What would ya prefer???

UNT_playmaker

Well after hearin cincy is our probable choice, i am bailing out of going to New Orleans, if i want to see a empty stadium game, i'll just keep coming to our SBC games at Fouts....

The quote above is my problem.

Glad you've been following NT for so long. I went to my first game as a 2 year old and have been going ever since. I'm 39 now, an alum and the son of an NT professor that bought season tickets to football and basketball games.

I need to get a life? Don't contradict yourself from one post to another. I know you are welcome to your opinion, as I am mine, but to state in your last post that you are for everything NT and then decide to skip the bowl game when you could go is wrong. It appears that you are going to see the opposition and not our team. That, I have a problem with.

Edited by UNTLifer

SUMG, arent you the same guy who said in an earlier post that cincy had a shot at knockin off louisville, uh at louisville... yeah

also if you didnt notice, uh several thousand people tore down the goal posts, not just me... kinda thought id throw that out for ya, since you dont know what your talkin about.

UNTP, aren't you the same one who jumped on my case when I ASKED why you did not attend the ULM game until after you saw it on TV?

You know what, I will agree, I would rather see us play UAB in the bowl game, but I will be there regardless of who we play. For you to not only sit at home and watch the game when you have the ability to go and support the team in person, but you come on this board and say as much, is pathetic. I hate to say it, but its the truth. I am not calling you a bad fan, but this is a bad decision. If it were work, school, money or a similar reason, I could understand. But not going based solely on who we are playing is wrong, and it goes against what we here at gomeangreen.com, the small diehard fan base we have, and the athletic department, are trying to do to improve the school, athletics, and the Denton community. I hope you change your mind and party with us in New Orleans.

rudy,

i did not go to the ULM game until after half-time cause i had to finish up some paper work, but i watch alot of it on t.v.

i was intending to come, no matter the score, or the weather situation, which was of course rain, i didnt even go out to party with the rest of my friends, since it was halloween eve and most of the party's were on that night...

when i first arrrived at the stadium attendance looked so bad, it looked better on t.v. for some reason. the student section looked the worst.

i dont in any way shape or form, follow our opposition (i.e. cincy), i could care less, how they or anyone in CUSA does this year, im followin CUSA to see who are opponent will be...thats for sure

alot of people in the denton area will not be able to attend the game in n.o. for alot of reasons, going to n.o. is still up in the air for me, so i have to look at my work schedule to make a definite decision but by all means you guys, i applaud each and every fan that sacfrices, there school, work, family, and career to go to N.O. or any other unt road game this season., kudos

SUMG, arent you the same guy who said in an earlier post that cincy had a shot at knockin off louisville, uh at louisville... yeah 

also if you didnt notice, uh several thousand people tore down the goal posts, not just me... kinda thought id throw that out for ya, since you dont know what your talkin about.

No dipstick......I said that if they were to somehow beat Louisville that would make them more attractive as a bowl opponent. I don't expect them to beat Louisville.

I guess if you can't vandalize a stadium, you don't have any interest in being at the game, huh punk?

hey punk, since you seem to not know what the difference is between vandalism and school tradition and fan support. i will explain it to ya...

Fan support is when the AD comes by the student side of the field minutes before the game is over to encourage students to keep up our traditions and get us all wild up. Chargin the field after winning our conference is what we have done fours years in a row...

If any sort of vandalism had occured that night, the dozens and dozens of police officers and dogs, would have done something about it, wouldnt they?thats what they are there for...

did you just recently start attending UNT, if you did what community college do you hail from. huh.gif

hey punk, since you seem to not know what the difference is between vandalism and school tradition and fan support. i will explain it to ya...

Fan support is when the AD comes by the student side of the field minutes before the game is over to encourage students to keep up our traditions and get us all wild up. Chargin the field after winning our conference is what we have done fours years in a row...

If any sort of vandalism had occured that night, the dozens and dozens of police officers and dogs, would have done something about it, wouldnt they?thats what they are there for...

did you just recently start attending UNT, if you did what community college do you hail from.  huh.gif

Here are some of the brilliant things that you have given us on this board, Haymaker:

1. A hurricane is going to hit Denton. Remember that one, oh brilliant one?

2. I won't come to the Idaho game if I can't tear down the goalpost.

3. Houston would be a better bowl opponent than Cincinnati. (Even though Houston is 3-8).

4. If it's Cincinnati, I'm not going to the bowl game.

Yeah, you're the kind of hearty fan, that our school needs. I expect next year to read that you didn't go to a night game, because it was dark.

BTW...I'm an alum...out of college. Trying to figure out your age.......I'd say that you were born in a period, shortly after our nation was experiencing a coat hanger shortage. Just a guess.

