new football coach

drex

Now that NT is interviewing for a new coach, what attributes should we look for? I think that he needs to be energetic, driven, outgoing with the general public and fans and have a good knowledge of the Texas high school scene. What think ye?

Here's my list (not my hopes):E

Extroverted. You surround yourself with those that are like you. RV is an extrovert, and the new coach will be too.

Familiar with Ok/Texas recruiting, more specifically the metroplex.

I also predict that the new coach will be a coordinator in CUSA (Houston, Tulsa, etc).

I don't believe it will happen, but I would like a head coach that already IS a head coach. We have always picked up a "bargain" by hiring a Off. Coor. and betting he will grow into the job.

That has never worked for NT. The only time we hired a head coach as head coach, was Hayden Fry. The results speak for themselves.

Texas ties would be a plus, but I'd rather have a name brand coach, than someone that knows someone, that knows someone.

Again, I don't think it will happen, but if we want to get different reaults, we need to try a different hiring approach.

Join the Mean Green Club (the new coach will want to know)

Buy Season Tickets (the new coach will want to know)

GO MEAN GREEN

Thanks RV

Here's my list (not my hopes):E

Extroverted.  You surround yourself with those that are like you.  RV is an extrovert, and the new coach will be too.

Familiar with Ok/Texas recruiting, more specifically the metroplex.

I also predict that the new coach will be a coordinator in CUSA (Houston, Tulsa, etc).

I would rather see more recruiting further out then this area. We have seen in the past what a "DFW area" NT team can do (which was not much).

Recruiting needs to extend past DFW to more of the whole state, the 5 state region and even some nationally.

We still won't have much of a chance to get the "top 100," but maybe have a better chance at the next 100 or so.