MGSports.com's NT gear supply update

Just in case anyone missed the official notice <_<, I emailed the guy in charge of Athlete Tech out of Lenexa Kansas, the company that meangreensports.com is using for fan gear supply. I asked him if and when their stuff will be updated to the new color and logos and when their replica jersey's would be updated to the new look for the upcoming season.

His reply:

By the end of July new scheme and jerseys will be offered.

Please let other North Texas fans know...we really appreciate it.

Jim Vader

NT gear by Athlete Tech

Rick

This is the same guy who would not answer or return phone calls on deliveries during the Christmas holidays. He promised me delivery before Christmas and only came through quite some time in late January. I had ordered two of my kids jerseys for a present. I called him in early December because my 8 year son request Jamo's number and he said it was too late in the process. I probably got the jersey (not with the number requested) about 8-9 weeks later. I cannot believe he could not make the change. He just did not want to provide the service. There was a past thread on this guy's lack of service and professionalism. mad.gif

What I am going to say is by no means pointed at anyone today and I cannot be anymore sincere in saying that, but thru the decades most alums I've seen (and admired considering who they were up against) try to do business-related things concerning our alma mater usually went away pissed and disappointed. On the other side of the coin, I've most always purchased items thru the decades from those who worked outside of NT in doing such projects.

SUMG might back me up on that because he and I knew 2 specifically in the 70's who tried to do some things of a sports gear nature with NT, got burn't and subsequently got so pissed at NT they quit supporting the school, but they finally came back to the fold.

Perhaps this a good rule of thumb concerning NT as far as alums go? NORTH TEXAS: The toy department of each of ours department store of life? Just my .02 on this subject....

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• 3 weeks later...

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that average Joe Fan isn't interested in most of this type of stuff.  Football Unis, Yes.  Compression gear ... :unsure:

But what if some of the vertically challenged alums on this board find it as their life calling to impersonate the Michelin Man. This Compression Gear could certainly come in handy for them.

user posted image