Halftime incident w/the coaching staff

vpackrats

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UCLA is 8 - 1 in spite of their porous defense, not because of it.

Total Defense

96 UCLA 9 652 3839 5.89 34 426.56 8 1 0

97 Western Mich. 9 699 3855 5.52 38 428.33 6 3 0

98 Air Force 10 691 4325 6.26 41 432.50 3 7 0

99 Kent St. 9 720 3894 5.41 37 432.67 1 8 0

100 Hawaii 9 637 3896 6.12 45 432.89 3 6 0

101 Memphis 8 579 3477 6.01 24 434.63 4 4 0

102 Wisconsin 10 737 4354 5.91 32 435.40 8 2 0

103 Stanford 8 601 3521 5.86 35 440.13 4 4 0

104 Kentucky 8 597 3555 5.95 34 444.38 2 6 0

105 Texas A&M 9 675 4037 5.98 33 448.56 5 4 0

106 North Texas 8 560 3604 6.44 33 450.50 2 6 0

Yup they are not that great, but I would think their competition is a little stronger and tries harder.

But Gary DeLoach is not the Defensive Coordinator.

They list him like this, "Gary DeLoach begins his third season at UCLA after joining the Bruin staff in January of 2003. In his first two seasons, DeLoach coached both the safeties and cornerbacks. In 2005, he will focus on working with the cornerbacks and supervise the overall defensive secondary. "

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I couldn't come in for this game, but got to watch it on ESPN GamePlan. Appreciate the information on the board about this incident. These duds come out and lay a stinker first half in front of the already frustrated home fans and aren't prepared to take some heat?

Every time they showed Dickey on TV he was doing absolutely nothing, not even talking on the headset. Is that thing plugged in?

That funny SLU offense should have been good for one drive.

I'm not going for any more of this puke. When the school shows they expect something big within the next couple years, not the next couple centuries, then I'll take interest.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

It's to late just checked out the Dallas Morning News website and saw that they had a little blurb about the incident.

I expect it will make the front page of the 'National Enquirer'.

Flannigan should be fired.... this is pathetic.

...Especially on the heels of what I felt was a pretty heroic performance by the O this week. I really thought they played better than they have all season - It's a shame a good performance has to be tarnished by this type of tripe.

Really disappointed in RV's comment or lack thereof.

I'm not disappointed at this point. There will still need to be some investigations done. I wouldn't want my boss to throw me under the bus without a full investigation. It's still just a day or two removed.

That being said, anyone who was close to the situation would probably agree at a minimum a suspension is due and very borderline termination. RF lost control of himself and almost caused a huge fight. I never heard what SilverEagle said, but I knew it couldn't have warranted the response. That situation was unacceptable.

Edited by Green92

I am very disappointed in this incident. coaches should be held to a higher standard and some disciplinary action must be taken. having said that the obnoxious fan (who I know is on this board) should be barred from the games for the rest of the season. I think it is a shame that people think that they can say whatever they want when they are separated by the little wall between the feild and the seats. I also think that everyone else who heckeled him in what I am sure was a build up is equally as annoying. and for those of you who are saying "whats wrong with saying we are being outcoached?" you know GD well what is wrong with that. quit acting like you dont.

I am very disappointed in this incident. coaches should be held to a higher standard and some disciplinary action must be taken. having said that the obnoxious fan (who I know is on this board) should be barred from the games for the rest of the season. I think it is  a shame that people think that they can say whatever they want when they are separated by the little wall between the feild and the seats. I also think that everyone else who heckeled him in  what I am sure was a build up is equally as annoying. and for those of you who are saying "whats wrong with saying we are being outcoached?" you know GD well what is wrong with that. quit acting like you dont.

I think you're talking about two separate incidents and people. The heckling going on from near the press box for the earlier part of the game was not the same person who said, "You're being outcoached." I see nothing inflamatory nor inappropriate about that comment. It's an opinion of a fan. RF didn't even need to comment on it - all he had to do was ignore it, or if he felt it deserved a response, say, "We need to make some adjustments." or something along those lines. I understand RF was frustrated with perhaps the ULaLa defense, lackluster performance, an injured running back, and a horrible season. But just because postal workers don't get any respect and people get annoyed with long lines at the post office and the ever-increasing cost of stamps, does that give them the right to go out and shoot people? And should those people who complain while standing in line at the post office have their postal priviledges revoked? You have to be responsible for your actions. Period.

