Freddie Kitchens Named Cowboys TE Coach

Eagle-96

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.3309a979.html

Carroll's Dodge flattered by Cowboys' interest

By TIM MacMAHON and TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

Southlake Carroll coach Todd Dodge said he interviewed with the Dallas Cowboys about their tight ends coaching job this week.

Dodge said Cowboys coach Bill Parcells informed him Wednesday that the team would go in another direction. The Cowboys announced the hiring Thursday of Freddie Kitchens, a former Alabama quarterback who spent the past two seasons as a Mississippi State assistant after three seasons at North Texas.

Dodge, a lifelong Cowboys fan, said he never thought of coaching in the NFL until he was contacted by Parcells last week.

“I appreciated him thinking of me,” said Dodge, whose team was named the mythical national champions the past two seasons. “On a random winter day, I got a call from one of the legends in coaching. I was very flattered.”

Carroll has used a spread offense, which does not employ a tight end, to go 63-1 and win three Class 5A Division II state titles over the past four seasons. Carroll set a 5A record with 764 points last season. Only Vince Young’s 2001 Houston Madison team scored more points that Carroll’s 2002 and 2004 teams.

This is the second time Dodge, whose son, Riley, will be Carroll’s starting quarterback next season, has been contacted about a job this offseason. Dodge said he declined an invitation to interview for Rice’s head coaching vacancy before Todd Graham was hired.

Dodge’s only coaching experience above the high school level was as UNT’s offensive coordinator/receivers coach in 1992 and ’93. Jeff Ireland, the Cowboys' vice president of college and pro scouting, was also an assistant on that staff.

In addition to finalizing his coaching staff, Parcells delegated some new roles to old faces Thursday.

Tony Sparano, denied the chance to become Sean Payton’s offensive coordinator in New Orleans, was promoted to assistant head coach and will continue to handle the offensive line and running game duties.

Wide receivers coach Todd Haley will replace Payton as the passing game coordinator. Payton was the assistant head coach and passing game coordinator in 2005.

With Chris Palmer on board as the quarterbacks coach, David Lee is now the offensive quality control coach.

It will be the second straight year Parcells has not used the offensive coordinator title. It's not clear who will call plays in 2006 after Payton handled the job last season.

E-mail tmacmahon@dallasnews.com

E-mail tarcher@dallasnews.com

COWBOYS COACHES

The Cowboys’ assistant coaches for the 2006 season:

Todd Bowles, Secondary

Vincent Brown, Inside Linebackers

Todd Haley, Wide Receivers/Passing Game

Joe Juraszek, Strength and Conditioning

Freddie Kitchens, Tight Ends

David Lee, Offensive Quality Control

Anthony Lynn, Running Backs

Mike MacIntyre, Safeties

Chris Palmer, Quarterbacks

Paul Pasqualoni, Linebackers

Kacy Rodgers, Defensive Line

Tony Sparano, Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line/Running Game

Mike Zimmer, Defensive Coordinator

congratulations to Kitchens.

From DMN Blog (from former DRC Tim McMahon) - before we all collectively high five:

More on Cowboys TE coach

Am I the only one who can't get enough of this topic?

My paths crossed with Freddie Kitchens, who got the gig, when I was on the North Texas beat and he was a Mean Green assistant. It's a good thing the Cowboys don't have to recruit.

A current UNT assistant told me Kitchens tried to take tailback Jamario Thomas with him when he was hired at Mississippi State. At the time, Thomas was a high school senior who was leaning toward UNT. The joke around the UNT football offices after the ink was dry on Thomas' letter of intent: "Freddie still hasn't signed a UNT recruit."

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 2:48 PM (E-mail this entry)

After Dennis Parker, who won 5A Championships in Marshal and Judson, I'm more than a little "gun-shy" of high school coaches jumping to a 1A head coaching job!

That was then, this is now. Kids/recruits seem to like these high powered offenses, and so do most fans. Heck, offer Dodge a package deal. Todd Dodge and his son to North Texas and pack Fouts.

Over most of the last 30 plus years, few NT assistant coaches have moved up beyond the level of UNT. Some actually followed this close enough to know.

In fact, many ex NT football coaches (head coach or assistants) even went back to the high school level. I believe Corky Nelson even did that when he became head football coach at Seguin High School if memory serves me well. Corky Nelson was a better coach than DD and was probably in a tougher conference back (SLC) then that we are now. Perhaps Corky's wins over SWC schools during his career at UNT sorta' proves that concerning Corky over Dickey Ball?

