How deep does green run in the family?

UNT_playmaker

I applied to UNT (and got in), and my back-up school was UT. Living in Austin, I wanted to get away from the Orange, and UNT was the best thing for me. Besides, it was here in 1990-1994 that I met MeanEd, one of my best friends to this day. I also very much enjoyed my time here getting my Master's degree (2001-2004)My wife attended UNT for a semester before I knew her, and our baby due on May 14th WILL BE registering for the Fall of 2024.

Edited by TeachinTodd

2nd generation for me! smile.gif

My mother graduated with a degree in accounting while playing couple of years on the bball team (that was about the time the team was starting up). My sister just graduated in Dec. with a BS/MS in accounting just like I did 2 years earlier and my fiance is due to graduate in another year or so.

It would have been all in the family had my dad gone here instead of Houston.

Go Mean Green and go Coogs!

I'm first generation to go to college in my family. I recieved my BS in 94 (Kinesiology) and MS (Physiology) in 01 , both at UNT. I met my wife in grad school, hands down the best women alive to be able to put up with me, who came from Virginia. Her grandfather, aunt, uncle and cousin went to UNT.

I'm a 2nd gen.

My wife is a 4th gen. Her great-grandfather went to Texas Normal College around 1910, I think. We recently saw his diploma from there.

By my count, at least 11 people in my family went to NT. Some transferred out and/or didn't graduate from NT.

Edited by pollock

I'm the first woman in my family to get a 4-year degree. I graduated in '04 with a degree in Biology, and my sister will attend North Texas in the fall.

I met my husband at North Texas ('03 graduate). Both he and my brother-in-law ('03 graduate) attended.

My brother and I are both graduates. My kids (both 14 yrs old) will be attending and hopefully graduating from UNT.

My niece, wanted to go the UNT, she has been the starting point guard for her HS basketball team since she was a freshman. She is in her junior year and captian of the team. Other schools (colleges) have already taken an interest in her BB abilities but she has received no interest from UNT, so I guess she will go elsewhere.

1st Generation, but my family moved to Denton in the 60's because my father had accepted a position at NTSU as a professor. He retired as the Acting Dean of the College of Education.

My sister and I graduated from NT, and my brother attended but didn't finish his degree.

My brother and I are both graduates.  My kids (both 14 yrs old) will be attending and hopefully graduating from UNT.

My niece, wanted to go the UNT, she has been the starting point guard for her HS basketball team since she was a freshman.  She is in her junior year and captian of the team.  Other schools (colleges) have already taken an interest in her  BB abilities but she has received no interest from UNT, so I guess she will go elsewhere.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. My wifes grandmother graduated from UNT, with a degree in nutrition or something like that.

Both my grandfather and grandmother went to UNT in the 30s/40s, but neither of them graduated. My father and uncle also went and graduated from UNT in the 70s. I graduated in 03. I guess that makes me a 3rd generation mean greener. Also, my wife and both of her parents graduated from UNT. That means that our kids pretty much have to go to UNT. They have no choice. smile.gif

Edited by unachris

Only one in my immediate family to graduate from NT. Two daughters took the NT tour, applied, were accepted but went elsewhere. Oldest graduated from TCU with Fashion/Promotion degree and the middle daughter graduates from A & M in May with a Marketing degree. Youngest daughter was never interested in any university but A & M. She is a Junior Nutrition Major and will attend nursing school after graduation.

I do have niece that graduated from NT (mid 1980's)with a degree in Personnel Management and is doing very well working from her home office as consultant. Another nephew attended NT and was just a few courses short of getting a degree. Another nephew attended UT but later transferred to NT to follow his future wife. Both graduated from NT.

Sad part is, I'm probably the only connection in our family that NT that supports athletics.

Father graduated with a BBA (or whatever they called it then) in '55

Older brother graduated with a BBA in '84, MBA in '88

Older sister graduated with a BBA in '89

I graduated with a BBA in '92, MBA in '96

I grew up in Denton and my parents had my brother, sister, and me all thinking that the natural progression was Ginnings Elementary, Strickland Junior High, Denton High, then North Texas. Like ducks we all three followed suit!

1st Generation: Mom and Dad went to SMU--had 5 kids and all went to State colleges. Go Figure:

Brother -- NTSU mangement

Sister 1--NTSU Finance

Sister 2-- SFA Teaching/Masters

Sister 3-- NTSU Marketing

Brother (ME) UNT--BAAS

Wife1 --UNT Art History

All pay dues to Alumni Exes but not real big athletic supporters (except me of course)

Most of the Huff herd bleed green. It started when my mother went to school there in the late 1920's. She met some guy from Texas Tech and did not graduate but told me lots of stories about her time there. My wife and I are both North Texas graduates. We met on a blind date there. Both our kids and their spouses went to North Texas. My wife's sister, brother, and sister-in-law are all North Texans. Our new little grandson made all five North Texas home games last fall. It is a very green family.