Wonder how some schools are getting their talent?

LongJim

Wow.  blink.gif  I can't believe an SEC team like Tennessee would bend the rules like that...

Tennessee was the only one to actively investigate, or to even question it. The Sun Belt's own FIU also "bent the rules." So did Temple. Unfortunately, this isn't bending the rules per the NCAA, but a loophole. It's a shame, but hopefully this will help shut down some more diploma mills. I guess I'm the old-fashioned type who thinks you need to be able to get through high school in order to play for a colege, not to mention the disservice it does to kids when they get to college, aren't able to make the grades, get declared academically ineligible, and lose the scholarship that University High "helped" them to get.

After reading that article, I need a shower. It just gets worse and worse.

Where are the parents?

How many times can we use that question in relation to a news story in the US? It's sad what happens when parents flunk at raising their children, in any situation.

I am sure the parents were right beside them with $$$$ in the eyes if their kid can get into a big BCS school then get into the NFL.

My point exactly. It is sad how these parents allow this to happen to their kids without thinking about the long term ramifications.

I am glad that somebody else read this article in the NYTimes. It's another sign that the Coaches are corrupting our educational institutions, and now it's reaching down to the secondary level.

Coaches are corrupting our educational institutions? How did you come to that conclusion?

DON'T READ HIS POSTS, HE'S CLEVERLY HIDDEN SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES TO CONTROL YOUR MINDS!

HE'S INSIDE YOUR BRAINS! TREPAN YOURSELVES NOW TO LET THE DEMON COACH OUT!

And Ithought it was money that was corrupting the great game of college football.

I'm just pissed I'm apparently being left out of the great coach conspiracy to corrupt educational institutions.  It sounds like fun.