Yemi Nicholson

GangGreen

SBC player of the week, two weeks in a row. He averages 19 ppg and almost nine rebounds a game.

We have 4 good post players that can get a body on him every time. Fouling him should not be a concern. He shoots 62% from the FT line.

With Simpson, Barnett, Harris, and Williams we should be able play him tight without being concerned with foul trouble.

On offense, Leonard and Calvin need to take the ball right to him. They are both very good at drawing fouls and could get him into foul trouble.

That's my take. What's yours?

Watching the last game on TV, Yemi simply tore us up. At that time, Simpson hadn't quite figured things out. It will take Simpson getting the majority of the minutes to put a dent in his game.

A few things:

1. TO's when they go on a run are OK - please.

2. When someone gets hot, please leave them in.

3. Hopkins, Watson, Simpson, Hines - Never should 2 of these 4 not be on the floor.

A few things:

1. TO's when they go on a run are OK - please.

2. When someone gets hot, please leave them in.

3. Hopkins, Watson, Simpson, Hines - Never should 2 of these 4 not be on the floor.

I think you know those are my requests as well. It's no coincidence that all three of those were vital in the WKU comeback.

If Mike Jones can stay out of foul trouble, he can really cause some headaches on defense.

I think he would be more than a headache, I think he could be all-conference. But, he just does not play with any discipline and commits more silly fouls than any player I have seen. I think Zeke said it reminded him of Bubba Wells, but the difference is Bubba Wells did it intentionally. Teams are going right after him now that everyone knows he is foul prone and he is a non-factor way too often. If he is on the court and playing well, this is a different team.

The most interesting thing will be seeing just how much Simpson has improved since the debacle in Denver. As Zeke mentioned, then he had not quite figured things out, but when it clicked, it clicked. He will have to play his best game of the season tonight.

If he gets in foul trouble, I have no problems with the strategy GangGreen suggested. With Barnett, Williams, and Harris, there is 15 fouls right there off the bench. Don't let him throw it down (and good grief he can), make him convert from the stripe.