Footballscoop says it is down to 3

Harry

I hadn't even heard that we were looking at Harbaugh...that really does something for me. I had mentioned him early on in the process but then saw his name associated with higher profile jobs (Iowa St., NC State) and thought we wouldn't have a chance to land him.

I think this would be an inspired hire for our program. He's got name recognition and has done a fine job at San Diego.

Actually I would support the hiring of any of the three candidates mentioned above. All of them posses qualities that I like and think would be beneficial to the program.

Edited by Green Lantern

I am pleased with those three, with Dodge being the last.

how about this?

UAB:  We hear Watson Brown is possibly interested in talking with Greg Davis (Texas OC) about their head coaching job since he is

now AD

I know plenty of Texas fans that would LOVE to see this, as he has often been criticized for his seemingly inept play calling and many believe VY saved his butt. If this happened, this COULD pose a problem for us. If Texas is in search of an OC, you think one of the guys on our list might be interested? I can think of one in particular.

If it's down to these three candidates, here are my picks in order of preference.

1.Jimbo Fisher

2.Jim Harbaugh

3.Todd Dodge

Sorry guys, but I have to go with head coaching experience.

Phil, Fisher has never been a head coach:

1988-90 Samford (graduate assistant/quarterbacks)

1991-92 Samford (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)

1993-98 Auburn (quarterbacks)

1999 Cincinnati (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)

2000- LSU (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)

And I doubt we could afford him, plus be able afford to get him the assistants he will need.

Although Harbaugh is interesting I doubt he brings as much to the table that Dodge will here in Texas.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What?  We don't have any candidates from Kansas State?    You mean we may be interviewing qualified people?      This is still NT, right?    As a Chinese friend of mine said, "Sum Ting Wong!"    wink.gif

Damn, 60, I didn't know you knew Chinese? If you need a refresher course, here's my latest-

Learn Chinese in 5 Minutes

1) That is not right.........................Sum Ting Wong

2) Are you harbouring a fugitive?.............Hu Yu Hai Ding

3) See me ASAP...............................Kum Hia Nao

4) Stupid Man................................Dum Fuk

5) Small Horse...............................Tai Ni Po Ni

6) Did you go to the beach?..................Wai Yu So Tan

7) I bumped into a coffee table..............Ai Bang Mai Fa Kin Ni

8) I think you need a face lift..............Chin Tu Fat

9) It is very dark in here...................Wao So Dim

10) I thought you were on a diet.............Wai Yu Mun Ching

11) This is a tow away zone..................No Pah King

12) Our meeting is scheduled for next week...Wai Yu Kum Nao

13) Staying out of sight.....................Lei Ying Lo

14) He is cleaning his automobile............Wa Shing Ka

15) Your body odor is offensive..............Yu Stin Ki Pu

• Upvote 1

Phil, Fisher has never been a head coach:

1988-90 Samford (graduate assistant/quarterbacks)

1991-92 Samford (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)

1993-98 Auburn (quarterbacks)

1999 Cincinnati (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)

2000- LSU (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)

And I doubt we could afford him, plus be able afford to get him the assistants he will need.

Although Harbaugh is interesting I doubt he brings as much to the table that Dodge will here in Texas.

Rick

I agree with Rick.... WE older folks know about Harbaugh but HS kids don't and some parents don't.... I would prefer someone better known in Texas....like Dodge....every HS player to be recruited has heard of Southlake and probably Dodge. Later on his North Texas reputation will matter more.

---#1 he needs to be able to recruit.

---#2 He needs to have good coaching skills.

---#3 He needs to have good relations with fans, media, and players. (good personality)

---#4 He need to hire good assistants.

---#5 I would prefer someone who is not immediately looking for a better positon and is rather happy here and will stay at least 4-5 years. (Texan?)

Go Brownwood.!!--- won three playoff games going for #4.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

---#1 he needs to be able to recruit.

---#2 He needs to have good coaching skills.

---#3 He needs to have good relations with fans, media, and players. (good personality)

---#4 He need to hire good assistants.

---#5 I would prefer someone who is not immediately looking for a better positon and is rather happy here and will stay at least 4-5 years.  (Texan?)

If a coach comes in here and leaves in 3 to 4 years because he was successful then it will not be hard to bring in someone behind him. Losing a coach because he is successful is not a bad thing.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

If hired and super sucessful here, wouldn't Dodge want to move on to a BCS school in just a matter of years? dry.gif

If hired and super sucessful here, wouldn't Dodge want to move on to a BCS school in just a matter of years? dry.gif

If he is successful at UNT it would not be the end of the world if he left in a few years - The list to replace him would be even stronger than the one we currently have.

If he is successful at UNT it would not be the end of the world if he left in a few years - The list to replace him would be even stronger than the one we currently have.

True, point taken..... Not to get gushy or anything, I'd just like to see UNT have the tradition in reality that I see in my GreenBlooded heart....... To have someone who would stay and really develop a winning tradition over a decade or more.