On campus building and renovation

Mean'n'Green07

Lots of bad posts since the UT loss, but on a positive I was jogging around campus yesterday afternoon on an absolutley beautiful day and noticed how much the campus has improved since I first saw it in early 2003. The library mall installed the new fountain, currently has another one being built near the south entrance (the bubbling waterfall fountain) and a sculpture is also being planned to be added near Willis library. The whole campus is more vibrant and colorful thanks in part to the landscaping crew. Also Avenue C looks great with the along with the new health and wellness center being built. Two new dorms being built with plans to start building a new business building next year.

In my opinion the University has improved the campus ten fold since I've been here. For alot of you coming to the game Saturday from out of town I'm sure alot of you will be impressed.

My wife and I will be bringing the kids down to see Grandma and Grandda (they live in Krum) for Thanksgiving. I am excited about it because I will be going to the NT/FAU game, and will get to see all of the changes. I only get down there every 2-3 years, and I am sure the campus will look a lot different.

I really feel like we can compete with just about every other Div I-A school now... smile.gif

My oldest brother (die hard Longhorn grad) took his daughter to visit our campus b/c it is one of the schools she's considering. He raved about how nice the campus is and he couldn't stop talking about the student rec center. I haven't been on campus for 2 years and I really haven'tlooked around for quite some time. I'm bringing my wife up for the SMU game. Any highlights we should hit before tailgating? I'm assuming the alumni center is stop #1.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SMU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My oldest brother (die hard Longhorn grad) took his daughter to visit our campus b/c it is one of the schools she's considering.  He raved about how nice the campus is and he couldn't stop talking about the student rec center.  I haven't been on campus for 2 years and I really haven'tlooked around for quite some time.  I'm bringing my wife up for the SMU game.  Any highlights we should hit before tailgating?  I'm assuming the alumni center is stop #1.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SMU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll definitely want to check out the Rec Center and the new Chemistry building. If you haven't walked around campus in a while, the ESAT (Environmental Sciences) building is also pretty cool. It's right across the street from the new Chem building.

Also, you must go see the renovation to the Library Mall. You won't recognize it. smile.gif

I was on campus this past Monday and I thought all of the building they were doing looked great. That fountain in front of the library with the green tent water was cool. What are they doing to the parking lot behind the dorm next to Eagle? How about the building they are building next to the College Inn?

I was on campus this past Monday and I thought all of the building they were doing looked great.  That fountain in front of the library with the green tent water was cool.  What are they doing to the parking lot behind the dorm next to Eagle?  How about the building they are building next to the College Inn?

The "dorm" in front of Eagle is Clark Hall (the most spirited residence hall on campus... or at least it was when I was there). They're building a new residence hall for the Honors students in the back parking lot.

The building next to College Inn is the new Wellness Center, I think. It's either that or another residence hall.