New Podcast up 8-26

Harry

Recorded from the friendly confines of the University Union at UNT!

Should be up tonight. This is the first fan-based podcast for the Mean Green that we are aware of. We discuss the scrimmage today and other important topics relating to Mean Green Football.

It will be available initially in WAV and MP3 formats. So if you want to be able to hear it make sure you have Windows media player availble. IPOD users will also be able to download the program.

GMG!

Recorded from the friendly confines of the University Union at UNT!

Should be up tonight.  This is the first fan-based podcast for the Mean Green that we are aware of.  We discuss the scrimmage today and other important topics relating to Mean Green Football.

It will be available initially in WAV and MP3 formats.  So if you want to be able to hear it make sure you have Windows media player availble.  IPOD users will also be able to download the program.

GMG!

Us old guys look cool with our ipods. Music CD to Ipod, no problem. Podcast to Ipod, we (I) need instructions.

Excellent product. Yall said you had a laptop and a microphone, but I think yall did pretty well. Here's my ideas, for whatever they are worth for future stuff:

Special Teams; whose gonna kick field goals, or do they red-shirt Woodward?

I would thik this type of product would be an excellent means for the athletic department to communicate with the fans? DD, RV and even JJ would be exceelent guests.

The schedule, OOC and conference play. Maybe analyze the OOC schedule before Sep 2nd; and address the Sunbelt before conference play starts.

Intangibles. Please make sure to address the things that you can only get a sense for by being there. By this I mean do you get a sense of urgency, or that something may seem different. The DRC covers the on-field stuff pretty well, but what do yall feel by being at the practice.

Again, excellent concept; and keep them coming.

Harry, Matt, that was very good presentation. Maybe next time you can mention how the kicking game is going.

Kicking:

Spencer was booming punts in warmups, the backup, a new LB I believe, not so good.

Hopovac is serviceable as a kicker this season, seems to have more confidence than last spring but not the distance and consistency of Baz yet. Woodward looks nervous and linedrives his kicks or shanks kickoffs. Maybe a redshirt year.