Will We Win the SUNBELT?

yyz28

Our offense has NOT played well, even against SBC opponent MTSU. I don't know why anyone thinks our offense will play well against other SBC teams. MTSU moved the ball very well against our defense also. I just don't see us getting 5 turnovers to none in the rest of our SBC games. I do think the rest of our games are going to be a lot more challenging than some people may realize.

Since the Sun Belt is such a weak conference, I say that we will still pull it off. Arkansas State and Troy look to be big contenders. We get both of them at home this season, but then I think after last night, "Is that really a good thing?" I voted yes, but we could stil go 4-7 too. There are so many inconsistencies that I really don't know what to expect. There are many teams in the top I-AA conferences like the Atlantic Ten and the Southland that could seriously compete in the SBC. One thing is for sure, I am no longer satisfied with just a NO Bowl appearance. If we ever want to join say Conference USA, we have to start being a lot more competitive OOC.

There are many teams in the top I-AA conferences like the Atlantic Ten and the Southland that could seriously compete in the SBC.

Actually, the Atlantic 10 folded during the summer and the Colonial League picked up most, if not all, of their members. But I see what you mean. It's scary to think that a school called William & Mary could kick the collective @sses out of every member of the Sun Belt, but they've looked better against 1-A competition than any of the Sun Belt teams have.

Edited by BlueRaiderPride

Why does everyone do this on this board? We lose these OOC games, and everone starts freaking out about how there is just now way our team can win the conf. LOOK AT THE TEAMS IN THE BELT. We played the second best team MUTS, and beat them there 14-7, and the turn right around this week and lose to AKRON of all people.

We get ASU and Troy at home. Once we get a couple of more games under our belts, we will fine in conf. Remember, this was only our second game of the season.

What if we do win the Sun Belt... will that make anyone feel better about the future of this program???

The problem with only being the best team in the Sun Belt is that it is like being the smartest kid in a special ed class or winning the special olympics. Even if you're the best you're still retarded.

Edited by GreenEddieNT

One thing is for sure, I am no longer satisfied with just a NO Bowl appearance.  If we ever want to join say Conference USA, we have to start being a lot more competitive OOC.

I'm with you. If our only goal in life is to continue to win the 'Belt, only to lose the NO bowl and just about every winnable OOC game we play, then we have no real ambition to better ourselves for a better conference.

Yes we will win, and just like the past few years, the wins will help us more than hurt us.

Yes, we're not in the most desirable conference, but at least we're at the top of it. I think the crowd last night is a direct result of us WINNING in the past.

Stay on top of the SBC, and we will continue that trend. It's then up to our coaching, etc. to bring us to the next level (aka: winning OOC games).

Come on guys... chin up

Edited by untangel4

Stay on top of the SBC, and we will continue that trend.  It's then up to our coaching, etc. to bring us to the next level (aka: winning OOC games).

Come on guys... chin up

I think most people here believe that has been the problem the last 3 years. This team has plateaud since the NO Bowl victory over the 'Cats. sad.gif

I have great plan to ensure that we will all be happy, lets just forfeit all of our OCC, since they do not matter to anyone but the fans, this will cause less stress and chances for injuries, all the while DD can focus all of his abilities on beating the Sun Belt teams and being name coach of the year for upteenth time.

Saves athletics $$$$ on travel and the fans the usual 4-5 heartbreaks a year.

I say we go for it. cool.gif

I have great plan to ensure that we will all be happy, lets just forfeit all of our OCC, since they do not matter to anyone but the fans, this will cause less stress and chances for injuries, all the while DD can focus all of his abilities on beating the Sun Belt teams and being name coach of the year for upteenth time.

Saves athletics $$$$ on travel and the fans the usual 4-5 heartbreaks a year.

I say we go for it. cool.gif

They should also quit asking fans to show up for OOC games if they're not going to be showing up either.