Braggin rights...

andrewrozell

I have recently found myself in a debate with a Baylor Bear about the quality of his University. His only argument is "How many national championships have you won?"

Could you please list famous people or bragging right UNT has (ie Grammy winning band, or a top dept or degree)

I beleive Baylor is better is all ways, but I would like to just overwhelm him with the greatest of UNT. More than I can think of off the top of my head.

dang, I almost forgot about Travis... sorry

do you know of any programs nationally renowned. what about TAMS?

Doctorate program in Psychology is considered the best in the nation (or one of 'em)

Likewise with our Accounting program (so I am told). We have the highest rated environmental ethics program in the world ( know that for sure because that is a philosophy program).

*EDIT: counseling program is also one of the best grad programs in the nation in counseling.

Edited by Travis

dang, I almost forgot about Travis... sorry

do you know of any programs nationally renowned. what about TAMS?

TAMS is pretty well known, as it is the only program of its kind in this area of the nation (I may be mistaken). Regardless, I pretty sure we were to first to pioneer such program.

The jazz studies program is consistently rated as the top in the nation (although Indiana is always close).

I've heard that our other strong programs include environmental science, RTVF, business (don't know about the specific areas - I know from personal experience the accounting program is strong), graphic design, disaster plan administration, and education (of course). I can't name specific awards, but those are the programs I know I have heard very good things about.

Hope that helps.

2 national championships in Golf. Grammy nominations for the Lab Band programs. Lou Marini and Tom Bones Malone form the Blues Brothers.

Pat Boone, Norah Jones, Dr Phill hehehehe, Larry McMurtrey, Bill Moyers

somebody pick up from here.

Not sure UNT wants to be associated with Dr. Phil and his criminal actions. Ever wonder why Dr Phil can not legally be in private practice. What an asshole he should be in jail.

Not sure UNT wants to be associated with Dr. Phil and his criminal actions. Ever wonder why Dr Phil can not legally be in private practice. What an asshole he should be in jail.

Please, do tell!!

There's nothing I'd like more than to rain on my wifes "Dr.Phil" parade with some nasty news.

What has this idiot done?

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Don January, Billy Maxwell, etc, etc, win 3 NCAA Golf National Championships at UNT?

Was at my local WalMart the other night and a young kid sees my Mean Green T-shirt and starts asking me questions about our dear ol' alma mater because he wants to transfer from Weatherford College to UNT.

I started listing our famous NT Exes and he could hardly believe some of the names I was listing.

My decades and decades long question still remains: Why the hell do we have to be the ones who tell lifelong DFW'ers about our rich and famous? Don't most universities pay pretty decent monies to professionals who can do this more effectively and more widespread?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Top Rated Accounting Program

Top Rated Applied Economics Master's Degree with acclaimed Professor DR. Weinstein. (quoted in the DMN every week and department contracts around the nation on consulting for companines relocating to determine economic impact for a region or city.)

Top Rated computer science program.

Offers Masters in Logistics program.

Emergency Management contracted with FEMA to write the catastrophe strategy for the nation. (wait don't mention this one)

Consitently puts out vass numbers of education majors to help our education system.

Top rated Art school, visual arts, art history etc.

Music....

Soon to have a Dallas Campus, Law School, UNT-FW Med school and Pharmacy school.

The graduate Technical Writing program is one of the best in the nation and well-known for its real-life situation-based approach. It's also one of the toughest graduate degrees at North Texas (I know because I'm finishing it in December smile.gif )

We have some of the leading researchers in Biological Sciences, including a top researcher in plant biology. We've also got a microbiologist who is absolutely amazing (Dr. O'Donovan).

edit: I forgot to mention our 7 Pulitzer Prize winners.

Edited by untgirl04

The graduate Technical Writing program is one of the best in the nation and well-known for its real-life situation-based approach. It's also one of the toughest graduate degrees at North Texas (I know because I'm finishing it in December  )

We have some of the leading researchers in Biological Sciences, including a top researcher in plant biology. We've also got a microbiologist who is absolutely amazing (Dr. O'Donovan).

I am not questioning the graduate program, but the undergraduate technical writing course I took as an undergradute could have been the worst course I ever took at UNT.

My most memeorable moment was when the instructor taught us that technical documents are always written in first person. Several engineers in the class just kind of stared at her blankly.

I have recently found myself in a debate with a Baylor Bear about the quality of his University. His only argument is "How many national championships have you won?"

Could you please list famous people or bragging right UNT has (ie Grammy winning band, or a top dept or degree)

I beleive Baylor is better is all ways, but I would like to just overwhelm him with the greatest of UNT. More than I can think of off the top of my head.

If you believe Baylor is better in all ways, why would you be agruing. My point would be you can get a better education at a fraction of the cost at NT and you don't have to go to Waco.