Funny Thread Re: Unt On Txprepsxtra

Baby Arm!

Hot. Sports. Opinions.

The Overcusser throws down some serious Mean Green Smack!

On another Overcusser note, I love how Boise beat the Sooners so the Ticket's own Sooner Licking Corby Davidson can now shut his trap about OU beating Boise hands down. He is just like Craig Miller. Corby attended TCU, but roots for OU.

The Overcusser throws down some serious Mean Green Smack!

On another Overcusser note, I love how Boise beat the Sooners so the Ticket's own Sooner Licking Corby Davidson can now shut his trap about OU beating Boise hands down. He is just like Craig Miller. Corby attended TCU, but roots for OU.

The sad part is that he also attended UNT for a year (as did Craig) and they root for the Sooners...give me a break.

RCdogdad

Post #560 Re: Will SMU suffer when DODGE takes over at UNT? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Einstein, go back and read the original post. The man asked for pros and cons about the 2 schools. I'm just giving an opposing point of view. Yes, I did attend UNT (NTSU back then). I support UNT and hope they do well. I will assure you of one thing, if SMU and UNT were both offering my son a football scholarship, it would take me about 5 seconds to decide what advice to give my son.....I mean really it's a no-brainer isn't it?

Posted on 1/1 8:30 PM | IP: 207.69.139.7

Overcusser

Post #172 Re: Will SMU suffer when DODGE takes over at UNT? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einstien???, You only listed UNT cons, I only pointed out how you were either ignorant or misinformed on most of you points. And as an alum that 'supports' UNT? How are you supporting them by posting a con as a school color? Green and White vs. Red and Blue...it's purely subjective, but you decide to call it PUKE green? You DO suck as an alumni. If you really support UNT, do you have season tickets? How much do you contribute to the Mean Green Club? We don't need any self loathing, SMU boot licking alumni. Based on your posting I have serious doubts if you have the ability to produce an offspring that has the mental abilities to get into community college much less UNT or SMU. But if you want to use the hypothetical that both SMU and UNT were offering scholarships, It would take me less than 5 seconds to tell my son to choose to go where he felt most comfortable. Where he could get a degree in what HE wanted to do. Where he liked the school. Where he got along with the coaches and players best. A place that offense/defense was best suited to his talents. I would advise him to avoid the non-sensical rantings of middle aged know-nothings who rely on outmoded stereotypes rather than actually knowing what they talk about.

Good stuff.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

kinda tired of hearing the knock on the UNT degree coming from Dallas. Call me the ignorant, misinformed, young college student, but when I pick a college I'm not looking at the "overall prestige" of a degree; rather, I'm looking at what the specific college has to offer. I would think that an employer should see things the same way? If they're looking at "overall prestige" rather than at the quality of a specific college - i.e. business or music - that falls within their field, then maybe I don't want to work for them.

If I were one of these football players looking at SMU's fine engineering or law schools...wait a tic! How many football players major in one of those two fields? I've met one. That's a lot, right?

My personal experience? I've met a few current SMUers and alumn..."prestigious" or "blown away" would not be applicable to what this UNT alumn perceived. However, I guess they would say the same about some of us. Quite frankly, music majors are consistently up there with some of the most creative, intelligent people I've ever met. But, that's just MY bias :P

I'm doing my MM at UTEP right now. Not exactly high on the overall ranks these SMUers must be reading. But ask IBM where one of the top engineering factories in the state - if not country - is and see what they have to say. Would that happen if they were looking at UTEP's "overall prestige"? I doubt it. I digress...

The not semi-decent Belt was 4-3 against the semi-decent CUSA this year. And, last I checked, we just beat SMU without Dodge. I was about to accuse RC of his obvious SMU bias, and then was blown away by him being a UNT alumn! "Puke" Green? I bet this guy lives across the street from SMU waiting for the day he can get his son enrolled there. Really disturbing, and makes me wonder how many more UNT/NTSU alumni out there are like this. How many of them have deep pockets that could be making our stadium dreams that much easier? OMG...What if they were "ponying" that money over to the Hill?! AGH...gross

*sigh* Wake Forest is hanging with Louisville late in the 3rd...

-gm

Edited by greenminer

Way to go emmitt and overcusser! Some real good stuff! :lol:

And isn't this what good ol' college feudin' is all about? At some collegiate outpost, this kind of feudin' actually sells more football tickets.

Get ready SMU, the Mean Green Nation is comin' at you this September at Fouts Field-University Park. :P

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

RCdogdad

Post #557 Re: Will SMU suffer when DODGE takes over at UNT? Reply

SMU is a more prestigious degree regardless of major

SMU has an alumni base of fat cats that take care of their own

SMU has a stadium that is miles ahead of UNT

SMU plays in a semi-decent conference, UNT does not

SMU is red and blue, UNT is puke green

SMU is in Park Cities, UNT is in Denton

where would you advise your son to go?

