Multiple mailings

SUMG

I received two of the Fan Guides in the mail today. Also, for some reason I now receive 3 North Texans every quarter. (And I know of another fan who received two Fan Guides).

I hate that our university and Ath. Department waste money like that.

I'm no computer guy. But couldn't there be some kind of cross checking thing put into the system.....whereby only one mailing would be sent to one particular address?

just wondering

Edited by SUMG

We have had that problem for years and years. I was concerned about it in the 80's but was told by the 'computer types' that the cost of doing the cross checking far outweighed the actual cost of the duplications. In other words, the computer people would charge us more to fix the problem than it cost us for the duplication. Frustrating then and now.

I got 3 and you cant even get one, I see a problem here wink.gif

So far, I have none. wink.gif {SUMG, I think you have MINE}! LOL!

I did print the entire 2005 NT Mean Green Fan Guide from the official site, though, as anyone else with a printer can do. Then I took the publication to a Starbucks, read it and "accidently"}:>) left it there where I guess someone else picked it up and browsed through it. Hopefully that someone was a future JUCO All Amercian, maybe one of our 2006 Texas Friday Night Heros "OR" a new NT Mean Green Club member and a 2005 NT football season tickets buyer).

Someone have that Fan Guide link for our fans who have not received it yet? I am sure they would be grateful to get it so they can print their own, too.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I can't get them to send me a Fan Guide. I have sent 3 emails and nothing as of yet.

Patience. I just received mine on Saturday. (Post mark reads that it was metered on July 22)

From the looks of it rather than using a mail house the University mails the fan guide themselves. If they are they may wish to rethink the process. A mail house could save mucho time and money and solve the multiple mailing issue not to mention all of the guides would drop on the same day rather than shipping through a couple of weeks. Also they mailed these things first class. Considering the "Priority" deadline was July 15 and my guide didn't ship until the 22nd they could have saved serious dollars by shipping 2nd or 3rd class.

Once again, Plummmeangreen has an excellent idea. I have received 2 Fan Guides SINCE I purchased my tickets and made my donation. I threw mine away. Next time I'll take the extras to a watering hole and spread the good news.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

What list do they use to send out the fan guides? I bought season tickets again and renewed my MGC membership, but have not received a guide. I did look at it online, but I want a nice printed one!

GMG!