Let's bring in BOBBY KNIGHT!

I saw the video of this.  If he gets fired or anything else for it thats bullsh*t!  He knocked the kid on the chin to get his attention.  I would be willing to bet that kid played better that game and will play better the rest of his basketball career for it as well.

It looked like such a non-issue to me... if this was any other coach, you wouldn't have heard a word about DURING, much less after the game.

The Ohio coach  Woody Hayes ? got fired for doing that./

Woody got fired for smacking around an OPPOSING PLAYER.

In retrospect, I doubt it was very smart for a 70 year old guy to smack around a 20 year old in full football gear.

I already wrote my rant on the BB thread. It was not a problem, the parents and player say it is not a problem, so it shouldn't go any further.

PLEASE LET THIS STORY DIE. It is getting a lot more press then it deserves.

Woody got fired for smacking around an OPPOSING PLAYER.

In retrospect, I doubt it was very smart for a 70 year old guy to smack around a 20 year old in full football gear.

I already wrote my rant on the BB thread. It was not a problem, the parents and player say it is not a problem, so it shouldn't go any further.

PLEASE LET THIS STORY DIE. It is getting a lot more press then it deserves.

----Woody Hayes (long time Ohio State coach) punched an opposing player when he went into his sideline. Besides that he was terrible.. would take the yard and down markers and bend them over his knee and throw them on the field and all sorts of things when he disagreed. He was frigging nuts. Ohio State has a history of nutty things including Clarette and tutors doing the work for students.

---Knight, considering his history should not have done it, but it was no big deal. By the way he is a Ohio State grad. ... just coached at Indiana.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66