QB - Who the hell knows

FB - Kerona Henderson?

HB - J-Mo: Injury prone?

WR - Johnny Quinn: Reliable

WR - Brandon Jackson: Showed flashes

TE - Charlie Brown: Blount?

LT - Ajani Banks? RS Fresh

LG - Trent Stanley: Haven't seen him

C - Chad Rose: Got better as the year went on???

RG - Dylan Lineberry

RT - Joel Foster/Jeremy Brown: Foster light/Brown was benched if I recall

Opinions???

Offensively I think we will go as far as the QB and J-Mo will take us. If we cannot find a QB that can lead us, and/or J-Mo cannot stay healthy, we are in for more of what we got last year.

Bright side: J-Mo stays healthy, plays every game, rushes for 2,000+ yds, and a QB, Meager, Phillips, or Woody, takes every snap and makes the routine plays, we will end up being very tough to beat in the New Orleans Bowl

Dark Side: The opposite of the above happens, and we end up getting spanked by the Ponies, and we go 1-10

GO MEAN GREEN

Guest GrayEagleOne

QB No comment until after spring

FB Who knows if we'll even use one

RB If J-Mo doesn't stay healthy we're in trouble

TE Let's hope Charley Brown can handle it

OL Lineberry, Rose, Stanley, Jeremy Brown, Foster, Venegas and Banks in some

order.

WR Quinn exceptional

WR Jackson if Quinn draws double coverage, Brandon could be a big producer

PK This could really be a problem. It takes a while to develop a kicker.

Remember Bazaldua's first year he was kicking into everyone's backside?

Same question , what has happened to Brock Stickler ?

QB will be interesting , most recruiting services list Wilson as a DB, what will Phillips look like after a full year in the program ? Will offensive philosophy change to enhance the individual strengths of the skilled players ? Will the change in the color green really make a differnce ? smile.gif

QB  No comment until after spring

FB  Who knows if we'll even use one

RB  If J-Mo doesn't stay healthy we're in trouble

TE  Let's hope Charley Brown can handle it

OL  Lineberry, Rose, Stanley, Jeremy Brown, Foster, Venegas and Banks in some

order.

WR  Quinn  exceptional

WR  Jackson  if Quinn draws double coverage, Brandon could be a big producer

PK  This could really be a problem.  It takes a while to develop a kicker. 

Remember Bazaldua's first year he was kicking into everyone's backside?

I think that Kerona Henderson is a better prospect than using a "H" back. He's a true FB size (6' 225) and he's shown flashes of being a legitimate running threat during last spring, and last fall's practice. I noticed that he got more playing time at FB as the season wore on. So, that means that he was becoming more effective at FB than James Mitchell. To me, that's pretty impressive because James Mitchell (like James Brown) is the hardest working player on the team. And a damn fine running back. Has everyone forgotten about James Mithcell's 166 yards in the mud against Arkst. at the end of 04?

So that means that JaMo and James Mitchell will be #1 and #2 going into the spring. I pencil in Evan Robertson a #3.

I remember when we signed Evan Robertson last spring. I thought "at 5'9" X 160lbs this guy had better be FAST and TOUGH. From what I saw in the fall practices, he seemed to be both. So, if Robertson (#22 on your program) is as good as he showed last fall, then we are in pretty good shape at RB,.....even if JaMo doesn't come through. Besides, we could always move Deavin Cox to RB. He looked pretty good at RB in the fall of 04.

The key to the running game(as always) will be getting the OL back to functioning where is it accustom to functioning......only better. Just about everyone in the OL who is coming back, and/or the new guys being plugged in look pretty solid except for RT (as posted above in GK's post). Jeremy Brown got benched toward the end of the year. I hope that that situation has been corrected as he is a 300 pounder. If not, then what happed to Adam Venegas and his strong showing in the fall practices? Venegas showed up in the best shape of all the OL, and then seemed to disappear as the season wore on. What's up with that?

Well need to be looking at how the other lineman have "grown" (physically and emotionally) since last fall. Drew DuBose was listed as 6' 2" X 244, Bryan Glass (who came to us with a lot of praise for his intensity and work ethic) was listed as 6' X 280, and Jack Crumes was listed as 6'4" X 270.

Bryan Glass played both sides of the line while he was in HS. Considering his build, I would give him a look in the DL.

The WR positions are pretty solid. Although, why is it that one of the hardest working and potentially big-play guys is not mentioned..... Zach Muzzy. He'll be coming back for his (hopefully) RS Junior season and I just have a feeling that he's going to be a difference maker this fall.