And for heaven's sake, MG61, are you and DD related? LOL! Never seen this kind of (apparent) loyalty to such blatant mediocrity and even toward a coach who has taken most every radio broadcasted opportunity he can muster to kick NT Exes around and his even having done the same with his very employer. (Still wonder if he would have said all those things he said on the radio in a room full of North Texas Exes--as in, uh, face to face)? Oh I forgot, we don't have quarerly meetings for such to take place.

Yet this is the kind of thing you get from one who spent 10 prior to his receiving the NT job at 5 (I repeat, "FIVE") other assistant football coach jobs. Even a novice would be able to identify that as a journeyman assistant football coach with that many stopovers. Jeez! 5 jobs over the space of 10 years, folks?sad.gif

THIS FOR NEW LURKERS AND NEW READERS:

SO WHY WAS ALL THIS ALLOWED TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE IN MEAN GREEN COUNTRY.

THEN............ENTER THE JAYHAWKS LEST SOME OF YOU LURKERS OR NEW READERS DIDN'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS EXTREMELY QUCKER THAN NORMAL CONTRACT SIGNING OF A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH @ UNT:

So as UNT was getting over 3 years of yet another head football coaching job gone amuck with that job coming from the wrong "Dennis" (since Dennis Francione had wanted the NT job the same time Dennis Parker got the NT job); anyway, all this going on in MG Country before DD's daddy and Craig Helwig put their heads together and pulled off their little Jayhawk Jumble (you all know that dance, right............the, uh, "JJ"? Well, it's a celebration dance for those who know they've put a big one over a helluva' bunch of people.

POST MATT SIMON: While a whole bunch of us on GMG.com and many in the NT community wondered when a head football coaches seach committee was going to be formed we then turn on the TV and watch the 6:00 o'clock sports to find to our total amazement that a new NT head football coach had already been signed to a contract (and with unbelievable with warp speed to boot). You know the kind of speed that would prevent any NT Exes from asking: WHO THE HELL IS DARRELL DICKEY (and shouldn't we have more than "one" man on our list of candidates for the Mean Green job)?

AS GOOD OL' AGGIE CLAYTIE' WILLIAMS ONCE SAID: JUST LAY BACK AND ENJOY IT IF ITS INEVITABLE! So any of you still feel a bit violated over this Jayhawk-produced rape of our school, our alums, our fans and our football program? And this new group on the NT payroll that would have many NT Exes believing how being in the SBC/Bottom 10 wasn't so bad a thing since you still got to go to a bowl, right? And this same group showing by their actions (and recruiting) that you really didn't have to have those Top 25 rankings, either).

Any of you feel violated when the Kansas Konnection pulled off the hiring of a head football coach who would have not have had a snowball's chance in hell of getting our job w/o that special "Kansas Konnection" and DD's hiring because of their most timely assistance in pulling this coup over a bunch of Texans?

BIG QUESTION: IN YOUR LIFETIME...............any of you recall any journeyman assistant football coach like DD who had had 5 coaching stops in 10 years to get an NCAA D1-A head football coaches job? In my 40 plus years of following college football, I've never seen a job qute like the one we are getting in Denton.

But with our pathetic track record of hiring at UNT, the sky is the limit on what NT leadership will deliver to us next in the area of whoever eventually replaces DD. So with that in mind, can we hope that even UNT's decision-makers may feel a special calling to dedicate all their time at their places of business and to just get out of the college athletics business?.

So at UNT, its the time tested and old thing of garbage in--garbage out. You hire a journeyman assistant coach, you get SBC/Bottom 10...... "un"- success and wonder why no one in the local, regional or national media takes Mean Green football seriously?

And (even sadder) don't we know by now that even the better Metroplex HS football players hardly know we exist (with or w/o an Athletic Center that we were even a few years behind some Southland Conference schools in building our's)?

So...............If you like life as an NCAA D1-A bottom-feeder, then a few of you got your boy. But look for some to stop enabling all this by the personal funding of it. And speaking of money, don't the rest of you really want more bang for your buck with what all you are putting on the table for Dickey Ball?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

So at UNT, its the time tested and old thing of garbage in--garbage out.  You hire a journeyman assistant coach, you get SBC/Bottom 10...... "un"- success and wonder why no one in the local, regional or national media takes Mean Green football seriously? 

