Now I sit behind the Cameron bench

greenjoe

I chose my seats 25 plus years ago so that I could sit behind the NT bench. I liked to be right there with the team and listen, if possible, during the timeouts.

Last night, I went to my first game this year and the Home team has moved down to the visitors bench. What's that about ? Anyone have any information ?

Good cheerleader turnout last night. I didn't see Scrappy. The Dancers were perfect as usual. The attendance was or wasn't there. I don't know the numbers but it was as bad as it could be.

I agree. The students use to heckle and harass....auh, I mean cheer against, the visiting team players and coach over on the bench as much as possible. With them moved we can no longer do that. I'll really miss yelling at the visiting coach for the entire game to stay the hell off the playing floor!!!!

Edited by chrisfisher

I agree. The students use to heckle and harass....auh, I mean cheer against, the visiting team players and coach over on the bench as much as possible.  With them moved we can no longer do that. I'll really miss yelling at the visiting coach for the entire game to stay the hell off the playing floor!!!!

According to the diagram on the MGS.com website, the seating chart is the same as last year. The Pit Crew used section 123 so they weren't exactly right behind the visiting bench so we couldn't easily been accused of malice.

The athletic administration could have at least advised those sitting in sec. 118 that the bench was moving so those folks who are the hard core NT fans could have had the option of moving over to sec. 220 to sit behind the NT team once more. They also could have informed the ex-lettermen that their ex-letterman's id card was no long good for free admission to the game. I realize that they could barely have squeezed the ex lettermen into the packed pit last night, but surely they could have compted the ex lettermen in an told them of the policy in the future.

yea the attendence last night was pretty bad, that was my first game so im hoping the rest wont be like that, and scrappy was there but that was one of the worst jobs as a scrappy anyone could have done

Attendance was better then the first game. meangreensports.com says there were 1,100 people at the game (which is kinda hard to believe if u were there). but as for scrappy, he didn't seem the same as normal, but i did like the little games during the officials timeout during the first half, the guy who made that free throw for the chick-fil-a sandwich was the true hero of the game

Me too. I am almost certain the trainer iced down Keith Wooden's knee late in the game, but could not see for sure what happened.

Can anyone confirm this?

He appeared to have ice bags on BOTH knees. I noticed that Wooden wears that big, black leg brace on one leg at all times. Apparently, he has knee problems. I hope they are not too bad or limit his play this season.

Edited by chrisfisher

a LOT of guys ice their knees after a game/practice helps limit soreness etc.

I noticed Wooden had a slight limp as he walked from the court after the game. It didn't seem to really bother him; he was carrying his leg sleeve but I don't think he had ice on the knee as he left.

I too have seats right behind the home bench, which is now the visitors bench. A call from the ticket office upon the change would have been nice. dry.gif

Edited by NT80

The new seating system sucks. i need to helckle anything connected to the opposing team. I need to get to the bottom of this!

Their is nothing wrong with Wooden he just has had some minor knee problems over training camp because he is a big man who sat out a whole year, the same goes for Jackson who has been sitting for half a year.

It's 2:00 Wednesday afternoon. I just called the Athletic Dept. to whine about the new and un-improved seating arrangement.

We'll see how long it takes for me to get a call back.

I'll be there tonight, but I want the Mean Green on the bench that they have sat on since 1971.

Edited by greenjoe

It's 2:00 Wednesday afternoon.  I just called the Athletic Dept. to whine about the new and un-improved seating arrangement. 

We'll see how long it takes for me to get a call back. 

I'll be there tonight, but I want the Mean Green on the bench that they have sat on since 1971.

Other bad things about switching benches: now the UNT bench is closer to the band and getting blasted with music and student section noise during timeouts. Also, the teams now have to cross each other to get to their locker rooms on the opposite sides of the arena, look for a fight sometime because of this...who makes these changes, and why?