game thoughts

OldTimer

Completely agree - right after we scored, I JOKINGLY said to my g/f - watch, Dickey will put Phillips back in just to be "fair"...  I had no idea that he would actually go through with such an asinine idea.  I am completely baffled.

Then he put WW back in on the next series ... blink.gif

Thanks Mag...and I could be wrong, but I thought that margin of victory had been removed from the BCS equation.  Oh well, it's 56-7 now...Phillips had a good pass to Nwigwe and then coughed the ball up as his feet looked like they were stuck in cement.

As long as there is a human input into the equation, margin of victory will always matter.

I know the score is bad guys, but there is a massive difference in talent. Look at the stats.

Good passing effort. Some catches that we missed that won't be next time as this team gels...

...we didn't lose the turnover battle, both teams had 2 turnovers. We marched the ball down the field for an 80 yard touchdown against the National Champions. Equal time of possesion. The D was decent against this team and held Texas several times. Texas' O is much quicker than our D...

Yes, we saw some silly penalties, but it wasn't constant like it seemed to be last year.

We saw what Jamario has in him, and the Offensive line was able to give him room to play. If we can do that against Texas, we CERTAINLY can against SMU and the 'Belt. We SCORED on Texas for the first time since the 1992.

Last year's team would have lost this game by 100 points. If you can't see the improvement, you aren't looking. Are we competiton for Texas? Maybe not, but I saw a lot of good things today. The real test will be next week.

I do agree that last year's team loses this game by a wider margin. We were more competitive this year than last.

There is a tremendous discrepency in talent between these two programs. Texas is just quicker/faster at every position; we could not contain their speed on offense or defense.

That being said, I feel better about our team at this point than after our last trip to Austin. We really, really need to put together a game plan for our offense to handle the "sell out to stop Jamario" defensive scheme - it's what we will see all year long.

Team Stats..............UNT.......... UT

First Downs...............6.............27

Rushes-Yds.............28-8......44-212

Passing Yds...............87..........198

Sacked-Yds Lost......4-43.........0-0

Return Yds...............14............62

Passes.................9-19-0.....15-26-1

Punts...................8-41.3......2-43.5

Fumbles-Lost...........2-2..........1-1

Penalties-Yds.........11-58........4-28

Time Of Poss..........29:15......30:45

Pretty bleak, I am not sure that this game is much better then two years ago. Given that two years ago we lost Andrew just before the season.