YES! We should never condsider the "journyman" assistant coach when hiring. By doing so we can avoid such losers as Larry Coker of Miami, who had 5 assistant jobs before gettig a head coach gig. (Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Tulsa, Miami)

or Mack Brown of Texas- 6 stops as an assistant (Fla St, S. Miss, Memphis, Iowa St, LSU, Oklahoma).

We could have avoided hiring a coaching legend like Lou Holtz, who had 5 assistant coach jobs (Ohio St, Iowa, William & Mary, Conneticut, South Carolina)

Maybe we should compare apples with apples and look at some of the coaches at colleges on a more equal footing w/ UNT i.e. NON-BCS

Mike Price of UTEP-4 stops (Wash St, Pugent Sound, Wash St, Missouri),

Gary Patterson at TCU who has at top 25 program in Ft Worth. Patterson had ELEVEN yes 11! assistant coach gigs before becoming the head man in cowtown. (Kansas St, Tenn. Tech, Cal-Davis, Cal Lutheran, Pittsburgh St, Sonoma St, Oregon Lightning (arena) Utah State, Navy, New Mexico, TCU)

So in short- PMG is right! we should automatically disallow any "journyman" assistant coach. It's obvious that they could never run a successful program blink.gif

Edited by Baby Arm!

YES!  We should never condsider the "journyman" assistant coach when hiring.   By doing so we can avoid such losers as Larry Coker of Miami, who had 5 assistant jobs before gettig a head coach gig. (Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Tulsa, Miami)

or Mack Brown of Texas- 6 stops as an assistant (Fla St, S. Miss, Memphis, Iowa St, LSU, Oklahoma). 

We could have avoided hiring a coaching legend like Lou Holtz, who had 5 assistant coach jobs (Ohio St, Iowa, William & Mary, Conneticut, South Carolina)

Maybe we should compare apples with apples and look at some of the coaches at colleges on a more equal footing w/ UNT i.e. NON-BCS

Mike Price of UTEP-4 stops (Wash St, Pugent Sound, Wash St, Missouri), 

Gary Patterson at TCU who has at top 25 program in Ft Worth.  Patterson had ELEVEN  yes 11!  assistant coach gigs before becoming the head man in cowtown.  (Kansas St, Tenn. Tech, Cal-Davis, Cal Lutheran, Pittsburgh St, Sonoma St, Oregon Lightning (arena) Utah State, Navy, New Mexico, TCU)

So in short- PMG is right!   we should automatically disallow any "journyman" assistant coach.   It's obvious that they could never run a successful program  blink.gif

A POTPOURRI OF VARIOUS THOUGHTS ON JOURNEYMAN FOOTBALL COACHES AND THE VEILED SUCCESS OF DICKEY BALL...........You like it? Then you finance it!

Yeah, but 5 jobs in 10 years, Baby Arm? Do you really think if Jim Dickey and Craig Helwig had not been big buddies that UNT would have gone to SMU to hire one who had been on there payroll for even just one year? Trust me, Dickey was not what the doctor orderred for those of us who (gasp!) actually have North Texas ties for crissakes'?

All you that love Dickey Ball, how much you going to give toward it this next Fall? Have any of you ever given to it period is the question I've seen raised on this forum many times. Its easy to give "free" HSO's (hot sports opinions for those who are sorta' new to sports smack boards) but is it so easy to give to SBC/Bottom 10 level football that garnered DD 4 "big" coach of the year awards? Pleeezzzzzzzzzzz, spare us with even that!

UNT ATHLETIC STAFFERS PLEASE DO HONOR THIS REQUEST: I am saying this one time and to those in the UNT Athletic Dept. many of whom we know read this forum so.............. do read this and please do act on this today: Take my name off any of your mailing lists ASAP because you are wasting your postage with this NT alum as long as UNT continues to have one of the worst athletic programs in NCAA D1-A. A program that has even buffalo'd' way too many of our alums thinking we have really pulled it off on the rest of the college football world with SBC/Bottom 10 disguised and veiled success. THIS FOR ANY UNT ATHLETIC STAFFER (and please pass this on if you will): I believe all that I have given the MG Club this academic year more than covers any gift (a funky lookin' NT flag that I wouldn't hang at a dog fight) I've received and if you even want those few items back, then let me know and I'll gladly mail those back ASAP. NOTE: FWIW, most of us who have given to the MG Club in the past have always really prefered to have had all those monies go to scholarships, not gifts since you cannot write off gifts with the IRS. Comprende?

So Baby Arm (even your moniker is demeaning and an insult to those who were sadly born with that physical handicap and I don't think that funny at all, do you?...........But BA, you and and a hardy handful of others who I question their real desires to see our school excel at the level of athletics we play; anyway, you all have your man for at least one more season, so enjoy all the condescending radio comments and all the undisciplined style of football you all will continue to get. I mean its like they say, "you can't take stripes off a zebra." Dickey Ball may play a pro style offense in Spring (winter) Football the next few days, but come September it's back to, uh....................DICKEY BALL! smile.gif

JUST MORE SCATTERSHOOTIN'.............

Also continue to accept the fact that the UNT Athletic Dept. seems to have no control of its own with all the drama some of its personnel have publicly produced for all to see as they verbally acosted some of our fans in the stands of Fouts Field last Fall. "You All (really) Like That?"

And enjoy life in NCAA D1-A (come on now, are we "really" a NCAA D1-A school the way we have been operating in Denton of late?); but enjoy NCAA D1-A life in a subterranean co-existence in or near what some call the Bottom 10. BA, did one national recruiting service saying UNT had finished last among all other 117 schools of NCAA D1-A give you (and others) a subtle hint of what "OUR" own version of a jouneyman assistant coach is really all about as far as what his leadership is producing for Mean Green fans and NT Exes?

??????????...........Have the last 3 or 4 NT recruiting classes really caused you and others to join the MG Club for the first time ever, increase your MG Club donations or even buy an extra season ticket or 2? Well, mine have ceased and I know others (of which some of their names would suprise even some in the NT Athletic Dept) will also cease theirs because money seems to be the only thing that catches most people's attention in our American society. Think that will get Bobby Ray's attention?

The amazing phenemona in all this are all the bonafide woodies a hardy handful of you still seem to get when the Mean Green beat such powerhouse schools such as ULM, MUTS, ASU, ULaLa and others similar, but you overlook the fact that DD winning an OOC game is still (even 8 years later going on 9) only a pipe dream in Denton for that particular journeyman assistant and "would be" NCAA D1-A head football coach.

BTW, while on that sujbect, there is really nothing wrong with being a journeyman assistant coach because that is most likely what Darrell Dickey's future will be once some of our inter-collegiate athletic experts on campus figure out what the hell have given to the rest of us with DD in charge. You think smaller donations and smaller crowds toward the end of next season will make an indellible impression on some of that group at the top? I do..............

Yet on all ths aforementioned SBC schools, anyone else notice how far up the NCAA D1-A food chain beating that group (when we used to do that) has gotten us? STOP THE PRESS! I forgot that it got "your" boy of Dickey Ball fame 4 big time coach of the year (gimmee' a freakin' break) awards! And its no wonder (whatsoever) why Darrell Dickey worships Wright Waters so damn much---Hellsbells! WW's and his SBC/Bottom 10 conference saved DD's NT coaching career's ass since the Big West with one of its school a future top 25 fixture wasn't exactly doing it.

So did our very own home grown intercollegiate hiring expert and big time contract negotiator, one Mr. Bobby Ray really need to have extended DD's contract well into the next decade instead of one year here--one year there--one year everywhere? Did he cut his and his family's vacation buddy off a bit short then?

Well, some of us will (hopefully) in our own way help Bobby Ray make a decision he should have kept his nose out of 6 years ago in Monroe, LA, when he over-ruled the firing of Darrell Dickey. What if DD would have been replaced by a Mike Price type of hire? Where would we be today among all 117 schools in NCAA D1-A. Instead..................where is Dickey Ball now ranked among those elite 117 schools?

Very lucky for Mr. Ray that his boy DD was the head football in Wright Water's new league of a bunch of college football misfits and a league of which most its members were in the NCAA D1-A Bottom 10 when DD was going bowling and winning, uh, SBC coach of the year awards . Are some of you so really naive' with all this as to continue to accept all this? If so, I have some prime swamp land out here in Parker County I think I could sell to a hardy handful of you quite easily, after all, some of you have bought into Dickey Ball, right?smile.gif

SO JUST WHEN & WHERE DO THE BUCK$ STOP? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Some will now have the total satisfaction of knowing that their non-giving to NT Athletics with whatever amount they gave will no longer play any part in helping to enable Bobby Ray to keep he and his family's favorite vacation buddy in town. I'd encourage others to do the same and either put what you would normally give in a special account (as suggested by SUMG) and then those monies that will be returned to NT Athletics once about half of those "would be" Denton retirees employed in the NT athletic department take their, uh, "special" Bottom 10 talents and skills elsewhere. Let some new schools discover all the joys they've given to ours.

