Dickey Changed Jerseys to 'Piss Off Villareal'

rcade

Shortly before the start of the game, before the team came out, a player's father sitting behind me said, "Dickey said he is going to bring them out in black.  The kids have been wanting to wear it all season."

When the team came out, the father said, "I'll be, he did it!"

Now, if this father knew this, and the kids knew it and the parent knew it......  HMMMMM?

How did they keep it from RV?

BECAUSE... Coach Dickey told THE PLAYERS that they would be wearing black uniforms ON FRIDAY. ON FRIDAY!! THE PLAYERS TOLD US PARENTS WHEN THEY CAME HOME FROM PRACTICE on Friday. OBVIOUSLY, RICK VILLARREAL IS NOT A PLAYER AND HE DOES NOT PRACTICE WITH THE TEAM AND HE WAS NOT INFORMED!! ESPECIALLY SINCE COACH DICKEY WANTED TO DO THIS AND MAKE HIS "LAST HOME STAND" AGAINST THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR RICK VILLARREAL to "piss him off!."

HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND?!? GGGGGHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko.gif

Shortly before the start of the game, before the team came out, a player's father sitting behind me said, "Dickey said he is going to bring them out in black.  The kids have been wanting to wear it all season."

When the team came out, the father said, "I'll be, he did it!"

Now, if this father knew this, and the kids knew it and the parent knew it......  HMMMMM?

How did they keep it from RV?

From another player's parent posted on the M&G board:

"My son is a WR and told me that RF attacked the WR's coach after he told RF that his play calling sucked! The jerseys were DD's idea and he bought them with his own money. The players did not request them or had any intention of making any kind of statement by wearing them. DD was attempting to use the jerseys as a motivational tool but most of the players were seeing it as his way to get a dig in on RV. Most of the players are sick of DD's bullshit and are happy to seem him go!"

I bet we don't know a third of what has been going on behind the scenes during the years Mattress Man and Dickey had their vice like grip on our schools athletic program.

The whole story needs to be told.

I hope people who know the truth will have the courage to speak out.

I know this much...it's no coincidence that a certain Board of Regent's term is ending at the end of the Spring.

Want to talk about a vice grip? Try being the AD or President of an institution when one of your underlings (i.e. head football coach) has a Board member in their back pocket.

I find it not the least bit coincidental that the firing of Dickey came when this Board member will be stepping down in a few months.

----This entire situation explains why coaches should not be "Let Go" until the season is over or until the final week. None of this would have happened had nothing been announced until after or during the final week, which in this case would have a holiday week involving a road game. .

----The same applies in business and elsewhere, once a person is fired it is usually better to be effective immediately instead of having them hanging around causing problems.

---Don't feel too sorry for DD, he is walking away a pretty good pile of money. Coaching is a tough profession with little job security and they all are aware of it when they enter it.

come on SE66, with all due respect,

Did you see the UNC or ISU coach act like a 2 year old who just had his toy taken away, when they were shown the door but allowed to finish the season.

DD is showing his true colors and running the program thru the mud.

So long DD, see you 10 years if your lucky enough to be remembered for the HOF.

Edited by untbowler