Unt Vs. Ualr Game

chrisfisher

The Mean Green travel to take on Arkansas-Little Rock this Thursday, Jan. 4th. The UALR's website has an online video streaming pay-per-view option for only $4.95. You can sign up here.

BTW, I am really looking forward to seeing Quincy and Wooden take on Jones-Jennings. He has been a problem for us in the past. I think this will give us an idea how far we have come since last season in terms of rebounds and inside play/scoring. ULAR has been hot and cold this season. We'll see which team shows up. Now that I think about it, I could care less which ULAR team shows up given that Bell, Sturns, Davis, Williams, Watson, and Wooden play/shoot well.

Edited by chrisfisher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Troy won the game. So either we're gonna catch a wounded animal in Little Rock, or a weak team.

Either way I'm excited about Thursday.

We are voted as a national Mid-Major Top 25 on a regular basis now, have the best record in the SBC, and were picked to do very well in our division. We have seen some great performances from "lesser" opponents this season. From here on out, every team will bring their A game in an effort to knock us down from our perch. We are in control of our own destiny this season and must play each and every game (especially the first half!) with great intensity regardless of our foe's record/ability.

Edited by chrisfisher

I hope the good UALR team shows up. If we can beat them when they are on it will give me a lot more confidence as to what we can do in the tourney.

If the other team shows up, it will be a blow-out. On our bad games we have been horrible!! We will rebound well - that is a given. Rashad is a man in the middle, and Big Byron will add 6-8 rebounds a game at the other post. After that it is anyone's guess. If our perimeter shooting is on, we could make a game of it, but NTU definitely will be the favorite - by a bunch.

If the other team shows up, it will be a blow-out. On our bad games we have been horrible!! We will rebound well - that is a given. Rashad is a man in the middle, and Big Byron will add 6-8 rebounds a game at the other post. After that it is anyone's guess. If our perimeter shooting is on, we could make a game of it, but NTU definitely will be the favorite - by a bunch.

I had to read this twice to understand what you were saying. I think you are speaking as a UALR fan?

I am very excited about this game. UALR gave us problems last season and knocked us out of the SBC tourney. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I hope we win with a vengeance to make up for those loses.

It may not matter. If we shoot like we have in some games, we couldn't beat the Sunnyvale Nursing Home.

I believe the games your speaking of were pre-KD going down and right after he went down. This team has geled a whole lot since then and there are a lot of players that have stepped up their game (c-watt, quincy, sturns) and one player that has finally gotten healthy (wooden). I think this team is more dangerous because KD got injured than they would have been if he had played the whole season. There are players playing with a lot more confidence and playing at a lot higher level because of KDs injury. If we played the UTA game or the Nebraska game now we would dominate UTA and give Nebraska a run for their money. Watch when WKU plays Nebraska later this week and remember that we beat WKU.

I believe the games your speaking of were pre-KD going down and right after he went down. This team has geled a whole lot since then and there are a lot of players that have stepped up their game (c-watt, quincy, sturns) and one player that has finally gotten healthy (wooden). I think this team is more dangerous because KD got injured than they would have been if he had played the whole season. There are players playing with a lot more confidence and playing at a lot higher level because of KDs injury. If we played the UTA game or the Nebraska game now we would dominate UTA and give Nebraska a run for their money. Watch when WKU plays Nebraska later this week and remember that we beat WKU.

MeanGreenBuzz, I believe that MichaelSpappy is speaking as a UALR supporter. Reread his posts on this topic. I commented on this confusion myself in an earlier post in this thread. We are excellent shooting, high scoring team. Even after KD went down.

MeanGreenBuzz, I believe that MichaelSpappy is speaking as a UALR supporter. Reread his posts on this topic. I commented on this confusion myself in an earlier post in this thread. We are excellent shooting, high scoring team. Even after KD went down.

Correct. We (Little Rock) are not a good shooting team from outside. However, our starting front line shoots well. We just can't get enough space from them by hitting from the arc. The strength of this team definitely is post play. However, our starting 2 guard, Terrance Akins, if he goes on a streak, can break a game open. But, he is streaky. When he's cold, he's cold.

Correct. We (Little Rock) are not a good shooting team from outside. However, our starting front line shoots well. We just can't get enough space from them by hitting from the arc. The strength of this team definitely is post play. However, our starting 2 guard, Terrance Akins, if he goes on a streak, can break a game open. But, he is streaky. When he's cold, he's cold.

Any chance you can put UALR fan in your sig? Would help us all out when ya post. :)

I need to call Customer Service about accidentally purchasing the Women's game ... which was already over ... why even have it up for purchase when the game is over ... I thought I was getting the Men's game. <_<