Worst NT Mean Green FB Promo Idea Ever!

And the promo is called...............................MEAN GREEN-OUT ! ! !

Lets "Mean Green-Out" (or should it just be....."Green-Out"?) the NT Student Side of Fouts!

A COMING OUT PARTY FOR OUR NEW SHADE OF GREEN: This September 17'th, the 1'st 5,000 NT students going thru the turnstiles get a free (new shade of green) NT Mean Green t-shirt to put on for our home season opener against Coach Steve Kragthorpe's Tulsa University Golden Hurricane team. Coach "K" is an ex NT assistant coach who once dissed our school after he left it---further info on that closer to Game Day).smile.gif

<>*<> Go to AD's office to change shirts if you must! blink.gif OR.....wear the new t-shirt over what you have on OR just change into the new "GREEN-OUT" t-shirt inside the stadium...............fellas! rolleyes.gif

(Now, I wonder how much 5,000 kelly green T-shirts would cost our school to budget either thru athletics or the NT president's discretionary fund)? ohmy.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

(Now, I wonder how much 5,000 kelly green T-shirts would cost our school to budget either thru athletics or the NT president's discretionary fund)? ohmy.gif

Should I have added: "The NT Branding Committee Fund" for the 5,000 t-shirts so NT athletics could assist them in getting the "new look" green out to the masses on September 17'th? rolleyes.gif

ADDENDUM: Can someone find a link photo of the Baylor student section all dressed out in their gold (yellow) t-shirts? Very impressive looking in their student section all dressed alike and am very glad the BU'ers realize that green is the primary color of: THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS! tongue.gif

ADDENDUM II: Double usage of this t-shirt in 2005...

On the "Green-Out" t-shirt given out at the Sept. 17'th game is a mini-promo type-set in small boxed-in letters somewhere on the shirt that says:

Wash Shirt/Wear Again for ESPN

National TV Game @ Fouts

10/?/05, 6:30pm

GREEN-OUT the Trojans!

** NT-graduated GRAPHIC ARTISTS, WANNA GIVE THIS T-SHIRT A SHOT for us to see on GMG.com?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Baylor has a similar promotion. they print something basic on the front of the gold shirts and sell them for $5.

It has been VERY successful.

How successful?

My dad drives to waco early before the game to make sure he can go by the bookstore to get a shirt.. if he cant get there to get a shirt??? well then he makes a family member go get one for him.

It has caught on at other schools as well.

Shane

It neeeds to be done for the Troy game... T.V. and all

Good idea, NT91. Of course, I included that game for the dual usage this Fall of this "Green-Out" t-shirt.

One of the main things of this promo is that it shows our fans and alums what our new color actually is and the color green we should all be looking to buy the rest of football season and then years to come. Sort of a "coming out party" (if you will) for the new Mean Green color you might say?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Baylor has a similar promotion. they print something basic on the front of the gold shirts and sell them for $5.

How successful?

My dad drives to waco early before the game to make sure he can go by the bookstore to get a shirt.. if he cant get there to get a shirt??? well then he makes a family member go get one for him.

Shane

Shaneb, I thought I had seen similar promo somewhere years ago, so maybe it was the Baylor students.

Can anyone link a photo of the BU student section wearing one solid color of gold (yellow)?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Baylor Gold

It's on the left side. Small section.

Stan, you the Man!

Thanks for those most memorable photos of NORTH TEXAS hosting Baylor U at Fouts Field in our blow-out win over the Big 12 Bears.

Can anyone else visualize about 5,000 NT students (remember, its our home season opener and we will have our largest Freshmen Class ever since we have the last 5 years in a row); anyway, can you just see all this at our home season opener vs TU as 5,000 (or more) of our NT students sit between each 30 yard lines on their side wearing our (new) much brighter shade of green? Sort of a warm thought on this hot June summer day, now isn't it?

If you can dream it--you can do it? smile.gif

The Baylor promotion is called the "Gold Rush" and is in its third year. It has been hugely successful there... I think we could do just as well. And they dont just target the student section. Its a huge deal for students and alumni and even visitors. Ever been to a game with someone, wanted something to wear for a day, but didnt want to fork out $20 for a shirt you might never wear again? Well there are a lot of fans like that at our games.

Gold Rush Home

As the Baylor Gold Rush enters its third year, we want to say a big Thank You to the students, alumni, and fans of the Baylor Bears. In its first two years, more than 60,000 shirts were sold to Baylor students, staff, and the greater Waco community. We want the Gold Rush to be bigger and better than ever before.

This year the new logo was created by a Baylor student. Over 80 designs were submitted by the student body. A cross-section of students and staff narrowed the field to five finalists. The entire student body had the opportunity to do online voting for the week of Diadeloso ("Day of the Bear") on campus. The winning design of the 2003 Gold Rush Campaign was announced on Wednesday, April 24th. We want to thank all the students who participated in the design and selection of this year's new logo.

Click here to see the winning design of our

2003 Gold Rush T-shirt Design Contest.

In an effort to build upon the success of the two previous years, we have streamlined the customized purchasing process. If you wish to purchase Gold Rush shirts with a customized back, you may contact:

T-shirts Plus  Transgraphics

254-753-3411  254-765-4444

Gold Rush shirts without a customized back may be purchased at various retail vendors in the community as well as the Baylor Bookstore.

user posted image

Edited by shaneb

Good idea, NT91. Of course, I included that game for the dual usage this Fall of this "Green-Out" t-shirt.

One of the main things of this promo is that it shows our fans and alums what our new color actually is and the color green we should all be looking to buy the rest of football season and then years to come. Sort of a "coming out party" (if you will) for the new Mean Green color you might say?

"coming out" is a great way to describe the new shade of green!

I really like to idea. But please don't call it "Green Out." A & M used that promotion (called maroon out) when they finished the "zone" stadium expansion.

As we are unique, we need a unique name for this promo.

Now...

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I really like to idea.  But  please don't call it "Green Out."  A & M used that promotion (called maroon out) when they finished the "zone" stadium expansion. 

Now...

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I think Southlake Carroll did a "green out" when they had that game against Denton Ryan on ESPN2 last year.

How successful?

Shane

They do Maroon Outs in Aggieland every year - not sure if you buy the shirts or not, but I'd bet you do. Students wear those shirts all the time, and it's been a huge success. We could do a lot worse for a promotion.

I had FFR check with Greenstock's old supplier & printer. The best price was $3.50 per shirt. That's a Green Shirt with a White Eagle logo,either the head or diving eagle. Or a white NORTH TEXAS or MEAN GREEN.

That's $17,500 we would need before it could even be done. And that's using the logo without the Athletic Department's appoval. I don't even want to think what it would cost to go through.

I say if we want to do it get permission from Harry and Lorenzo and do a gomeangreen.com shirt.

I really like to idea.  But  please don't call it "Green Out."  A & M used that promotion (called maroon out) when they finished the "zone" stadium expansion. 

Now...

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

So very original for a school that I think around 1975 discovered they could actually spend monies from the Permenant University Fund (which had "only" been available to the Ags since an 1870's Texas legislature made it available)! laugh.gif Just funnin' with that but it seemed it was about that part of that decade that their significant enrollment growth really started to take off AND they started building some very nice campus facilities. I think Rudder Tower was built in the early 70's as I recall.

........................................................................................................

How 'bout....... "Fouts Coming Out Green Bash/ TU" ? (Could be used twice this Fall against both TU's we play, eh)?

........................................................................................................

Of course, no school has a corner on the market on large groups inside a stadium wearing the same color t-shirt. We just need a name for this "worst idea yet for a promo" I suppose.

I think one could contact some specialty marketing firms and get 5,000 t-shirts the same color for less than $2. You don't need expensive Grade A quality t-shirts for a one time promotion IMHO, but it's already July 1'st and football season begins in 8 weeks, so this promo is not likely to happen this season and probably would not have if it were 18 weeks from kick-off. rolleyes.gif

This idea for it to really work would take some hustling. I wish some student group who is effecitve in "getting the job done" with such projects would take the ball and run with this.

"Fouts Coming Out Green Bash/TU" ? Whadda' yall think? And to be worn at both TU (TulsaU & TroyU) games this Fall?

OR......take our opponent's name out and use it as an annual 1'st home game emphasis for all our new 1'st year NT students (6,000 frosh and transfers this Fall?) to wear this shirt. Who know, maybe even hand out the t-shirt at Frosh Orientation each Summer? Wearing the same color t-shirt en masse sort of a way to build NT student fans comraderie for a new NT students first weeks on our campus? I know, one of the worst ideas yet! tongue.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen