What was your degree?

HoustonEagle

BBA - Admin. Management, but never used it.

Air Traffic Controller for 25 years now; got into it thru the Co-op program at NT so school did pay off.

I learned to fly between my Strategic Management Degree and my BCIS degree while at North Texas.

Three other UNT Alumni and I bought four L-29 Delfins from Bulagria about two years ago. We just finished our frist one.

user posted image

We keep them at Lancaster.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my BBA in Strategic Management in '98.

I am an IT Project Manager mainly managing ERP (Business Systems) projects.

Actually, I got a Management Consultant job right out of college and my degree directly translated to that...

B.S. Counseling Education

M.S. Rehab. Counseling

2 years in the field. Currently trying to get into photgraphy.

Husband:

started in bus. admin but switched after 3 years.

B.A. RTVF

worked for an internet start up in the 90's. Currently does contract work (computers and internet) when he's not working on the university's toys (bell, model A, cannon, etc).

B.S. Degree in Physics

Working in the auotomitve manufacturing industry here in the mid-west.

Worked as a Test Engineer for a global automotive brake system supplier for 4 years.

Now I handle all contract negotiations between my company and Toyota Motor Mfg. North America.

My company has supplied mass production automobile parts to Toyota (assembly plants) since the 1950's.

My NT degree has served me very well in my career and I have easily made 15 times what I paid for my degree.

Major: Biology

Minor: Chemistry

German

Occupation: Technical Writer for an educational software company.

Also, currently working on my Masters in Technical Writing from North Texas. In case you didn't know, North Texas has one of the top Technical Writing programs in the country and focuses almost entirely on real-world experience. Just something else about NT for you to be proud of. smile.gif

Husband:

B.B.A in Marketing

Currently working at Best Buy doing retail. He's thinking of going back to get his teacher certificate to teach HS Government and Economics.

Edited by untgirl04

Me:

B.A. RTVF '74

Minor in Journalism

from radio news to cable tv to advertising to reference librarian,

with a couple of strange detours thrown in along the way

Daughter:

B.A. History '05

Minor in Women's Studies

working part-time and looking for a "real" job

any suggestions/referrals?

Edited by NTEdgex2

BBA in General Buisness after a brief period as a bcis makor and a entrepenurship major

BCIS major ended due to credit issues and class order issues

Entrepenurship ended due to fact of submitting my buisness plan and financials for a project and being told that it was not realistic

Currently running my own company, the forementioned one, which I have been doing since my senior year of high school. Live Sound, Automation, Access Control, Security, Telecom, Networking, Media Rooms, conference Centers, System Design

Wife

BA Speech and Hearing Sciences

MA speech Language Pathology

Currently Lead Speech Patholigist Boone Elementary Allen ISD & A Speech Pathologist Associate at a leading DFW Private Clinic

BFA in Communication Design (translates as Graphic Design/Art Direction)

Minor in Advertising (Journalism Department)

Graduated December 2000

I work as a full-time Web designer for Employee and Campus Services at UT Austin. Currently assigned seven Web sites that all need a redesign for aesthetic and accessibility reasons. My coworker is also a UNT graduate.

After hours, I do freelance graphic and Web design by word of mouth.

After those hours, I am trying to get into grad school for Information Architecture at UT’s School of Information. I get three hours free tuition each semester.

I’m very happy with my job, salary, and living in Austin.