Not a cheerleader in sight

greenjoe

Michael man you have to forgive me but I have no idea what you are talking about. Go into names or get mad? What? You think I am mad at someone on an internet chat board? Seriously? How could someone as arrogant as me throw around names on an internet chat board...wouldn't I reserve that for more important folks? How could an arrogant person such as myself stoop beneath themselves and get mad at someone on an internet chat board? These marketing post are not the only contradictions!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael man you have to forgive me but I have no idea what you are talking about.  Go into names or get mad?  What?  You think I am mad at someone on an internet chat board?  Seriously?  How could someone as arrogant as me throw around names on an internet chat board...wouldn't I reserve that for more important folks?  How could an arrogant person such as myself stoop beneath themselves and get mad at someone on an internet chat board?  These marketing post are not the only contradictions!

First when did I call you arrogant? I did call your post self important - but so are the posts of many people on here. You know Paul and Jamie and some others - good for you, they seem like nice dudes.

Second, here are some quotes of you getting mad or name dropping. Nothing big, I am just amused that you have a tendency to slap on a relationship or a name on something every time it comes up - I wouldn't worry too much about what makes me laugh on this board.

"What upset me with you is your whole "the AD doesn't care about basketball" comments."

"since you are concerned about there level of commitment to the basketball program, call Paul or Jamie and VOLUNTEER your time to try and help the athletic department with basketball. they woud love the help. i'm fine with the criticism but don't say they don't care"

"There is a gentleman (Scotty, I believe) who is one of the cheerleading coaches and the lady that is over the cheerleaders is Jenifer Cloutier. Jenifer reports directly to the Director of Marketing, Paul Batchelder but Scotty, Jenifer and Paul could talk to the cheerleaders til they are blue in the face but they have no control over them in the end. Why?"

"Athletics DOES support them financially. How do you think that they paid for all of those t-shirts? They can thank Paul Batchelder for that."

"I am sure that Paul and Jamie would gladly accept any idea that would help North Texas Basketball."

"e-bone is dillusional. he knows it. the guy just loves to argue."

Are you picking fights with me because e-bone is out? As I said, we agree that most people don't know how all this stuff works, but you do seem sensitive or perhaps see yourself as the voice to swoop in take up arms for the AD. Their big boys and girls - they'll handle it.

Really just want to close this little deal between us now because in essence, we both agree - win some games on the floor and the rest will happen, just like it did for football. The Domino's Man knows this too. So this holiday season, ask for the gift of 20 wins and a tournament bid.

Yeah this could be over if you didn't take all of those quotes out of context, throw them on your post (which by the way, I am flattered that you went to that extent) and then acted like this was the Lincoln-Douglas debate. Man...Paul and Brian (excuse me, I mean X and Y) are the only people that work in marketing and promotions. Any moron could go to a website and see that. It's not name dropping. It's common sense. If you are talking about marketing and promotions...you are talking about Jamie and Paul. For the record, in this open public forum, I am not trying to pick a fight with you. Here is why I am even still talking to you about this. One day you send me a pm that says

" Why does most of this board have no idea how athletic departments, fundraising, tickets, promotions, or marketing works?

Just curious since you seem to get it - have a great night!"

and then a week later you say on the board:

" He sounds like a really important guy driving the future of NT all the way from the O.C. . JK SIG, I don't know you, but I am entertained by the level of self importance in a few of your posts and your tendency to name drop that everyone else on this board seems to usually fight."

Come on man...the sad thing is you sent me that PM in response to one of the quotes that you highlighted. Give me a break man. Either way, I am done with this discussion with you but try not to send me any more PM's saying one thing and then come on here and say another.

You do understand how marketing and promotions work - as I've stated in every thread and a PM. You also treat people who disapprove of the department like you are better than them and smarter - as I've also stated. I'm sorry I pissed off the number one supporter of bball ever. You seem to take up the sword of status quo for basketball and fight for the need to change everything about football. It seems like you have a few friends in the AD and admin building you spend most of your time on here sticking up for (based on old posts) yet you call for for disclosure on other things?

Don't be too flattered about the post history, it takes about 4 seconds to look up on this board control panel.

