looking for past season results

MG 2000

Does anyone know of any source on the net that would have past season records and results.  I figure this type of stuff would be in a media guide, but I can't locate one on the www. 

Any clues?

jhowell.net/sc/scores/ScoresIndex.html

Found one for what I was looking for. (cfbdatawharehouse.com) It confirmed the pain that I always new existed, but had tried to supress (our record in my time at school 97-00). My first question after looking at these past seasons is what the heck happened with Boise St. We used to beat them regularly, and now I see them kicking other people's butts on ESPN all the time. They have played some good bowl games the past few years as well.

Why could they get some things done in friggin' Boise but we haven't been able to reach the same type of success here?

Why could they get some things done in friggin' Boise but we haven't been able to reach the same type of success here?

Well for starters, they have one of the nations hottest recruiting beds in their back yard and they are located in a top 10 media market. Ooops, I was reading off facts about North Texas! Beats me...

But for staters they spent $5,167,351 on the football program and had $2,933,633 in ticket sales that is how a program can get the players.

Not in the 90's they didn't. They "for starters" as a university decided they would have a top competitive program and made sure they got everyone, business wise in Boise to be an integral part of what they wanted to do, WIN. Next, they decided that the best way to compete with anyone on the field was to have a potent, entertaining offensive game plan and ever since they made sure every coach they hired was a solid, proven recruiter and had that same philosophy for offense. Even though Nutt was only there for one year, he had success with what was still a 1-AA team in '97. Koetter came in after him and lit it up and the entire city got behind them especially after their 10-3 seaon in '99. Hawkins took them to the next level from there and now Peterson, who was Hawkins O coordinator the previous 5 years, is the current coach. Now as a proven program with a flair for winning, and one that is always at the forefront in marketing their school, they have the city behind them and the money is now there.

Their success can be traced back to the same exact tract that Marshall took around the same time, that as a university collectively, that they were going to succeed on the football field.

Putting it short, Boise St. has understood for quite sometime now that college football is an entertainment business!

Rick

SMU won their first year back vs NT

35-9? 1989?

Played that 1989 game at Ownby Stadium on the SMU campus and probably one of the Top 10 worst MG moments for many of us NT Exes back in the day.

Our team was uninspired in this game almost from the opening play to the last. Was so pissed after that game my Irish temper almost ruled and I almost took off my class ring to throw it on the Ownby football field, but I'd just had a new diamond set in that ring so I wisely refrained. wink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Played that 1989 game at Ownby Stadium on the SMU campus and probably one of the Top 10 worst MG moments for many of us NT Exes back in the day. 

Our team was uninspired in this game almost from the opening play to the last.  Was so pissed after that game my Irish temper almost ruled and I almost took off my class ring to throw it on the Ownby football field, but I'd just had a new diamond set in that ring so I wisely refrained. wink.gif 

I agree, and this may have been the worst performance by a NT team ever. Houston had the week before scored 100 points on this SMU team of freshmen and sophomores. This game made the 62-0 beating by the longhorns almost fun in comparison.

Not in the 90's they didn't.  They "for starters" as a university decided they would have a top competitive program and made sure they got everyone, business wise in Boise to be an integral part of what they wanted to do, WIN.  Next, they decided that the best way to compete with anyone on the field was to have a potent, entertaining offensive game plan and ever since they made sure every coach they hired was a solid, proven recruiter and had that same philosophy for offense.  Even though Nutt was only there for one year, he had success with what was still a 1-AA team in '97.  Koetter came in after him and lit it up and the entire city got behind them especially after their 10-3 seaon in '99.  Hawkins took them to the next level from there and now Peterson, who was Hawkins O coordinator the previous 5 years, is the current coach.  Now as a proven program with a flair for winning, and one that is always at the forefront in marketing their school, they have the city behind them and the money is now there.

Their success can be traced back to the same exact tract that Marshall took around the same time, that as a university collectively, that they were going to succeed on the football field.

Putting it short, Boise St. has understood for quite sometime now that college football is an entertainment business!

Rick

Rick, you might also remember that the President of Boise State University openly stated on several occasions that he wanted to be in the Mountain West Conference. There is not doubt in my mind that Boise will succeed in the very near future. I think it's called vision.