OT: DeLay and Skilling Convicted--NM

LongJim

I'm all about capitalism, Schumpeter economics, and free market competition. But THESE guys went too far! Since I heard the news, I've been humming a song from one of my favorite musicals, "Chicago"..."he had it comin', he had it comin'...".

---When Lay, Schilling, and Enron went belly-up a lot of folks lost their retirement and their health care. I am not just talking active employees who have years to recover but people who never worked for Enron but had worked for companies acquired by Enron and are now beyond the age of possibly working any more. The Enron execs. were slime and deserve everything they get and more.

---I wonder if they will eventually go after ex-Sen. Phil Gramm's wife, she was on the board of directors and also the audit committee that kept seeing "no problems". Phil withdrew from his re-election and left the state just as soon as Enron scandel hit the fan.

---Next on the list is another crooked Houstonian... DeLay... whose name accidentally appears in the title of this thread.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

all should watch "the smartest guys in the room".

it breaks down what they did and how they did it.

They are lucky they are going to jail, if set free I really dont think they would live to see their next birthday. Enron destroyed so many peoples lives.

My favorite trick was when the stock fell to $35 they froze the employies out and wouldnt allow them to sell...until the stock hit $9. Meanwhile Kenny Boy and crew continued to dump their stock for millions.

And one of the wives when interviewed said how they were hit just as hard as everyone else, where they once had over 200 mil, they now only had 20 mil.

GMG

all should watch "the smartest guys in the room".

it breaks down what they did and how they did it.

They are lucky they are going to jail, if set free I really dont think they would live to see their next birthday. Enron destroyed so many peoples lives.

My favorite trick was when the stock fell to $35 they froze the employies out and wouldnt allow them to sell...until the stock hit $9. Meanwhile Kenny Boy and crew continued to dump their stock for millions.

And one of the wives when interviewed said how they were hit just as hard as everyone else, where they once had over 200 mil, they now only had 20 mil.

GMG

Yeah, I could see the ex-employees doing a reinactment of the French Revolution in this case...... and who would blame them?

---I wonder if they will eventually go after ex-Sen. Phil Gramm's wife, she was on the board of directors and also the audit committee that kept seeing "no problems". Phil withdrew from his re-election and left the state just as soon as Enron scandel hit the fan. 

---Next on the list is another crooked Houstonian... DeLay... whose name accidentally appears in the title of this thread.

Seems 66 is at it again attacking only conservatives unsure.gif . For a quick example of recent corruption that came out just last week, check out these links. For this particular gentlemen, I don't think the justice department will need to shop the charges to several sets of grand juries like Ronnie Earl had to for a Delay indictment. Especially since the FBI, has audio/video of Jefferson accepting bribes and mocking the possiblity of the FBI watching while he accepted 100K from an FBI agent tongue.gif . (Audio / Video not mentioned in article, but surely will be played on TV this September-October for the November election laugh.gif .

Not defending any party, just pointing out bias in a post and a major omission of recent corruption.

Dear Lord, please allow September to get hear a little quicker than normal this year! smile.gif

Corrupt Politician Example

Selfish

And just when you think you have seen it all...Hastert is defending Jefferson, not on the crimes he committed but on the process by which he was caught, which apears to be perfectly legal.

I imagine there are a lot of dudes up on the hill that are freaking out at the thought that the DOJ can bust in and root through their stuff.

If they think it is ok for gov. to snoop in our business, then I see no problem with someone looking in on the law makers.

Seems 66 is at it again attacking only conservatives unsure.gif .  For a quick example of recent corruption that came out just last week, check out these links.  For this particular gentlemen, I don't think the justice department will need to shop the charges to several sets of grand juries like Ronnie Earl had to for a Delay indictment.  Especially since the FBI, has audio/video of Jefferson accepting bribes and mocking the possiblity of the FBI watching while he accepted 100K from an FBI agent tongue.gif .  (Audio / Video not mentioned in article, but surely will be played on TV this September-October for the November election laugh.gif .

