple of years, Riley has a snowball's chance in hell of playing at the "next level" (up from Tech).

Lubbock is not that bad. I have lived here for 10 years. The facilities are really nice and the fans are great. He won't be stuck out in the cotton field. I grew up in the hill country and lived in the metroplex. There may be 10 times more stuff to do in the metroplex but with traffic it takes 20 times longer to get there. Take a drive out of town and look around...not much different than Lubbock. I would love to have the Tech program.

I think you need to stop drinking that panhandle water.

I strangely don't really care if Riley or Tre Newton come to NT. Especially Tre Newton...if he's anything like his Pops...who needs him.

I also seem not to care. It would be a great story and all that, but if Vizza is the real deal will Riley play WR or go somewhere else.

So he's being recruited by other schools and he's going to visit the campus? Did we expect this to not happen? TT will be one of a dozen schools that chase him. Keep in mind guys, he'll just visit TT or another school. He'll be spending alot of weekends in Denton over the next year with his Pop. He might even get to assist or observe some practices here. That alone could make him feel very comfortable with the surroundings, people, teamates.

I strangely don't really care if Riley or Tre Newton come to NT. Especially Tre Newton...if he's anything like his Pops...who needs him.

I'm right there with you.

Really don't care either way if he comes or not. Vizza was a helluva pick up and has just as much potential, IMO. With teh plethora of young QB's we have at least 3 years before we need to seriously recruit another one.

Everyone: Welcome to the world of college recruiting. I know its a little weird, knowing about a potential recruit a full year before signing day.

These recruits are 17 and 18 year old kids. They are going to take trips to other schools. Do not take this personally. Also, it might not be in our best interest if we bag on said kid for taking a trip to another school (as parents and kids do have internet access, and the word of GMG is getting out there).

I am not saying that you can't post your opinion on something. But what I am saying is that sometimes it is best to temper that opinion.

And finally, who in the hell is UNT to turn away football players? Is it becuase of our bowl success last season? Because of our BCS ranking? We had 9 losses last year!

My cousin played with a lot of players in high school (girls volleyball) and stayed friends with them after they went on to U of Houston. During the recruiting process she was heavily recruited by Florida State, and on her trip to Tallahasee was provided nice fat seats at the Miami vs FSU game. She came dangerously close to becoming a Seminole but due to her relationships with the coaching staff and players at UH she accepted the scholarship to become a Cougar. She had an outstanding career with UH, stayed close to her BF, finished school and got married. There are so many factors that play into this big time decision.

The poster who says next year Riley will be able to get comfortable in Denton hit it on the head. Full stadiums, raucous fans, fun tailgates and wins just might score him a ticket to Denton. Until then take all the loving from around the country and explore. Heck that is what you should do at 18!

We are in good hands with TD.

GMG

I care! We NEED Riley Dodge at North Texas.

Why?

Once Danny Meager leads us to a conference championship in 2007. everything will be fine. We've got Vizza, who will redshirt and then take over for Meager as a sophomore.

Why?

Once Danny Meager leads us to a conference championship in 2007. everything will be fine. We've got Vizza, who will redshirt and then take over for Meager as a sophomore.

And finally, who in the hell is UNT to turn away football players? Is it becuase of our bowl success last season? Because of our BCS ranking? We had 9 losses last year!

That's why.

That's why.

their argument still stands. On one hand, we're coming off the past two seasons, we're not BCS, so - yes - we're in no position to turn away players. Heck, NEVER turn away players. More QBs for the pickin', sure. But to say that we NEED Riley is premature. That implies that UNT is going to fail without him.

I just don't believe that.