Info from the Classroom

Brent

I talked to Kenneth, who is a grad asst. to the team. He said that they were very excited about the upcoming season and very pleased with the work of the new guys. I know we signed five, but I think only four made it, if someone can verify, it is appreciated.

He said that Leonard was healthy and may challenge CD for some time and may end up scoring more than him too. He said that our post (Barnett?)has shown significant improvement and will threaten both inside and out.

He said more, but for the life of me I can't remember it. ph34r.gif

At the TCU game, JJ was gracious enough to call to me as I walked past him in the concession line. Not only was he there, but he said that most of his team was also. I also saw about six of them together at Fouts. Johnny said that they spend a lot of time together and are getting to know each other's personality, abilities, etc. That should be a good thing.

We talked briefly about this year's team. He brought up Justin Leonard's name as looking very good. He is pleased with everyone's ability and enthusiasm. Of course, right now all that the coaching staff can do is observe their pickup games. They'll look even better when they can get coaching.

Maybe if Leonard pushed CD for playing time, they'll simply move Chris to SF and we can still have plenty of scoring punch in there. Until then, let's simply promote LH as the best sixth man in the conference.