Interesting point by StandUpEagle

ADLER

Date Posted: Mon, November 06 2006, 18:43:13

Author: SUE

Subject: The reason you FIRE DICKEY NOW.......

Remember that stupid @$$ state rule that jobs like that have to be posted a month before being filled? So, if you wait until late November to can this incompetent boob....you're looking at late December before filling the position.

Fire him now. Get started looking for replacements, ASAP.

This is certainly relevant if a change is being considered. A new coach would require time to assemble a staff during the busiest recruiting period.

Truth or speculation?

Im guessing it's speculation in hopes that someone who actually DOES know something comes forward, but no one would do that on a message board.

He could have used one of these " ph34r.gif "- that would have made it more convincing.

While I greatly appreciate the donation, I could care less what Jim McIngvale thinks. He threatened to pull all sponsorships to the Texans if they didnt take Vince Young this past year. While Im impressed with his ability to sell furniture, I dont think McIngvale is regarded as a football expert in many circles, and should probably leave those decisions up to those that are better suited to do so. If he thinks winning 2 games a year with DD is better than finding a competent coach (which I dont believe he does), we should fire Dickey and mail him back his money. Keeping DD will cost us a lot more than $1mill in the long run. Don't believe me?

How's our recruiting going? I heard Baylor, Rice, Houston, SMU, UTEP, and TCU all have pretty decent commitments. How's NT's class shaping up? Hell, how many area recruits even NT have listed as interested? How was attendance the last couple weeks?

If it were up to me, I'd fire him today.

Im guessing it's speculation in hopes that someone who actually DOES know something comes forward, but no one would do that on a message board.

He could have used one of these " ph34r.gif "- that would have made it more convincing.

What's that saying about where there's smoke...there's... can't remember. FFR isn't the only poster saying DD will be back for one year.

FFR isn't the only poster saying DD will be back for one year.

So?

There were a lot of posters saying we would win 8 or 9 games this year. There were a lot of posters who didnt think we had a chance in hell at beating SMU. There were a lot of posters who said a lot of things. Most of it is baseless speculation.

But to tell you the truth, I dont blame them. What have we seen in the past 8 years to make us think otherwise? I mean, he's been here this long- why wouldnt he keep getting more "get out of jail free" cards?

I just think its different this year- for many reasons- but mostly because I dont think we can afford more of the same.

So?

There were a lot of posters saying we would win 8 or 9 games this year. There were a lot of posters who didnt think we had a chance in hell at beating SMU. There were a lot of posters who said a lot of things. Most of it is baseless speculation.

But to tell you the truth, I dont blame them. What have we seen in the past 8 years to make us think otherwise? I mean, he's been here this long- why wouldnt he keep getting more "get out of jail free" cards?

I just think its different this year- for many reasons- but mostly because I dont think we can afford more of the same.

Making game predictions and hinting at insider information are two completely different things - come on you know that.

I mean - if we can't trust FFR with insider information - who is next? The pope? The Bush Administration?

Edited by Stan R

Making game predictions and hinting at insider information are two completely different things - come on you know that.

I mean - if we can't trust FFR with insider information - who is next?  The pope? The Bush Administration?

They are the same in that people just throw them both out there as a prediction, with no real way of knowing if it is true or untrue or any factual basis for making the assumption. Im also in no way claiming to be above that. biggrin.gif

I dont know anything about FFR's "insider" information. We've butted heads on many subjects, but I DO respect the hell out of his commitment to the program. If that commitment has netted him an inside source, so be it.

Maybe I am just hoping to hope that the BOR has more sense than we have given them credit for, and that they will allow RV to do what he needs to do for the sake of this program at the end of the year.

Then again, I also hoped GW's 2nd term would be a success, so Im getting used to being let down. It kinda comes with being a North Texas and Houston Texans fan.

Edited by Eagle1855

So?

There were a lot of posters saying we would win 8 or 9 games this year. There were a lot of posters who didnt think we had a chance in hell at beating SMU. There were a lot of posters who said a lot of things.Most of it is baseless speculation.

It's speculation alright, but it is in NO WAY BASELESS. All indications point to the fact that DD will be back but there will be some changes. This team is talented and saturday I saw what some of our future kids played like when they play hungry. I feel that our future is bright and so should everyone else.

Rick

It's speculation alright, but it is in NO WAY BASELESS.  All indications point to the fact that DD will be back but there will be some changes.  This team is talented and saturday I saw what some of our future kids played like when they play hungry.  I feel that our future is bright and so should everyone else.

Rick

Agreed.

It's speculation alright, but it is in NO WAY BASELESS.  All indications point to the fact that DD will be back but there will be some changes.  This team is talented and saturday I saw what some of our future kids played like when they play hungry.  I feel that our future is bright and so should everyone else.

Rick

Rick,

As a fan of the Mean Green I respect your opinions more than most and admire your passion. However, the performances that took place on the field last Saturday were against a very bad team. I just hope the enthusiasm for the “bright” future is not based on lowered expectations. sad.gif

WORST JOB AT UNT IN 2007?  The poor soul who has to come up with a plan to market all this come next summer if Bobby Ray and Mattress Mac get their boy back for just one more year. This sentence being in the red because SBC success is no longer going to cause our fans to buy enough tickets anymore to put it in the black.

I might argue that this job might be the hardest in the nation, not just UNT. It is the one job, that you know if your performance is the determining factor in whether or not you have a job the next year, you will fail in doing.

It is purely commical that we the fans have to even think about the notion of this coaching staff coming back. They have now won 4 out of their last 20 games for a record of 4 - 16 with another probable 3 losses this season. Add to the fact that this coach is 8 - 41 in OOC games in 9 years and an overall record of 41 - 62. Those stats alone are commical.

While I greatly appreciate the donation, I could care less what Jim McIngvale thinks. He threatened to pull all sponsorships to the Texans if they didnt take Vince Young this past year.  While Im impressed with his ability to sell furniture, I dont think McIngvale is regarded as a football expert in many circles, and should probably leave those decisions up to those that are better suited to do so. If he thinks winning 2 games a year with DD is better than finding a competent coach (which I dont believe he does), we should fire Dickey and mail him back his money. Keeping DD will cost us a lot more than $1mill in the long run. Don't believe me?

How's our recruiting going? I heard Baylor, Rice, Houston, SMU, UTEP, and TCU all have pretty decent commitments. How's NT's class shaping up? Hell, how many area recruits even NT have listed as interested? How was attendance the last couple weeks?

If it were up to me, I'd fire him today.

Ditto...

Question.

Under the Texas law or regulation can an interim be named during the posting period?

In Arkansas it isn't uncommon for a job that has to be posted to be filled by whoever they want during the search period and then when the search period is over they pick Joe Bob to get the job because he has all that great experience of being the "interim".