BTW...I'm an alum...out of college. Trying to figure out your age.......I'd say that you were born in a period, shortly after our nation was experiencing a coat hanger shortage. Just a guess.

laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif OHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOOD GRIEF THAT's FREAKING FUNNY!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

Someone give me something to get the coffee off the computer screen.

Rick

By the way, Playmaker:

I truly don't have anything against you. I'm sure you're a good guy. Tearing down the goalposts really doesn't bother me. Also, I'm giving you a hard time about that hurricane prediction, but don't take it seriously. And not knowing Houston's record is nothing major.

The only thing that you've posted that bothered me.....is when you said that you wouldn't go to the bowl if Cincy was our opponent.

I hope that you'll reconsider.....and go no matter who we play.

sincerely,

SUMG

The only thing that you've posted that bothered me.....is when you said that you wouldn't go to the bowl if Cincy was our opponent.

I hope that you'll reconsider.....and go no matter who we play.

sincerely,

SUMG

I agree and I believe all good fans would agree also, SUMG really nailed it there.

SUMG, i think you have your facts wrong,

1. hurricane ivan hit the texas coast, as a restrengthen storm.

2. i have not missed a home game in years. i never ever said that i would not attend any home game for any reason... im always the one on this board who talks about attendance and bringin people out to our games, as far as N.O. its going to be a last minute, with work and all. im still helpin my friends plan for their trips to the big easy, (i.e. hotel and student promos)

3. i said that i would rather play a regional opponent, since we were deprived of that this year and next year.

4. for me gettin pissed because we might draw cincy, shouldnt be brought up and explained in detail on every single post i place. everyone on this board should care less, and most do, everyone has their opinion. to attack me or justify me as a bad fan and erase the fact of how many athletic events and pep rallies i attend is even worst.

To everyone that has noticed, there are only three people that bring up same topics about me or has a vendetta against me, and those are Unt_lifer, SUMG, and firefightinrick...

next time try to think a little harder before you make stuff up, it doesnt help your credibility on the board when you do that.

by the way, about your last statement, was that supposed to be a cut down or somethin, or are you just tryin to do a cheap plug-in for a chain of franchise cleaners that operate in the lake cities area.

blink.gifblink.gif

SUMG, i think you have your facts wrong,

1. hurricane ivan hit the texas coast, as a restrengthen storm.

2. i have not missed a home game in years. i never ever said that i would not attend any home game for any reason... im always the one on this board who talks about attendance and bringin people out to our games, as far as N.O. its going to be a last minute, with work and all. im still helpin my friends plan for their trips to the big easy, (i.e. hotel and student promos)

3. i said that i would rather play a regional opponent, since we were deprived of that this year and next year.

4. for me gettin pissed because we might draw cincy, shouldnt be brought up and explained in detail on every single post i place. everyone on this board should care less, and most do, everyone has their opinion.  to attack me or justify me as a bad fan and erase the fact of how many athletic events and pep rallies i attend is even worst.

To everyone that has noticed, there are only three people that bring up same topics about me or has a vendetta against me, and those are Unt_lifer, SUMG, and firefightinrick...

next time try to think a little harder before you make stuff up, it doesnt help your credibility on the board when you do that.

by the way, about your last statement, was that supposed to be a cut down or somethin, or are you just tryin to do a cheap plug-in for a chain of franchise cleaners that operate in the lake cities area.

blink.gif  blink.gif

I truly hope that you can make it to New Orleans for our bowl game.

biggrin.gif

Chargin the field after winning our conference is what we have done fours years in a row...

I'll accept that, except next year, lets wait the extra 4 seconds until we have actually won the conference. Gee, maybe the rest of the student body will get to celebrate too.

Yeah, the Texas game. Heres my take on that. I went to a Family reunion in Kentucky that weekend. I set my cell phone up to recieve score updates. Unfortunately, I was in the Eastern Time Zone, so I was recieving score updates 1-2 hours LATE. I actually got the final one at like midnight. So, I got to have it rubbed in by my Texas fan cell phone.

If that wasnt bad enough, 95% of the family is from the Huntington, WV area. That also happens to be where Marshall is located, so take a wild guess who they all root for. And they are die hard Marshall fans, like 2 times the fans we are, honestly. They were PISSED at losing to Troy by like 3 or whatever. My 80-something aunt who had season tickets until this year was pissed. I said relax, you guys lost by 3, my alma matter lost by 65.

On the plus side, one of my uncles, a marine who served in Korea, gave me one of his 40-50 year old swagger sticks. Maybe I should have brought it with me to the baylor game. ph34r.gif