(I am an UNT alum)

Posted on 12/31 6:00 PM | IP: 207.69.139.8

I really feel bad for this guy's kid. I find it hard to believe this guy ever attended college, because he has no idea what it's about. If he did, he certainly wasnt on the debate team. THESE are supposed to valid arguments to put on the table? PUKE Green? Good LORD what a dumbass. But I think my favorite is the "prestigious" degree, regardless of major. I didnt realize there was "prestige" associated with the diploma you recieve at SMU. Sound the trumpeting fanfare, this boy is holding a diploma from SMU. Regardless of major? Can he realistically think that? Seriously, unbiased opinion. When I think of SMU and associate majors/degrees with that school, all I really come up with Law and maybe Business. I know they offer alot of choices, but comparison shopping when it comes to strongest programs; Visual Arts? UNT... Performing Arts/Music? UNT... Education? UNT...Chemistry/Physics? UNT... Mathematics? UNT...Library Science? UNT... If his kid wants to go to get prestige, have fun at SMU. If the kid has half a brain and wants to learn something while playing ball, he needs to consider his options, and possibly UNT as one of them.

And a HUGE reason to put UNT in front of SMU. SMU may have a nice new stadium, but that's about the only new facility they've developed on that campus over the past 50 years. UNT is continually developing/updating buildings/facilities for the better of the student.

But really, the only people who think SMU degrees are more prestigious... are SMU alum!

They love to call themselves "The Harvard of the South," but academically they are no better than your typical state university.

SMU has selected programs that are very nice but so does UNT. And they call themselves the Harvard of the south? What a joke. The Harvard of the south is actually Rice University which is ALWAYS ranked top 5 or 10 overall schools in the country...give me a break. Heck even Emory University in Atlanta is a higher ranked school than SMU. The one thing I give SMU props is the fact that when they want too they can raise money for the school in a heartbeat. Thats what gives them a lot of prestige and a lot of very good programs, buildings, museums, libraries(e.g. new Bush library), and etc. UNT on the other hand has a difficult time but i'm hoping with the improvements on our athletics program and the fact that the school pride within the school is starting to grow and be shown and plus all the UNT programs are starting to be known nationally UNT i hope wont have a problem with that eventually. What do you guys think? GO MEAN GREEN!

RCDog whatever his name is has resorted to personal attacks...now emmitt and overcusser are related to Todd Dodge (as if that's a bad thing) and are therefore, talking on his behalf.

Mind you, most of what dear emmitt and overcusser have said are pretty factual statements. Sounds like the UNT "Alum" is backed into a corner in this debate. Come to think he's probably one of SMU's debate coaches.

I don't even wanna talk about the academic issue. Not only is our music program FAR better, but their "advertising school" loses hands down to both our advertising and comm design programs. Prestige doesn't mean squat when the program itself doesn't teach you anything.

Does she update he address with the school

Does it matter? I have with every move and have been contacted twice regarding fundraising in the 15 years since I graduated. I finally decided to join the NT Exes, never contacted by them either, last year. My impression of the Exes? Was told three times I would receive their 2006 calendar, never got it, and just noticed that my membership expired on 12/6/06 because I was cleaning out a drawer and ran across my membership card. Never received anything about reupping my membership. That is poor communication. To throw salt in the wound, my father was a long term faculty member also, so I have been associated with North Texas since birth and have still only been contacted twice about giving.

Back to topic...SMU is grasping at anything while TCU and NT pass them by. Characteristics of someone backed in a corner? Resort to name-calling and irrelevant opinions.

Does it matter? I have with every move and have been contacted twice regarding fundraising in the 15 years since I graduated. I finally decided to join the NT Exes, never contacted by them either, last year. My impression of the Exes? Was told three times I would receive their 2006 calendar, never got it, and just noticed that my membership expired on 12/6/06 because I was cleaning out a drawer and ran across my membership card. Never received anything about reupping my membership. That is poor communication. To throw salt in the wound, my father was a long term faculty member also, so I have been associated with North Texas since birth and have still only been contacted twice about giving.

Back to topic...SMU is grasping at anything while TCU and NT pass them by. Characteristics of someone backed in a corner? Resort to name-calling and irrelevant opinions.

I joined the Exes right after I graduated, and then renewed my membership after the first year. They never sent me a new membership card, nor contacted me about anything. Just last week, I got something in the mail saying that it's my third notice that my membership is up, but that's the first time I've heard anything from them in a while.

I did, however, get a calendar for last year - anyone know if they're giving out ones for this year?

Why do we even get into the verbal "barbs" with these SMU pricks? The only thing that matters is what happens on the FB field. When we go to Ford Stadium this year and punch them right in their arrogant mouths in their own house next year, it will be settled. They will, again, refuse to schedule us for another ten years and use the weak argument that they have nothing to gain by playing us.

We beat them on the field and it makes the recruiting argument moot. FB players want to win.

Look at the major FB schools out there....can anyone really tell me how great their degree programs are? No, we just know that they are great FB schools and get a lot of praise and pub. A good athletic program builds value in all degrees because of overall school recognition. A winning program and tradition increases the value of all of our degrees from NT.

I agree with Lifer.

Alumni, Students, and parents of both should be targeted for funraising REGULARY by the University, the Athletic Dept. and the Alumni Assn.

Like he, I am a doner, a MG Club member and a member of the Exes. The Exes are the worst by far, there is virtually ZERO communication from them. I wouldn't know about the MG Club if it weren't for this website. I've never been solicited by the University or the COBA for money, yet I donate yearly.

WTF... Let's get a Fundraising program in place PLEASE folks.