Salute Your Shorts vs. Hey Dude

It's a little wild and a little strannnnnnnnnge, when you make your home out on the raaaaaaaaaaaaannggge.

Hey Dude all the way. But before that, "You can't do that on Television" was the greatest. Say the words "I don't know" and you get slimed, some funny stuff. I wanted so badly to make that slime in the kitchen.

Oh yeah, I remember Today's Special. I remember one freaky and scary episode where they got shrunk somehow and ended up in a mug or bowl with some marshmallows. It was a valuable lesson. After seeing that, I never messed around with machines that shrink stuff, or mannequins that come alive at night.

While we're talking about old school nickelodeon, we can't forget Pinwheel. It was such a great show. I'd love to see an episode of this stuff now that I'm older, so I did a search and didn't find anything but found this funny Web site about the show. If you grew up with cable in the 80's it will make you laugh, http://www.geocities.com/rupertdada/forgotte.htm

Edited by EagleChick03

Man, today's programming for children just isn't the same as it was back then.  Is there anyone who thinks that the old school cartoons are way better then the stuff that's out today?

Oh absolutely. My daughter is almost 5 and I really have to check whatever she's watching on Nickelodeon because some of those cartoons are crap. I generally make her stick to PBS and disney.

Oh, I say Salute Your Shorts. How could you forget Ug...and Budnick. I say Saved by the Bell was better than them both though.

Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our heart.

"And when we think about you...it makes me wanna fart.

It's I hope we never part, now get it right or pay the price."

Good ol Donkey Lips, always messing up the song.

laugh.gif

Eaglechick, I also remember Pinwheel, and after that was Eureka's Castle I believe.

Tell me there is someone out there that used to watch Kids Incorporated.  It was a cop-off of The Mickey Mouse Club, but the story lines seemed more interesting ... to me at least.

Yeah, chick from that was in bubble-gum girl group Wild Orchid. Chick from Wild Orchid is in Black-eyed Peas.

Kids, Inc. + You Can't Do That on Television = TV Gold.

"And when we think about you...it makes me wanna fart.

It's I hope we never part, now get it right or pay the price."

Good ol Donkey Lips, always messing up the song.

laugh.gif

Eaglechick, I also remember Pinwheel, and after that was Eureka's Castle I believe.

I thought it was the dude with the long hair . . . not donkey lips?

Alright, you guys are discussing a topic that is very near and dear to my heart...here's some stuff for nostalgia's sake:

user posted image

Got the DVD, had the board game at one point.

user posted image

Huge fan, the old cartoons are now out on DVD.

user posted image

Sticking with the thread topic...this was the better show!

user posted image

I can't believe anyone else remembers freakin' Pinwheel! I believe this was Plus and Minus...remember "Gotcha last" ??? laugh.gif

user posted image

A truly messed up show...anyone remember "barf burgers"?

user posted image

I remember this show vaguely...I think I watched it every morning when I was like four.

user posted image

Remember the Wuzzles? Were 80's kids' shows acid induced or what?

user posted image

One of my favorites.

Sorry for all the bandwith, but images sure help. laugh.gif