Did Watson Bow To Wk Fans?

Eagle Man

That's what I thougt he was doing too. Speakin of the WK section, I think that whole section was nothing but family and friends of #20. He is from San Antonio.

Orlando Mendez-Valdez? I was calling him the hispanic hyphen last night.

Edited by GreenBat

It looked like Watson, when the game was all but over with 1.9 seconds left, went to half court and bowed to the Western Kentucky fans.

I could be wrong. Anyone else see this?

Yes he did bow at mid court to the WKU fans. It should be embarrassing to his teammates and UNT fans, considering we were on the verge of completely choking.

Yes he did bow at mid court to the WKU fans. It should be embarrassing to his teammates and UNT fans, considering we were on the verge of completely choking.

You are oh so right. Regardless of whether we're on a 2 game win streak or had one of the most electric atmospheres I've seen in the pit EVER we should never miss a golden opportunity to spin it in a negative light.

JJ obviously must go.

It looked like Watson, when the game was all but over with 1.9 seconds left, went to half court and bowed to the Western Kentucky fans.

I could be wrong. Anyone else see this?

I don't see what the big deal is about a bow... nevertheless....I don't if anyone has considered this, but the WKU fans might have been talking shit to him, and he took the high road and did a bow to them. Recall that Watson was the one that put them away at WKU with all his 3 point shots... I'm sure the WKU fans aren't too fond of him. Even if they didn't talk trash, a bow is pretty harmless either way.

Where did this come from? :blink:

Just that when our team actually shows some heart and pulls out a game that was dangerously close to being a loss the only way we can spin it is "on the verge of completely choking."

Here's a question. Why is it that when we have a big lead and the other team makes it close it's that we "let them back in it" or "choked" but if the other team is on the verge of blowing us out and we bring it back even we "made a run" or "found a way to claw our way back into the game?" Why can it never be the case that our opponent (especially a team of WKU's pedigree) dug in and played smart basketball to make it interesting? Do we honestly believe that the only way we win is if we play our best game and the only way we lose is if we choke? Pretty insulting if I'm another team in the belt.

I was reading the WKU board this morning, and they didn't think very highly of this.

They are still positive on their season though.

I went to the board last night, and they were calling for their coach to be fired...

Yes....I know I am a homer...but, I thought Western Kentucky got away with a myriad of fouls! Especially 32 and Orlando Mendez-Valdez from San Antonio. Lord.....they struck me as cheap shot artists.... But, I dear say, i am a Mean Green Homer to the WKU fans!

Keith Wooden might agree with you that a foul or two wasn't called. But I agree with them on the refs being horrible. I don't know what it is about The Pit, but we ALWAYS have poor officiating for both sides.

I don't see what the big deal is about a bow... nevertheless....I don't if anyone has considered this, but the WKU fans might have been talking shit to him, and he took the high road and did a bow to them. Recall that Watson was the one that put them away at WKU with all his 3 point shots... I'm sure the WKU fans aren't too fond of him. Even if they didn't talk trash, a bow is pretty harmless either way.

I was sitting two sections from the WK fans and they weren't doing anything that anyone could have considered classless, they were just good fans. I don't think that what Watson did was wrong, he was close to crossing the line of bad sportmanship, but he didn't. Yelling profanities to them is, talking trash to them probably, but I consider what he did as being a smart ass, something I can totally relate with. You see visiting players do this to the home crowd all the time, it's just wierd seeing a home team doing it to a visiting crowd.

As far as the massive comeback that was put up against us, I chalk that up to the team (probably because of the coaches) slowing down and trying to waste clock with 8-9 minutes on the clock, it took us out of our game. I also thought sports carma was getting us back for the pit crew chanting "over rated" with about 8-9 minutes on the clock as well. Coincidence...hmmm?

GREAT WIN GUYS, YOU GUTTED THIS ONE OUT!!!

Just that when our team actually shows some heart and pulls out a game that was dangerously close to being a loss the only way we can spin it is "on the verge of completely choking."

Here's a question. Why is it that when we have a big lead and the other team makes it close it's that we "let them back in it" or "choked" but if the other team is on the verge of blowing us out and we bring it back even we "made a run" or "found a way to claw our way back into the game?" Why can it never be the case that our opponent (especially a team of WKU's pedigree) dug in and played smart basketball to make it interesting? Do we honestly believe that the only way we win is if we play our best game and the only way we lose is if we choke? Pretty insulting if I'm another team in the belt.

I did not take anything away from the team. I was very proud that they hung in there and pulled out a win. But, you can't tell me that our team did not look completely lost for a good chunk of that 2nd half. We were missing countless free throws and turning the ball over.

I am not a fan at all of showboating. See specific thread regarding the topic. I just don't think you have to celebrate by belittling others. I expect our players to show the same class as our head coach. I don't think what he represented the team and fans well. And yes, it looked stupid to do it when we barely hung on to that game. Thank you Kendrick Davis for hitting that huge shot and Rich Young for hitting the big free throws.

Lastly... Your sarcastic posts and generalizing of other posters who do not share your high and mighty opinions has grown very tiresome.

not to me! I find it very funny and far too often true.. keep it up emmitt!

I may have overreacted about the bow being an embarassment, but it was inappropriate for nearly losing that lead. I just get touchy when I comment on one incident and then get lumped with those who are down on JJ.

My stock in JJ has been up since the Charlotte road win.

I am just amazed how we got 15-20K to watch horrendous football last year and can't get 5K for an exciting basketball team.

Welcome to North Texas....

Rabid over Crappy Football*, and don't even know we have a basketball team....

* knowing some on the board...I am not entailing that NT football is crappy, I am entailing the product presented to us was at best crappy the last few seasons

Well...it's been pretty crappy.

I may have overreacted about the bow being an embarassment, but it was inappropriate for nearly losing that lead. I just get touchy when I comment on one incident and then get lumped with those who are down on JJ.

My stock in JJ has been up since the Charlotte road win.

I am just amazed how we got 15-20K to watch horrendous football last year and can't get 5K for an exciting basketball team.

On this I'll agree wholeheartedly.

Perhaps I just get a little to sensitive when people who have yet to put in the time, sweat, or passion necessary to have a valid opinion (much less criticize) like to lump our whole team as "chokers." Not saying that you fall into this category, you just drew my ire. :P