Froggies shootin' arrows at TD

MeanGreen61

Most of the TCU poster's Ive seen have a good FB IQ and think it was a good move on our part.

But this guy is clueless :

Needless to say, I'm not a Dodge fan. His head coaching record was nothing spectacular until he arrived at SLC. Dodge turned down Rice for a Sun Belt school. Good for Rice to make it to a bowl game under Graham, while UNT sits home.

That's the reason we made a new hire , because we are sitting at home again! Rice would have made a bowl with or without TD. He turned down a OC job over a HC.Geezz

Most of the TCU poster's Ive seen have a good FB IQ and think it was a good move on our part.

But this guy is clueless :

That's the reason we made a new hire , because we are sitting at home again! Rice would have made a bowl with or without TD. He turned down a OC job over a HC.Geezz

No, he turned down the head coach job as Rice (wouldn't even interview). Then, after they hired Graham, he turned down the OC position.

Just watching the news about Carroll's clobbering of Allen.

Someone needs to tell Todd Dodge that polo shirts are not to be buttoned all the way to the top. You always leave the top one unbuttoned. TCU should refuse to ever play UNT until Dodge takes his sense of fashion to the next level.

I too am not a big fan of the Forrest Gumping the polo shirt look, but it beats the heck out of the front wasteline loaded Archies comic book style that we've endured for the last decade. laugh.gif

Just watching the news about Carroll's clobbering of Allen.

Someone needs to tell Todd Dodge that polo shirts are not to be buttoned all the way to the top. You always leave the top one unbuttoned. TCU should refuse to ever play UNT until Dodge takes his sense of fashion to the next level.

I posted this reply:

I'm just guessing here but that may be due to the fact that he is a survivor of a near fatal electrical burn accident from many years ago.  Spent several weeks in a burn hospital and claims to be very lucky to be with us today.  He stated in the article that he felt like his face had been burned off enroute to the hospital, so he more than likely has scars below the neck line.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

--- Good lord do we have SMU/Highland Park fashion types on this board.???... The type that doesn't care if you win or lose, just look good doing it. I hope that was a quote from the TCU or SMU board, not one of our "locals".

---I hate to think what they would have said if we had hired Bum Phillips.

--- Good lord do we have SMU/Highland Park  fashion types on this board.???... The type that doesn't care if you win or lose, just look good doing it.  I hope that was a quote from the TCU or SMU board, not one of our "locals".

---I hate to think what they would have said if we had hired Bum Phillips.

Yes 66. It was the start of a thread on the frong board on how he dressed.

Rick

UNT does play in the sunbelt conference, i dont think its going to be too hard for him to dominate that conference in a two years or so and then get his big pay day at another school. So i wouldnt say he is never going to have an advantage, also this guy built a program at SLC. He is obviously a great coach and i dont think SLC ever recruited. They are just a bunch of overachieving little white dudes that run the spread very well. If they cant stop the spread in the SEC(florida) then its not crazy to see the success he has had at SLC, i wish him luck at UNT...who knows maybe he ends up here.

I'm getting really tired of froggies and ponies thinking that Dodge will leave UNT in a couple of years to accept a promotion to coach at their illustrious schools.

I've also seen that comment from UT, but that scenario is actually a little more believable (even though it's my understanding that TD and UT aren't exactly on the greatest of terms).

If UNT were truly beneath TCU's and SMU's notice, they probably wouldn't be noticing us.

But they are noticing. No matter how you look at it , that 78-1 mark has got to scare you. It's tough enough for TCU and SMU to compete without UNT becoming a much stronger force in DFW and Texas recruiting.

Allow me to interpret. The trash coming the Ponies and Frogs translates to: "Oh, $h!t."