Not defending any party, just pointing out bias in a post and a major omission of recent corruption.

Dear Lord, please allow September to get hear a little quicker than normal this year!  smile.gif

Corrupt Politician Example

Selfish

And just when you think you have seen it all...Hastert is defending Jefferson, not on the crimes he committed but on the process by which he was caught, which apears to be perfectly legal.

I imagine there are a lot of dudes up on the hill that are freaking out at the thought that the DOJ can bust in and root through their stuff.

If they think it is ok for gov. to snoop in our business, then I see no problem with someone looking in on the law makers.

I don't think Hastert is concerned with the audio/video of Jefferson accepting the bribe. He is concerned with the fact that the DOJ searched the congressional office for addtitional evidence to bolster their case. I don't think the DOJ will need any additional evidence if they have the guy on tape accepting a bribe. There are scumbags in Congress on both sides of the aisle.

This is a great example of the concept of "Absolute power absolutely corrupts".

---I did not start this thread about Enron. The only person not mentioned by the originator of was Gramm. His wife was on audit commitee of Enron so she signed off on all this mess. As for Delay his name was in the title of thread.

---As for as the William Jefferson (you brought him up) ---shoot him.. I don't give a frap what party they are in... A crook is a crook. I am about honesty in government and doing what is best for the voters in general, not what is best for themselves or their party.

---Actually I want a balanced budget (a conservative idea) which isn't happening lately. Why do you think I am attacking conservatives?. Interesting that you think I hate conservatives... I hate dishonest people.

---Actually I want a balanced budget (a conservative idea) which isn't happening lately.  Why do you think I am attacking conservatives?.  Interesting that you think I hate conservatives... I hate dishonest people.

AMEN!

---I did not start this thread about Enron. The only person not mentioned by the originator of was Gramm.  His wife was on audit commitee of Enron so she signed off on all this mess.  As for Delay his name was in the title of thread.

---As for as the William Jefferson (you brought him up) ---shoot him.. I don't give a frap what party they are in... A crook is a crook.  I am about honesty in government and doing what is best for the voters in general, not  what is best for themselves or their party.

---Actually I want a balanced budget (a conservative idea) which isn't happening lately. 

I think everyone knows that Delay was mean to be Lay.  You may not have started the thread about Enron, but every chance you get you seem to try turn a thread toward some kind of bash a politician of the republican variety.    I am not defending Gramm!  This is warrantless repetition by you, why keep bringing it up?

Why do you think I am attacking conservatives?. 

The only people you have anything negative to say about are conservatives everytime you post something politically.

Interesting that you think I hate conservatives... I hate dishonest people.

Check my post, I never said you hated conservatives; I'm just pointing out that you took the liberty to point out political corruption on this board without even mentioning the biggest story about political corruption in the last oh say 72 hours regardless of affiliation. For the record, I don't hate anyone.

GMG!

Check my post, I never said you hated conservatives; I'm just pointing out that you took the liberty to point out political corruption on this board without even mentioning the biggest story about political corruption in the last oh say 72 hours regardless of affiliation.    For the record, I don't hate anyone. 

GMG!

---The topic posted was Enron... I only mentioned Enron people and Delay [of Houston also] who was listed in the topic subject. Why mention anything else?? Besides you have complained about people getting being off subject. Apparentlly you think the names mentioned are conservatives and took offense, I did not call them that or name any political party..

---You would hate Enron and the people who messed it up if you were retired and lost your retirement and health care. I know some in that boat who have. Some are now in serious financial trouble through no fault of their own.

---Your statement: Seems 66 is at it again attacking only conservatives.

To me they just look like crooks that took peoples money and ruined people's future. The other guy you mentioned did not seem to ruin peoples lives although he is apparently another crook, but not part of this Enron topic. Besides he is a two-bit crook compared to the BILLIONS taken at Enron.