FIU predictions

Mean'n'Green07

The first half is going to be pretty slow, FIU takes a 6-0 lead. Second half roles around and they pull away 27-3. I hope I'm wrong but what makes anyone think we're going to win this. I was around campus today, and I remember last year there were tons of signs and chalk everywhere on the campus. This year there is almost nothing out there sad.gif

On an interesting note I was playing NCAA 2005 and chose to play a different team besides NT this time. In the second year they are ranked #3, playing Georgia in the orange bowl, with cobbs second in voting for the heisman. Just thought it was interesting because this was just from simulating the games... at least EA showed us some respect =P

The first half is going to be pretty slow, FIU takes a 6-0 lead. Second half roles around and they pull away 27-3. I hope I'm wrong but what makes anyone think we're going to win this. I was around campus today, and I remember last year there were tons of signs and chalk everywhere on the campus. This year there is almost nothing out there  sad.gif

That depends on which day you were on campus last year. The residence halls do their "Spirit Wall and Chalk the Walk" competition on Wednesday, so you wouldn't see much around the residence halls until then. As for the rest of campus, I don't know what to say. sad.gif

That depends on which day you were on campus last year. The residence halls do their "Spirit Wall and Chalk the Walk" competition on Wednesday, so you wouldn't see much around the residence halls until then. As for the rest of campus, I don't know what to say. sad.gif

I am a current student. I spent the first part of this season trying to get my cohorts out to the games. I can't continue to do this. I'd rather wait to get people out when our play is not so inept. It is just too embarrassing to invite people out to see that mess. Right now, our games are not even entertaining. It's like watching a Pro team take on a high school team. I'll let you guess which one we are. I'll be at the game of course...

I am a current student. I spent the first part of this season trying to get my cohorts out to the games.  I can't continue to do this.  I'd rather wait to get people out when our play is not so inept. It is just too embarrassing to invite people out to see that mess.  Right now, our games are not even entertaining. It's like watching a Pro team take on a high school team. I'll let you guess which one we are.  I'll be at the game of course...

I am a former student. I spend the first part of the season trying to get my cohorts out to the games. For the third year in a row this coaching staff has made a fool out of me before the conference games start. (Two seasons ago Patrick returning as rushing champ, Last year J-mo returning as rushing champ, This year J-mo and Johnny Quinn). I have 8 season tickets and I cannot give away the six I am not using. My rant will continue until we improve. As a donor and fan I will not accept where we are now, and I refuse to give up on improvement. I believe that brighter days are on the horizon.

I am a current student. I spent the first part of this season trying to get my cohorts out to the games.  I can't continue to do this.  I'd rather wait to get people out when our play is not so inept. It is just too embarrassing to invite people out to see that mess.  Right now, our games are not even entertaining. It's like watching a Pro team take on a high school team. I'll let you guess which one we are.  I'll be at the game of course...

I am both a former and current student (alumni '04 and finishing my masters in December). Welcome to the club. I lived in the residence halls when we were winning, and it was still difficult to convince people to come to the games. Long story short, even when we were winning, we weren't winning against names people recognized, or we weren't winning in OOC. Honestly, the only way we got people to the games was to give them free food at tailgating. Then, they started having so much fun at tailgating that they started coming on their own.

There is a point to this story.... there's hope. True, our team is playing poorly right now, and my beefs with the current tailgating situation aside, North Texas fans are great people to sit and hang out with. You'll be met with laughs and putdowns, but hang your head high, because when North Texas is good again, you'll be able to say that you're a diehard fan - no matter what.

What are we predicting on????

Attendence???

Score??

or---At what time in the game will half of those in attendence have walked out???

---I really don't understand students who never go to games.. Most have absolutely nothing else worthwhile to do. Those who think sports are not important are completely wrong. The best known schools in America (outside the Ivy League perhaps) are those with successful athletic programs. If you doubt this then notice what happened to UT-Arlington, Lamar, and even West Texas after they dropped football or down-sized it. None of them are as well known as they once were. UTA was once the same size as were (in 1966 we both had about 13,000) and maybe about as well known state-wide... They aren't anymore...... and sport teams are the big difference. We are even more widely known now than we were 10 years ago when the SWC dominated Texas athletics. Sports teams are important to a university, don't think they aren't. They are idiots if they don't somewhat support the athletics of the university that is educating them. It does help in degree recognition later.

The three posts above this one is the answer to the annual burning question, "with an enrollment of 32,000+ at NT, why don't more students come to the football games".

I'm not defending students who don't go to games, but we need to start winning and playing more recognizable teams. 25k at the SMU game after a 2-9 season and getting blown out the game before isn't bad. And wasn't there 20k+ for MUTS after getting our asses handed to us for two weeks before that?

I'm not a fair-weathered fan, but I have to admit when your 3-14 in the past 17 games and you think you're going to lose to a school that sounds like an airport (florida international) it's hard to get excited about the game.

Please notice at the end of my post, I stated I am at the games. But I agree with much of the analysis to my (and the other students) posts. I have experienced similar problems when getting other students out to the games.... all they see is: UT - WOW UNT - 7.

I think the single biggest factor that holds back the football team (in terms of student support) is that we nearly ALWAYS get BLOWN OUT in OOC games. I am sorry to say, but these students do not want to support or be associated with a losing (in their minds) team. It is very hard for students to take pride in a team that gets slam dunked every OOC outing. And when we do win, I point this out them, and they are like Florida Atlantic who? Troy what? They could care less. All they know is their out-of-town friends heckle them to death about our big time loses to just about everyone but SBC teams - not cool.

If we could win OOC games, I think students would support and be proud of SBC wins, knowing that we already opened a can of whoop ass on OOC teams. The student section was actually pretty full in SMU and MTSU despite getting blown out regularly this season. This suggests (and I truly believe) that UNT is ready to explode in support of our team, but is waiting for a truly COMPETITIVE D1A team to show up.

Please notice at the end of my post, I stated I am at the games. But I agree with much of the analysis to my (and the other students) posts.  I have experienced similar problems when getting other students out to the games.... all they see is: UT - WOW UNT - 7. 

I think the single biggest factor that holds back the football team (in terms of student support) is that we nearly ALWAYS get BLOWN OUT in OOC games.  I am sorry to say, but these students do not want to support or be associated with a losing (in their minds) team.  It is very hard for students to take pride in a team that gets slam dunked every OOC outing. And when we do win, I point this out them, and they are like Florida Atlantic who? Troy what? They could care less. All they know is their out-of-town friends heckle them to death about our big time loses to just about everyone but SBC teams - not cool.

If we could win OOC games, I think students would support and be proud of SBC wins, knowing that we already opened a can of whoop ass on OOC teams. The student section was actually pretty full in SMU and MTSU despite getting blown out regularly this season.  This suggests (and I truly believe) that UNT is ready to explode in support of our team, but is waiting for a truly COMPETITIVE D1A team to show up.

Hence why OOC games are just as important, if not more important, then conference games. The fan base was pretty excited about the SMU win only to lose all that "momentum" after poor performances against Acorn and Tulsa.