New Uniforms

Mean'n'Green07

I was in a class earlier tonight and a player on the football team told me we are getting new uniforms thanks to Todd Dodge. He said Underarmour endorsed TD at Southlake, and his contracts extends to UNT. The uniforms will end up changing up a bit from last season, but he said the biggest change will be the helmet!!

Edited by Mean'n'Green07

Well by looking at some of the other Underarmour Uniforms around the country, we can probably expect a few things.

First, they will not be a classic look like we have now, expect lines or stripes or both

Second, They will probably not be one color, or even two, most have at least a three color scheme

Third, we will definly look more big time because as far as I know we will be one of only a handful of teams with UA on our Jersery's

and Fourth, i would expect the S of W on the helmet for two reasons. One, we dont have an official NT so that is more then likely out of the question (hope im wrong) and Two, if there going to change the helmont there is realistically only three options, the color, the logo, the facemask. If the color is changed it would probably be to white. I dont beleive the words North Texas in green would look very good on a white helment. So therfore no matter the color of helmont a major change to the helmont would have to be a new logo and i believe it will be the S of W.

Well by looking at some of the other Underarmour Uniforms around the country, we can probably expect a few things.

First, they will not be a classic look like we have now, expect lines or stripes or both

Second, They will probably not be one color, or even two, most have at least a three color scheme

Third, we will definly look more big time because as far as I know we will be one of only a handful of teams with UA on our Jersery's

and Fourth, i would expect the S of W on the helmet for two reasons. One, we dont have an official NT so that is more then likely out of the question (hope im wrong) and Two, if there going to change the helmont there is realistically only three options, the color, the logo, the facemask. If the color is changed it would probably be to white. I dont beleive the words North Texas in green would look very good on a white helment. So therfore no matter the color of helmont a major change to the helmont would have to be a new logo and i believe it will be the S of W.

What other programs have Underarmour uniforms?

I was in a class earlier tonight and a player on the football team told me we are getting new uniforms thanks to Todd Dodge. He said Underarmour endorsed TD at Southlake, and his contracts extends to UNT. The uniforms will end up changing up a bit from last season, but he said the biggest change will be the helmet!!

Did he mention how they would be changing?

What is the S of W?

S of W = Son of Worm. The old NTSU, Hayden Fry days Eagle logo was affectionately known by some as the "Flying Worm". Some now reference the new full Eagle logo as "Son of Worm" since it looks a little similar.

Flying Worm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-70s-NORTH-TEXA...bayphotohosting

Edited by NT80

What football player did you talk to?

Did he mention how they would be changing?

I saw him in my class and asked him what he thought of TD so far. He mentioned a work out and how he had talked to TD for a bit. He also said everyone got new underarmour cleats, shirts and practice gear. He said TD had a contract with underarmour and that they were in the process of making us new uniforms, and that we were changing helmets to go along with it. He didn't mention the use of the flying worm or the eagles head, so I don't know of any other details about the helmet.

Edited by Mean'n'Green07

According to the UA website the only college teams they have now are Maryland, Auburn, and Texas Tech

If this is true it could open up many doors previosly locked to us the fans.

If we are only the fourth team that has our unis made by UA then they will undoubtly be able to market our merchandise to a wide audience.

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet

The Auburn jerseys look great, but they were probably not willing to part with their classic look:

cotton_bowl_13.jpg

au1.jpg

The Maryland and Texas Tech jerseys however...not so great.

p1.tech.ap.jpg

1504276.jpg

284942.jpg

vernon_davis_maryland_top.jpg

20458265.jpg

As long as we keep it green and white with black accents...PLEASE no black alternate jersey...I'll be happy. I like the higher quality look.

ANYTHING will be better than the Script that was on the helmet and last years huge change to the new font. I like the black alternate jersey however all black is not an option!! Green pants, Black Shirt, Green Helmet with Black cage looks MEAN!!! Add this logo and it'd be AWESOME.

GreenNTEagleHelmet.jpg