The Truth About Tortilla-Gate

FirefightnRick

The best I could do was shout verbal abuse at "Mr. T" and a couple of cops during the hassling of Rick. My wife had a firm hold on me and was giving me the "look". I did manage to recycle a few tortillas that made it to my seat, but I smuggled none into the stadium. I have been historically neutral on the tortilla thing but find it to be harmless fun.

The CSC Gestapo need to be replaced at once; their stupidity sparked a near-riot. That is not an exaggeration, emotions were running very high in Section E. If "Mr.T" is at the top of the steps again on the 19th, I will not hesitate to remind him what a P___K (rhymes with "brick") he STILL is.

The CSC Gestapo need to be replaced at once; their stupidity sparked a near-riot. That is not an exaggeration, emotions were running very high in Section E. If "Mr.T" is at the top of the steps again on the 19th, I will not hesitate to remind him what a P___K (rhymes with "brick") he STILL is.

I appreciate the support MBA. But just to remind everyone, as this thread has some mileage on it now and my first post in it was Plummish, the taller (Mr. T) security guard truly did only what he was instructed to do from the bald CSC employee down below. The taller employee directly stated to me, and everyone in my area heard him say, that "HIS" supervisor had just told him that I was throwing the torts and that I threw them onto the field. This was a complete fabrication, an outright lie. So personally I don't blame the taller employee at all, he seemed very confused after he came back and didn't know what to do next after realizing he didn't know where the package he told me to get rid of, went. In hindsight, he made a mistake by not simply confiscating them after I clearly tried to hand them to him.

The entire chaos was created by the employee down below at the gate, plain and simple. He is the one that should be held responsible for it all. I gathered from PD after I cleared the situation up with them that they were more than unhappy with how the situation was created and mishandled by the CSC staff. Thus the reason they insisted that I not only go back to watching the game, but to go back to my own seat after I volunteered to watch the remainder of the game at the Mean Green Club deck in order to eliminate any further problems for the night between the fans and the CSC staff. And before I left I made it very clear to them who the blame was to be placed on. Whether anything will occur from it I have no idea?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I did not know about the FFR-gate or OC-Yelling gate... until reading it here. But, I did see that bald steroid looking yellow dude walking on the field... and I told myself - "man, that guy looks like one big jerk looking for a fight." He had such an attitude that I made that observation from 100 yards... hmmm....

Also, any one have a problem getting into the stadium with their season tickets? They would not "scan"... many other tickets did not as well, maybe I need to stay home next time. Do you pay for season tickets so you can be sent to the ticket office to wait for them to fix their computer problems? Just wondering if it was limited to us dozen or so I saw with the same issue?

Edited by gruu

I hope the recruits are reading all this....Nobody in their right mind would want to play for a team that their fans have nothing better to do than spend half a quarter running around in the stands rehashing the actions of some poorly trained guy making minimum wage.

I personally missed a nice catch by Jackson #49 because a fan came up from the lower section to give his take on the whole situation. At that point I could have cared less.

The administration seemed to be taking care of it and they didn't need 30 fans coming up and putting in their two cents.

At what point did this board totally lose it's focus?

sheesh......

Edited by Evan

I hope the recruits are reading all this....Nobody in their right mind would want to play for a team that their fans have nothing better to do than spend half a quarter running around in the stands rehashing the actions of some poorly trained guy making minimum wage.

I personally missed a nice catch by Jackson #49 because a fan came up from the lower section to give his take on the whole situation. At that point I could have cared less.

The administration seemed to be taking care of it and they didn't need 30 fans coming up and putting in their two cents.

sheesh......

Man I did not know this was a recruiting board, but now you told me.

But then again you maybe you could start a thread you want to talk about instead Hijacking one you don't like.

sheesh......

"SARCASM ALERT"....

I'd much rather have our recuruits playing in front of 5,000 people sitting on their hands like 1999 or like it was at the final game in 2000 with around 1,000 total.

Truthfully though, I certainly didn't mean for what happened to me to cause anyone to miss out on that final on-the-edge-of-your-seat excitement of the 1st half with ULL going up on us 21-7. Everyone I have been able to bring to the game has already decided to go to the deer lease for homecoming on the 19th, so give it time. We should be back to our normal, apathetic ways soon.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Also, any one have a problem getting into the stadium with their season tickets? They would not "scan"... many other tickets did not as well, maybe I need to stay home next time. Do you pay for season tickets so you can be sent to the ticket office to wait for them to fix their computer problems? Just wondering if it was limited to us dozen or so I saw with the same issue?

No, it happened to many people, including to some of our own staff's guests and VIP's. I'm thinking it had something to do with the change in our schedule this year. It shouldn't be an ongoing problem after this year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick