"Beat the BCS in Baton Rouge Sept. 3rd!!!"

LSU has a full cupboard of returning "Big Timers" and First Year Coach Les Miles. They have it all going on in BR....but they shoulda picked us to play last year when we couldn't buy and OOC win. No gameplan, no nothing. But, folks, times are different...we got two "Big Guns" at running back.... and that's not all. The memo has been sent to Coach Dickey. He has received it. Beginning the first game, he "has" to play to "WIN!"

Sooooo....watch out Tigers. We know you got some speed on both sides of the ball...but you'll have to stop us at the line of scrimmage because if either Super Jamario Thomas or the "Emerald Express" (Patrick Cobbs) gets past the defensive line, they're gone! Book it, Dano!

Sooo,,who's with me? GO! MEAN GREEN! it's time for a ROAD TRIP in early September!!!!!!

Anybody catch Sports Center this morning? Specifically the part where they talked about the 5 programs with the greatest chance of winning a national championship this year? Guess who was listed at #3?

To paraphrase: "Even with Les Miles laid back style, Saban left LSU SO talent rich, he should have no problem winning. With the speed at tailback, great receivers and fantastic D all LSU really needs is for their quarterback to be serviceable and they win the SEC."

I'm going to Baton Rouge for this game but I think I'll be about as happy about it as I was in Austin last year.

Heard Dave Campbell on the radio the other day, he stated that he had talked to pro scout that had viewed alot of teams during spring training and that without a doubt LSU had looked the best.

Anybody catch Sports Center this morning?  Specifically the part where they talked about the 5 programs with the greatest chance of winning a national championship this year?  Guess who was listed at #3? 

To paraphrase:  "Even with Les Miles laid back style, Saban left LSU SO talent rich, he should have no problem winning.  With the speed at tailback, great receivers and fantastic D all LSU really needs is for their quarterback to be serviceable and they win the SEC."

I'm going to Baton Rouge for this game but I think I'll be about as happy about it as I was in Austin last year.

Ohhh...I thought NT was one of the five for a second there! tongue.gif

I was in BR last time and I'm going to do my best to be down there again this year. I think that a bunch of people are going to be surprised by the lack of holes in the Green this year. If the QB position works out OK, I think that our offense is going to be really impressive, and I also believe that the defensive line is going to be better than most people expect. I'm tired of predicting our future OOC performance based on past behavior. We're about due for a change.

Does anybody remember the analysis of teh secondary during spring drills? I seem to recall, whomever it was, saying that the dbs were MUCH quicker to the ball than last year.

If they're going to show significant improvement, and I am thinking they will, then things will be "better" than a lot of you are making it out to be. I'm not getting dilusional about our BR trip, but I'm over the UT game and ready to wear my green goggles once again!

-gm

• 2 years later...

LSU has a full cupboard of returning "Big Timers" and First Year Coach Les Miles. They have it all going on in BR....but they shoulda picked us to play last year when we couldn't buy and OOC win. No gameplan, no nothing. But, folks, times are different...we got two "Big Guns" at running back.... and that's not all. The memo has been sent to Coach Dickey. He has received it. Beginning the first game, he "has" to play to "WIN!"

Sooooo....watch out Tigers. We know you got some speed on both sides of the ball...but you'll have to stop us at the line of scrimmage because if either Super Jamario Thomas or the "Emerald Express" (Patrick Cobbs) gets past the defensive line, they're gone! Book it, Dano!

Sooo,,who's with me? GO! MEAN GREEN! it's time for a ROAD TRIP in early September!!!!!!

Dear sir, where are you? I miss you. You were the green on my goggles, and I can never have enough of that.

Here's a little known fact:

This thread caused Katrina.

Indeed. And Rodge was preparing to run routes as a sophomore receiver in Todge's offense. It'd be cool if he puked on his way to a touchdown catch. Who knows, maybe Riley as receiver caused the hurricane which somehow played into Vizza committing to NT, WW deciding grades were important, Dodge2007 joining the board, and closed scrimmages.

As author of this thread GGII, I have decided to blame you. I demand an explanation for this Mean Green chaos.