Game Day Program Pics Of Team

football fan

Anyone notice how rough and haggard our players look in the game day Program? I really hope that TD and staff will pay attention to this detail. I would like to see them in white shirts, ties and sport coat with hair combed (if longer)! It would also be great if a tie and sport coat could be the road game travel attire. I think its a sign of a "team" and shows respect (for themselves and opponent), discipline and business like focus. Anyone share these thoughts?

I absolutely agree. In fact I went to an Ole Miss game back in the 80's. Every player had to wear a blue blazer and tie. The coaches kept some red balzers for the recruits who were visiting campus. Before the game the players walked through the tail gating area (band playing - cheerleaders cheering) with the recruits leading the way. Everyone knew that the ones in red were recruits and made a special effort to speak to them. They had to feel like stars. I dont know if they still do it or not but is sure was cool.

Anyone notice how rough and haggard our players look in the game day Program? I really hope that TD and staff will pay attention to this detail. I would like to see them in white shirts, ties and sport coat with hair combed (if longer)! It would also be great if a tie and sport coat could be the road game travel attire. I think its a sign of a "team" and shows respect (for themselves and opponent), discipline and business like focus. Anyone share these thoughts?

Oh, yes! I was in on the other thread with exactly the same wishes as you. At least have pictures in the program with the players wearing a sport coat and tie. A nice "son of worm" lapel pin would be a nice touch too. As for traveling, ideally I would like for each player to have a sport coat and tie on; all business.

The only way they could all have blazers, shirt, tie and slacks to match would be for the athletic department to provide them. Some of the boys on the team would not have the funds to purchase these items. The only way to get this done would be for the athletic department to have the team sponsor to provide these items. It is a great idea and I am sure the boys would love. Right now the only thing they have that matches is their New Balance warmups. They would all look nice if they were told they had to wear them on game day for the march.

This is a MUST! And like someone said earlier, if not a coat and tie, at least nice jeans and a polo shirt. I'm tired of seeing "thugs" with their shirts untucked and hats all sideways. Lets looks presentable. This isn't a gang, it's a team! In high school everyone had nice jeans and a polo with our logo on the shirt that was required every game day. One year they even wore black slacks, a white shirt, and a black tie with our logo on the tie. GMG!

At my high school, and even in middle school, all athletes were required to dress up for game day. The boys all wore black slacks, a white shirt, and a tie. There were several wealthy players on the teams, but most of them were not overly wealthy. However, they were always able to find something nice to wear. And if they were unable to afford a shirt and tie, the coaches had a discretionary fund that they could use to provide players with what they needed.

We'd have to watch NCAA rules with that, but I could some some discretionary "uniform" budget to help out any players who need it. If that's what it takes to make the team look more professional, I'm all for it.