Stupidest thread ever - I should be caned for even being in it.

Seems like an internet chat board got you mad after all....its a christmas miracle.

i think that we did. sorry guys, no more entertainment for you. now that we all know that i am better than all of you and i am actually the chancellor....no more need to argue. i will expect in the future that all my post be treated as the supreme word of gomeangreen.com and michael shall be banned from my kingdom from "henceforth and forever more" (i wonder where i got that from)

i think that we did.  sorry guys, no more entertainment for you.  now that we all know that i am better than all of you and i am actually the chancellor....no more need to argue.  i will expect in the future that all my post be treated as the supreme word of gomeangreen.com and michael shall be banned from my kingdom from "henceforth and forever more"  (i wonder where i got that from)

What ranks higher - the supreme word of gomeangreen.com or the DRC?

And no, we are still together, just staying with our own families for the holidays

Back on topic... I may be totally wrong here, BUT. From what I have heard...

Long story- Short:

The Atheltic dept. usually pays for the cheerleaders to go to the national championship. WELL... In recent years I think RV put a number on how many cheerleaders should be at basketball games or else the AD wouldnt pay for the trip. The cheerleaders were upset by this and figured, if they weren't guaranteed a trip to the NC, then why should they guarantee showing up to BB games. It kind of sounds like the cheerleaders didn't think they could get that many folks there for the games and they knew it. So just give up...

Now, I understand that cheerleaders have their own jobs and such too. But if you are expecting a trip somewhere, and expecting someone else to pay for it. Shouldn't you do something in return? Kind of like a job, huh? But this job requires you to go to your own schools basketball games. Sounds like a fun job to me. Otherwise, pay your own way, don't come to the games at all, and don't put the North Texas letters on the front of your uniform when you compete in the NC.

This is how I understand this issue. I could be wrong, but... I doubt it.

The Atheltic dept. usually pays for the cheerleaders to go to the national championship. WELL... In recent years I think RV put a number on how many cheerleaders should be at basketball games or else the AD wouldnt pay for the trip.

I just wish that MeanMag wouldn't come on here and throw initials around. Very self-serving post MeanMag, very self-serving

Well, cheerleader's aren't supposed to be shy. If they don't have the b@lls to go out there and cheer when no one else does, they're not really that good a cheerleader. If I were that guy (impossible since I'm a girl), I would have gone and talked to the Dancers about what I could do to work with them. But that's just me.

Take a proactive approach for once instead of being reactive. I understand crappy coaches and being to the point you just can't take it anymore. And I don't have a problem having a cheerleading team for competitions and football games (although they're worthless at the games and have no idea what's going on - you don't try to get the crowd to stand up and scream when we're on offense). I still think we should move to Dancers only at the basketball games (what many pro and college teams already do) and have an additional group (kinda like the Mavs Men) who come out and do other things.

I do like the kids racing around the court putting on jerseys - it's kinda funny. But other promotions, such as during the tournament last year when we had Mavs Man and Scrappy chasing down the cheerleaders with silly string, and surprising groups of fans with string and then running around crazy, that was funny. I know it's expensive, but similiar promotions could be used that would still make the games more entertaining.

Just my .02.

I honestly don't think you would, if you were that guy. But, you're not. I don't think he is the one we should be criticizing. I would be bummed if I was the only one that showed up. I applaud him for staying there and watching. What do you think he was feeling? Probably pretty embarassed when the rest of his team hung him out to dry. He depends on more than just himself.

I just wish that MeanMag wouldn't come on here and throw initials around.  Very self-serving post MeanMag, very self-serving

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. But, I assume you are talking about my use of RV. Sooo, maybe it wasn't RV, maybe it was. But it had to have been someone in the Athletic Dept.

