Designers selecting mascot for Dallas campus

NTEagle08

"It's not important that we share that information with the public."

This will only confuse the "man on the street."

"I hear that "NTSU" is now going to be called the Flying Turtles."

I wish the Dallas campus could be Mean Green and Eagles and be done with it.

Edited by greenjoe

El Paso is a long way from Austin.  Commerce is a long way from College Station.  There will be confusioin and we can't stand much more confusion. 

GO DALLAS NT MEAN GREEN

I still disagree. Its not the same school, nor should it be. UH-Downtown does not share the same Mascot as UofH's main campus.

And if UNT-D ever has any sort of sports team, how could they possibly have the same name?

I propse a compromise. how about the UNT-D "Annoyed Yellow". That way it takes from our history but has a new, sunnier color that promotes the brighter days we see ahead at UNT.

Point is, there are ZERO schools that I can think of that are in a system that take on the same mascot, logo and colors as the main campus. They are not the same schools, so would not have the same logos, mascots, or colors?

Part of that reason may be because many of the schools A&M Commerce etc were stand alones that were gobbled up by the bigs. A&M Commerce was originally East Texas State.

We on the other hand are starting something from scratch with NT - Dallas. How about the Maligned Green - different but the same.

There are ZERO schools that I can think of that have the same identification problems as North Texas has. I don't think the majority of students at NT Denton come here for athletics. Fewer will go to NT Dallas for athletics. Therefore, it won't be a problem. And the notion of NT Dallas playing in the Southland Conference is just silly.

There are ZERO schools that I can think of that have the same identification problems as North Texas has.  I don't think the majority of students at NT Denton come here for athletics.  Fewer will go to NT Dallas for athletics.  Therefore, it won't be a problem.  And the notion of NT Dallas playing in the Southland Conference is just silly.

We should change our name to the Stinky Pinkies!

It worked for Wichita State!

Point is, there are ZERO schools that I can think of that are in a system that take on the same mascot, logo and colors as the main campus. They are not the same schools, so would not have the same logos, mascots, or colors?

I can't think of any two schools from the same system that share the same market. There will already be massive confusion, and it will only intensify as competition for name recognition (and financial support) intensifies.

Haven't we learned a few lessons already through sharing the immediate market with Texas Womens University?

The only possible way to allieviate the problem is by aligning the two campuses with the same colors and mascot.

Does it harm anything in Louisiana that LSU-Shreveport and LSU-Alexandria are also purple and gold Tigers and identify themselves as afiliated with the flagship campus?

Does it harm anything in Louisiana that LSU-Shreveport and LSU-Alexandria are also purple and gold Tigers and identify themselves as afiliated with the flagship campus?

LSU-Alexandria doesn't even have an athletic program, and LSU-Shreveport's mascot is the Pilots and their colors are Blue and Yellow.

If UNT-Dallas is going to be an independent university in the UNT System in a few years, doesn't it make sense that they have an independent logo and color scheme from the UNT-Denton campus? I don't see how it helps either the UNT-Denton or Dallas campus to have the exact same mascot. If UNT-Dallas was only going to be a satelite school, I could see the reasoning, but since they are going to be a full fledged University in the near future, I don't see the point.

Just like you wouldn't want two high schools in the same school district to have the same mascots, why would you want two universities in a university system to have the same mascot?

Edited by NTEagle08