I'm also curious about what the coaching staff is going to do with Brock Stickler.

I think that Kerona Henderson is a better prospect than using a "H" back. He's a true FB size (6' 225) and he's shown flashes of being a legitimate running threat during last spring, and last fall's practice.  I noticed that he got more playing time at FB as the season wore on. So, that means that he was becoming more effective at FB than James Mitchell.  To me, that's pretty impressive because James Mitchell (like James Brown) is the hardest working player on the team. And a damn fine running back. Has everyone forgotten about James Mithcell's 166 yards in the mud against Arkst. at the end of 04?

So that means that JaMo and James Mitchell will be #1 and #2 going into the spring. I pencil in  Evan Robertson a #3.

I remember when we signed Evan Robertson last spring. I thought "at 5'9" X 160lbs this guy had better be FAST and TOUGH. From what I saw in the fall practices, he seemed to be both. So, if Robertson (#22 on your program) is as good as he showed last fall, then we are in pretty good shape at RB,.....even if JaMo doesn't come through. Besides, we could always move Deavin Cox to RB. He looked pretty good at RB in the fall of 04.

The key to the running game(as always) will be getting the OL back to functioning where is it accustom to functioning......only better.  Just about everyone in the OL who is coming back, and/or the new guys being plugged in look pretty solid except for RT (as posted above in GK's post).  Jeremy Brown got benched toward the end of the year. I hope that that situation has been corrected as he is a 300 pounder. If not, then what happed to Adam Venegas and his strong showing in the fall practices? Venegas showed up in the best shape of all the OL, and then seemed to disappear as the season wore on. What's up with that?

Well need to be looking at how the other lineman have "grown" (physically and emotionally) since last fall. Drew DuBose was listed as 6' 2" X 244, Bryan Glass (who came to us with a lot of praise for his intensity and work ethic) was listed as 6' X 280, and Jack Crumes was listed as 6'4" X 270.

Bryan Glass played both sides of the line while he was in HS. Considering his build, I would give him a look in the DL.

The WR positions are pretty solid. Although, why is it that one of the hardest working and potentially big-play guys is not mentioned..... Zach Muzzy. He'll be coming back for his (hopefully) RS Junior season and I just have a feeling that he's going to be a difference maker this fall.

I'm also curious about what the coaching staff is going to do with Brock Stickler.

This was a great post SilverEagle. I agree with you about Keronna but what I'm really glad is that your not counting J Mitch out. He filled in that fullback spot when there was no one else to do it after Claborn left and did well these past two years. He deserves to be used in the offense one way or the other.

As far as the O-Line goes, they will be better next year. Foster and Lineberry are going to be a combo not to be messed with. Rose is all grown up now and has a little facial hair so look for him to be a clone of Andy Brewster starting next year. He has all the signs of greatness at center including being a tough S.O.B. and playing through pain. I say dont count Venegas or Jeremy Brown out on the other side, but the young guys will probably get a look also. Should be an awesome thing to watch in spring ball.

The TE position should be solid also. We have some pretty good size guys there that are also athletic. I hope that one of them can turn out to be a big play pass catching TE like Blount, which could seriously help a young QB, but if not, at least they are good blockers.

The Wide-outs are so stacked next year that it is insane. JQ is the man! We all know that, he is going to be on the field almost at all times on offense. B Jack is well on his way to take over for JQ after this year as well. Muzzy is going to be around, we just need to find a way to get him the ball. And if I'm not mistaken we have JoEl Nwigwe for another year of leaving burn streaks on the turf.

As far as Brock Stickler, he has more potential than you can imagine. In the recieving corps he is the victim of there being too much talent. He is a great special teams guy and I think that they will find a way to get him the ball eventually. I always thought he could also be a great safety, maybe even a rover linebacker. He is about Graves size.

Anyway, thats about it for now, I'm not even going to say anything about QB until I watch some 500 play scrimmages and make my mind up! GMG!

The offense will go as far as Jamario's legs and the running game can carry it. No holes = no wins. Our depth at RB doesn't look great either, so if he goes down (again), we're done.

I understand the need for a balanced attack. My problem is that we have had exactly two quarterbacks in last 25 years (Scott Davis, Mitch Maher) who were able to run a functional passing game. Both were at the 1-AA level. Scott Hall was fine after the run was established, but he wouldn't have been successful throwing 25 times a game consistently.

I don't see a QB on this roster that will be successful throwing 25 times a game either. The Dickey offense won't be successful in OOC (never has been), but we have proven we can win the Belt with it. I don't see the choice for this season or any other until we recruit a legit throwing QB, and receivers that can hold on to the ball.