And since I am privledged to know the atheltic director's name, I know something you don't tongue.gif And that makes me better than you. biggrin.gif

Edited by MeanMag

Actually Mean Mag you are wrong. The story goes like this. There was never a quota set on how many cheerleader should be at a game and then we would go to nationals. What happened was the AD stopped paying for the trip altogether and said if you want to go, find a way to get there. And actually if you want to get technical about everything, the AD funds the cheerleaders very little. The leadership over the cheerleaders comes from the AD but the money comes from the student services fee that all students pay. So in reality if money were the cause of leadership, the person over the cheerleaders would be Dr. Bonita Jacobs, VP for Student Development. If you really wanna go over my theory for why cheerleaders don't go to the basketball game, let me know and I will send you my dissertation. rolleyes.gif

What really happened is that once the Athletic Department (AD) said that we had to switch companies from NCA to UCA they stopped paying for the trip to Nationals. Since then they had said that we are allowed to return to NCA nationals but they still refuse to fund it, even partially. Pretty much the AD doesn't care about having cheerleaders, they just want someone to be at the games with a uniform on. RV is not going to do anything until it becomes consistent that people with uniforms aren't on the sidelines.

Am I saying that the current cheerleaders aren't responsible for coming to the games? Absolutely not, if they are on the squad they should show up for the games they signed up to do, if they feel they can no longer do that, then they should quit. My only problem is that if you want cheerleaders on the sidelines and you place them under the athletic department then treat them like athletes. Don't give them a second rate coach, empty promises, and a AD that doesn't care about having athletes, just people on the sidelines in uniform.

Actually Mean Mag you are wrong.  The story goes like this.  There was never a quota set on how many cheerleader should be at a game and then we would go to nationals.  What happened was the AD stopped paying for the trip altogether and said if you want to go, find a way to get there.  And actually if you want to get technical about everything, the AD funds the cheerleaders very little.  The leadership over the cheerleaders comes from the AD but the money comes from the student services fee that all students pay.  So in reality if money were the cause of leadership, the person over the cheerleaders would be Dr. Bonita Jacobs, VP for Student Development.  If you really wanna go over my theory for why cheerleaders don't go to the basketball game, let me know and I will send you my dissertation.  rolleyes.gif

What really happened is that once the Athletic Department (AD) said that we had to switch companies from NCA to UCA they stopped paying for the trip to Nationals.  Since then they had said that we are allowed to return to NCA nationals but they still refuse to fund it, even partially.  Pretty much the AD doesn't care about having cheerleaders, they just want someone to be at the games with a uniform on.  RV is not going to do anything until it becomes consistent that people with uniforms aren't on the sidelines.

Am I saying that the current cheerleaders aren't responsible for coming to the games?  Absolutely not, if they are on the squad they should show up for the games they signed up to do, if they feel they can no longer do that, then they should quit.  My only problem is that if you want cheerleaders on the sidelines and you place them under the athletic department then treat them like athletes.  Don't give them a second rate coach, empty promises, and a AD that doesn't care about having athletes, just people on the sidelines in uniform.

Do the dancers fall under different funding? They seem more spirited and are at more games. It should be about cheering for your school first, not show me the money first.

Slightly off the discussion, but the dancers are always excellent tongue.gif

I too love our Dance Team. Their performances at basketball and football games are always excellent.

I was so proud of those young ladies when they collectively took the stage and performed a few routines at the Utopia Club in New Orleans before the New Orleans Bowl in 2004. They looked smokin' hot doing those routines in their street clothes, and the North Texas and Southern Miss fans at the party were incredibly impressed.

For those of you that weren't there, yes, the show was THAT good.

In summary:

The cheerleaders don't cheer, the dancers are hot, the dancers are always there, the cheerleaders aren't, the majority loves the dancers and are frustrated with the cheerleaders and COGreen has written his doctorial disertation on the whole screwed-up mess.

Conclusion:

Cheerleaders should cheer no matter what organization they belong to and who pays the bills. They are cheerleaders for North Texas first and to compete second.

Dancers: Hot and we all love them.

Well said lifer. I believe that that does sum it up pretty well.

I would also like to state that I was very proud of our cheerleading crew when they were competing and winning all the national accolades. Winning multiple national championships on national television certainly reflects well on the university.

I wish there could be a happy medium found where the cheerleaders could still fill all their obligations at the football and basketball games, and also be supported to be competitive in the national competitions.

And yes, the Dancers are Hot and we all love them.

ps - Jennifer Cloutier does a wonderful job with the Dance Team.