If NT Exes own feelings and attitudes which have been made to Mr. Ray in person or by mail are still not enough; if all these things which our Napoleon of the North is (trust me) most aware and if he continues to keep his head buried in the sand not really fully understanding just how pissed off Darrell Dickey and his smart ass condescending radio attitudes the last 4 or 5 years have created with a very large part of the Mean Green Nation, then lets just be the first Texas public university to have our little Napoleon and NT chairman of the Board of Regents recalled. (Hey Bobby! In other words, get out of the college athletic business, keep your day job and you and "non PHD" chancellor Lee Jackson just go out and build yalls (and Royce West') University of North Texas-Dallas campus)! sad.gif Any chance we ever had of making UNT-Denton a truly great university has now literally gone south (as in south Dallas county).

Just the fact that so few (except that same handful who really prefer what they are getting with this program; anyway, if NT leadership is really bending over backwards with the hire of a journeyman assistant football coach that even they themselves had not one say in his hiring lets just hit em' where it hurt$ and what will get their undivded attention. Lets do the very thing that gets any successful bu$ine$$man's attention and therefore reduce that part of this equation up in Denton so our NT leadership (in deed) do get the message loud and clear from a rather large and growing army of NT Exes who can (quite frankly) live w/o Mean Green athletics under its present leadership.

AND IN CLOSING....................smile.gif

.............................................................................................................

The risk of reducing alumnus funding to enable Dickey Ball to continue in with its 8 years of a lower level co-existance and such a risk that a handful of you will probably suggest this will create will (in the opinion of many) more than be worth the risk to produce the kind of results AND rewards that all of us in Mean Green Country deserve to have once again. So you who love Dickey Ball, give to it non-stop to make up for those who no longer will support this kind of college football.

.............................................................................................................

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

THEN............ENTER THE JAYHAWKS LEST SOME OF YOU LURKERS OR NEW READERS DIDN'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS EXTREMELY QUCKER THAN NORMAL CONTRACT SIGNING OF A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH @ UNT: 

Jayhawks? I thought it was a Kansas St. conspiracy. I'm really confused now. First it was an SMUt theory, then K. St. and now Kansas. ph34r.gifph34r.gif

UNT ATHLETIC STAFFERS PLEASE DO HONOR THIS REQUEST:  I am saying this one time and to those in the UNT Athletic Dept. many of whom we know read this forum so.............. do read this and please do act on this today:  Take my name off any of your mailing lists ASAP because you are wasting your postage with this NT alum as long as UNT continues to have one of the worst athletic programs in NCAA D1-A.  A program that has even buffalo'd' way too many of our alums thinking we have really pulled it off on the rest of the college football world with SBC/Bottom 10 disguised and veiled success.  THIS FOR ANY UNT ATHLETIC STAFFER (and please pass this on if you will):  I believe all that I have given the MG Club this academic year more than covers any gift (a funky lookin' NT flag that I wouldn't hang at a dog fight)  I've received and if you even want those few items back,  then let me know and I'll gladly mail those back ASAP.  NOTE:  FWIW, most of us who have given to the MG Club in the past have always really prefered to have had all those monies go to scholarships, not gifts since you cannot write off gifts with the IRS.  Comprende?

I hope if they do read this they send you 400 flags and other surplus immediately.

Oh, and I know those forms are hard to fill out, but you can check the "do not mail me a gift" box like some people already do. Donating money is not that hard, unless you want to be a martyr about it.

Here's to you, everyone else who donates and doesn't broadcast it.

And the gifts they give are pretty much on the cheap by design. I know it is fun to talk tough on this board, but you've had plenty of chances by now to contact the AD yourself with all this. If I'm not happy with someone, I usually do not sit at home in my panties posting rants, hoping they'll notice me. I know you love the attention everyone gives back to you, but at least know you've become a punchline to the people you are so consumed with. If you could really live without athletics you would not be posting the same stuff all day.

