Are the black jerseys really that big of an

calvin

I was at the game and I never took it as a slap in the face or "trying to get back at the university," type of thing. I just think that it was more or less a thing where the players wanted to do this so they ordered black jerseys for a one time thing. I think that is why they didnt say mean green or names on that back. I think those were ordered simply to wear on the last game of the season, regardless of whether Dickey was here or not. I think this isssue has been blown way out of proportion, it is really not that big of deal.

I thought it sucked that they wore all black...but only one more week for Dickey and crew.

I'm much more excited about the new capital campaign survey that I just filled out than I am about another opportunity to blast Dickey and Co.

Dickey's gone and we're getting ready to move on to bigger and better things in the near future.

Lets let this issue die and move on to more exciting and important things.

Edited by Green Lantern

It really wasn't a big deal. The kids wanted to wear the jerseys and he let them. There was not any type of conspiracy. We had another disappointing season and people are frustrated. Let's move on.

My first reaction was no big deal and that we are being "old timers". I understand that the youth of today like different uniforms and alternate looks.

However, my problem with this and the thing that makes me question the motive was mentioned by FFR. Why was there no NB symbol (sponsor), school name, NCAA or SunBelt logo? If this was planned as a special gift to the team then why not do it right, with a good uniform (like Philly wore yesterday), cleared through the proper channels with the proper logos and school displayed?

My first reaction was no big deal and that we are being "old timers".  I understand that the youth of today like different uniforms and alternate looks.

However, my problem with this and the thing that makes me question the motive was mentioned by FFR.  Why was there no NB symbol (sponsor), school name, NCAA or SunBelt logo?  If this was planned as a special gift to the team then why not do it right, with a good uniform (like Philly wore yesterday), cleared through the proper channels with the proper logos and school displayed?

I tend to agree. If they'd done the uniforms as a special gift for the seniors or something like that, I would have been completely behind the whole thing. However, since they didn't wear those jerseys when practicing before the game, the whole "it's a reward for the players" thing starts to stink a bit.

If it was truly on the up and up, why did they go and change uniforms? That just doesn't make sense to me. And like GMoney, I'm concerned that we may have violated a few contracts with that stunt. I just can't believe that RV or anyone else at the AD knew about this beforehand.

My first reaction was no big deal and that we are being "old timers".  I understand that the youth of today like different uniforms and alternate looks.

However, my problem with this and the thing that makes me question the motive was mentioned by FFR.  Why was there no NB symbol (sponsor), school name, NCAA or SunBelt logo?  If this was planned as a special gift to the team then why not do it right, with a good uniform (like Philly wore yesterday), cleared through the proper channels with the proper logos and school displayed?

Exactly!

Aside from the dd issue....

YES it is a big deal. AS it was thrown in my face on mumerous occasions, our colors are GREEN AND WHITE. I personally dont mind black as an accent. But the main color of our helmet, jersey, or pants should never be black.

EVER!!

Edited by Rudy

I still don't think it was a big deal.........overreaction........what is scary is that overreaction seems to be the norm around here lately.

Dickey is gone

New coach coming . Quit worrying about what Dickey says and does.

There is a lot of long time fans here that should know better........

As a student I was pissed when the football team took the field.

I immediately knew it was DD pissing off RV and "mourning" his firing.

It was imbarassing and childish. Not to mention we looked like a high school team in cheap jerseys.

I don't have a problem with an occasional black jersey, but they need to be regulation with NT logos and names and green pants need to be worn with them.

Good riddance DD.

After talking to a friend on the team, he was obviously pissed that his last game as a senior was such a crap fest.

The run out at halftime was lame as the team filed out slowly in a long line.

Where's the pride in your team?

As a student I was pissed when the football team took the field.

I immediately knew it was DD pissing off RV and "mourning" his firing.

It was imbarassing and childish. Not to mention we looked like a high school team in cheap jerseys.

I don't have a problem with an occasional black jersey, but they need to be regulation with NT logos and names and green pants need to be worn with them.

Good riddance DD.

After talking to a friend on the team, he was obviously pissed that his last game as a senior was such a crap fest.

The run out at halftime was lame as the team filed out slowly in a long line.

Where's the pride in your team?

Ecouraging words from a current student.

The other question is "who gave the coach and/or the athletes the right to change the school uni's on a whim?".

Remember that the "lack of traditions" and "pride in our school identity" have always been two major issues with North Texas.

IMHO, getting upset about this incident just shows that people care about our school's image.....and traditions.

A players loyality is to their coach, a fan's loyality is to the school.

Players look up to thier coaches. The coaches are the guys that wanted them to play here. The coaches are the guys that teach them to play better. The coaches are the guys to give them the attention they are looking.

With that being said, it was a juvinile move on the part of the coaching staff to agree to the players idea for a tribute. There is nothing wrong with the players rallying around their coach and paying their respect, but the coaches should have taken the high road and directed the students towards a different tribute.

A players loyality is to their coach, a fan's loyality is to the school.

Players look up to thier coaches.  The coaches are the guys that wanted them to play here.  The coaches are the guys that teach them to play better.  The coaches are the guys to give them the attention they are looking.

With that being said, it was a juvinile move on the part of the coaching staff to agree to the players idea for a tribute.  There is nothing wrong with the players rallying around their coach and paying their respect, but the coaches should have taken the high road and directed the students towards a different tribute.

You better check your facts. Players parent's have said the black jersey was DD's idea, not the players and they were forced to wear them. mad.gif

As a student, I was dissapointed when I saw my team on the last home game wearing black "junior high" jerseys. I never once thought it was DD trying to get back at RV, that's dumb. It did get blown out of proportion but I do agree that it was a little disrepectful to our school. We need more school pride and it doesn't help when the football team doesn't even wear the right colors. GO GREEN*GOWHITE!

With that being said, it was a juvinile move on the part of the coaching staff to agree to the players idea for a tribute.

As someone else said, it wasn't the players' idea. I've corresponded with the parents of several players, and they're hot under the collar that Dickey's F-U to UNT is being blamed on them. It wasn't their idea.