Although I do not agree with the way in which Ramon responded to the man in the stands I also don't agree with what the man in the stands did. What response was he expecting to get? Nothing? Why say it if he was expecting nothing to happen. I believe this was the same man that congratulated the opposing teams coaches on what a great job they were doing as they departed the stadium, prior to his comments to Ramon. There are no heros here and absolutley nothing to be proud of on either side of the argument.

What response was he expecting to get? Nothing?

Yes

I believe this was the same man that congratulated the opposing teams coaches on what a great job they were doing as they departed the stadium, prior to his comments to Ramon

I've done this before as well. What's wrong with congratulating visitors from another school?

Rick

What Ramon did was inexcusable. Telling a coach he is getting out coached is part of the job. I get it coaching 12 year old girls soccer. You can't say there is no bad guy here. RF borderline assaulted a fan. If he actually touched him then it is assault. He was screaming in his face pointing his finger. Make excuses all you want, but there is no excuse. RF lost all sense of what is right and wrong and attacked a fan.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with congratulating vistors from another school. These were the coaches from the opposing team heading into the locker room at half time leading the game being congratulated by a man who was with a large group of people that had spent the last 2 minutes of the game boo-ing while the offense was on the field. I am sure the coaches didn't have a clue about your situation, they were focused on the football field and like the boys, all they heard was boo-ing.

What Ramon did was inexcusable.  Telling a coach he is getting out coached is part of the job.  I get it coaching 12 year old girls soccer.  You can't say there is no bad guy here.  RF borderline assaulted a fan.  If he actually touched him then it is assault.  He was screaming in his face pointing his finger.    Make excuses all you want, but there is no excuse.  RF lost all sense of what is right and wrong and attacked a fan.

Emmitt or another law-type person can correct me if I'm wrong, but assault is the threat of attack, and battery is actually attacking. So if RF really did appear to go after the fan (and since he had to be restrained, I'm assuming he would have) he did commit assault. If he'd actually hit the fan, it would have been battery. Semantics aside, you're correct about it being an absolutely unexcusable reaction.

I have tried to talk to RF on many occasions and he is a real hard guy to like.

That being said, buying a ticket does not give you the right to be an a**hole to our coaches. What give that guy the right to say anything to our coaches? Does he know the blocking schemes? Does he know what kind of defense U-La-La was in? Has he ever coached at any professional level? Has he worked out with our kids at all?

How would each of you like it if someone came to your job and yelled at you?

We should support our coaches during the season and especially when things are not going well. Comments such as those made during the game will not help and are better left for the offseason.

RF was waaaaaay out of line, but the fans really should leave the coaches alone during the game.

And, when will we get a real stadium so that our coaches don't have to go through the crowd.

Guest JohnDenver

Seriously, what is wrong with congratulating the coaches of the other school? The worst thing that can happen is coming off as sarcastic and offending them ...

What would I expect from telling an employee (whom I am paying with my ticket/donation and jersey sales) that I expect more from them? For them to take it seriously and go into the locker room and use it to fire himself/team/staff up.

It isn't like SilverEagle yelled at him while he was shopping for onions at Albertsons.

What Ramon did was inexcusable.  Telling a coach he is getting out coached is part of the job.  I get it coaching 12 year old girls soccer.  You can't say there is no bad guy here.  RF borderline assaulted a fan.  If he actually touched him then it is assault.  He was screaming in his face pointing his finger.    Make excuses all you want, but there is no excuse.  RF lost all sense of what is right and wrong and attacked a fan.

I never said there were no bad guys, I said there are no heros. Ramon was wrong no question about it but I want agree that the fan bears no responsibility in this and has the right to say whatever he wants, because ?????????

Guest JohnDenver

How would each of you like it if someone came to your job and yelled at you?

We should support our coaches during the season and especially when things are not going well.  Comments such as those made during the game will not help and are better left for the offseason.

Happens all the time to almost EVERY type of work.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5077726.html

Oh Noez! Someone thinks my telephones suck... I guess I have some work to do. I work for the 600 lb gorilla of the networking world. We take heat at conventions and trade shows. We take heat in emails. We have customers expect the world but get only a phone. It is part of the freakin' job and we all know it. We don't yell at a person who has something negative to say.

Have they ever engineered a phone? no. But they have used them plenty of times to know they SHOULD basically operate.