The thing you seem to not be able to live without is the spotlight - and this goes back to when you defended everything the exact opposite way. I think you've made it very clear to GMG.com that you just don't know how to quit us.

In the words of the bartender in Anchorman: "Take it outside crazy. You're stinkin' up the joint with your craziness."

Long live Nate Dogg - a god among men.

I look forward to a nonsensical reply!

I hope if they do read this they send you 400 flags and other surplus immediately.

Oh, and I know those forms are hard to fill out, but you can check the "do not mail me a gift" box like some people already do. Donating money is not that hard, unless you want to be a martyr about it.

Here's to you, everyone else who donates and doesn't broadcast it.

And the gifts they give are pretty much on the cheap by design. I know it is fun to talk tough on this board, but you've had plenty of chances by now to contact the AD yourself with all this. If I'm not happy with someone, I usually do not sit at home in my panties posting rants, hoping they'll notice me. I know you love the attention everyone gives back to you, but at least know you've become a punchline to the people you are so consumed with. If you could really live without athletics you would not be posting the same stuff all day.

The thing you seem to not be able to live without is the spotlight - and this goes back to when you defended everything the exact opposite way. I think you've made it very clear to GMG.com that you just don't know how to quit us.

In the words of the bartender in Anchorman: "Take it outside crazy. You're stinkin' up the joint with your craziness."

Long live Nate Dogg - a god among men.

I look forward to a nonsensical reply!

Yet another poster hiding behind a moniker. And just who are you, "Q"man? Are you employed at UNT or even in the UNT Athletic Department as I suspect? If so, I'm sorry because your resume' will also not impress many in NCAA D1-A.

FWIW, I've followed all this pretty faithfully for 33 years and those who I count to be my true (longtime) friends on this board, know just exactly where I'm coming from and sorry to disappiont you, but many of them also thought that Mean Green flag sucked too!:(

Sincerely,

James G. Plummer, Jr., aka PlummMeanGreen (PMG)

** Proud 6'th Generation Texan (who now likes even fewer from the Jayhawk state of Kansas and that for what they are doing to my alma mate's athletic program-----damn Yankees)! smile.gif

** UNT Class of 1976

** Ulys Knight Spirit Award (1996)................you think even ol' Ulys would have supported this crappy athletic program for much longer? You know an NT athletic program that just keeps on persevering one varsity head basketball coaches Denton career now going on 17 years with .500 nowhere in sight for her career and..................an athletic department that even has a past legacy of having hired Dennis Parker over Dennis Francione? You think that many of us don't have reason for some concern and to ask questions to all our "self annointed" sacred cows up in Denton, "Q?"

So isn't it really time that many more on this board start showing some spine, growing some gonads, exhibiting less "kiss up" and just start asking some very important questions as to why NT leaders just keep on a-rubber-stampin' all this subterranean mediocrity on an annual basis?

Now again, uh, Quoner(?)............just who are you and what are your NT ties. If you are so concerned and so opinionated about all this you really won't mind that others know who you are, now would you? (Or is there a real need for you to hide behind your moniker)?

So............"Did You All Like That?" (famous quote from yet another misplaced Kansan & "would be" Texan in the MGRN).

AND YOU INFER THAT "I" NEED, uh, ATTENTION? As a "quasi-musician" I get all the attention I need when I get the 12 string out, sing a little Gordon Lightfooot and sing solo or in an ensemble at my local church. Boy, what a rush of attention all that is for me! LOL!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I'm no more related to DD than you are to the truth rolleyes.gif

If you were as big a donor as you are a poster, we'd be moving into the new stadium right away rolleyes.gif

As much as I post? Aren't you somewhat the pot calling the kettle black with that statement, MG61?smile.gif

Come on, MG61, for once show us some spine and please at some point do consider refraining from kissin' up to a Darrell Dickey-led program with all its mediocrity and veiled success. The truth will even set our mature citizens free, too, if they'd only let it seep in.

And FWIW, I don't question what amount anyone gives to UNT and neither should you even in all your senior citizen wisdom, MG61. I will give to UNT, but it will probably be to the UNT History Dept. that will get my of most humble financial gifts until about half of the present UNT athletic department have found the Red River (and then cross over it with suitcases in hand). Probably should have been giving to our history department all along if (even more) truth be known.

But its just like another alum said to me just the other day when he said this via telephone: "You know, what concerns me even more than all the sub par coaches hirings we keep getting in Mean Green Country, but moreso all those NT Exes who just keep on kissin' up to it all and (strangely) just keep supporting NCAA D1-A life at the bottom of the barrell", with a football program showing no noticable trends that indicate much in the area of improvement will take place and every bit of this with no questions asked to present NT leadership who are giving all of this to us."

Have A Nice Day!:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Yet another poster hiding behind a moniker.  And just who are you?

Now again, uh, Quoner(?)............just who are you and what are your NT ties.  If you are so concerned and so opinionated about all this you really won't mind that others know who you are, now would you?  (Or is there a real need for you to hide behind your moniker)?

What the hell does that have to do with anything? So your name is James Plummer. OK. Along with Quoner, James Plummer is just a name on the computer to me. If I walked past you I still wouldn't know who you were. Why should Quoner have to say his/her name. What does it matter?

Drew Curtis aka H-towngreen. First generation Texan. Current student at UH. 3rd grade history bee champion.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? So your name is James Plummer. OK. Along with Quoner, James Plummer is just a name on the computer to me. If I walked past you I still wouldn't know who you were. Why should Quoner have to say his/her name. What does it matter?

Drew Curtis aka H-towngreen. First generation Texan. Current student at UH. 3rd grade history bee champion.

REVISED................

Very good, Mr. Curtis and we are all proud of that 3'rd grade achievement, too.smile.gif

I just wanted the "Q" man to admit that he/she is probably an NT Athletic Dept. employee and that is the vantage point from which he/she made his/her remarks toward me. 'Tis a free country, anyone can say what they want to say and FWIW, I can take handle what some have allege I have maliciously dished out that they are not in complete agreement.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, THOUGH. Its just all that I have suggested I feel will make NT Exes get back to point to where we can "ALL" be proud of being Mean Green once again. I have no personal gain in all this that I have posted and even knew I would take some personal ridicule and swipes aimed at me because of it, but what the hell, my bloodline comes from one of the first appointed Texas Rangers back in 1833 and he was mean as hell according to family tradition, but all was not lost because he he did have a soft spot for women folk and his Methodist'ism it seems as well. LOL!

BUT................Some of our NT athletic department employees can't fully seem to fathom that many of us actually think we can do better (once again) in Denton, but the part they don't want to accept it that it will probably be none of them who will be around to help make us better since most of them have had a few years to do so and haven't yet delivered us out of our present NCAA D1-A wilderness.

I have to ask this question to you, H=towngreen and I'm not being facetious here at all: Just what is the hook that has you supporting Darrell Dickey as the man to lead us at UNT in our football program in light of where his leadership after 8 years presently has our football program in context with all the other 117 schools in NCAA D1-A? Just curious.....

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Come on, MG61, for once show us some spine and please at some point do consider refraining from kissin' up to a Darrell Dickey-led program with all its mediocrity and veiled success.  The truth will even set our mature citizens free, too, if they'd only let it seep in.

Some more of your useless dribble cool.gif

A brief description of the majority of your posts and the recognition they deserve rolleyes.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

I won't close with have a nice day, instead I'll just hope you seek help soon! Your condition is getting worse, not improving rolleyes.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

Very good, Mr. Curtis and we are all proud of that 3'rd grade achievement, too.smile.gif

I just wanted the "Q" man to admit that he/she is probably an NT Athletic Dept. employee and that is the vantage point from which he/she made his/her remarks toward me. 

I have to ask this question to you, H=towngreen and I'm not being facetious here at all:  Just what is the hook that has you supporting Darrell Dickey as the man to lead us at UNT in our football program in light of where his leadership after 8 years presently has our football program in context with all the other 117 schools in NCAA D1-A?  Just curious.....

Thanks I'm very proud of it too. biggrin.gif

Why is it that anyone who supports DD on this board you then assume that they work for the Ath. Dept? My guess is that Quoner is just someone who gets a hard on over J. Quinn.

Why am I supportive of DD and staff and the football team.

1) He is our coach and he is leading our team into battle every weekend in the upcoming fall.

2) Where were we before he got here 8 yrs. ago.

3) Conference Champs, Bowl Appearences. Cover of USA Today, ESPN spotlight.

4) Back2back rushing champs.

No I was not happy with last years performence. But I do believe that DD should be given this year to right the ship. If it turns into another season like last, then we move on and go after a high profile coach. But until then I support DD and staff, and the players.