The Biggest Blowout Lost for Every Texas FBS Football Team

23 hours ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

Unfortunately I was in Reno and witnessed the 72-0 loss mentioned.  It was even worse than the score!  Not an enjoyable trip for a Mean Green fan.

Ha...I was at that game too.  A high school friend lived in Reno (actually Sparks) at the time, so we used the excuse of the game to visit.  You are right, 72-0 didn't do the ass-whooping justice.  We could do no right and Nevada could do no wrong that day.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I guess mathematically the Nevada loss was bigger but that Portland State loss was beyond words bad.

I believe that's the record for biggest FCS over FBS blowout.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

It is the record for a coach sipping on Grey Goose.

It's still baffles me that UNT got put in position to buy that pos out and that UNT had to buy that pos out. 

They could have easily hit him with dereliction of duties, but would have had to smear him to do it. So, to avoid smearing him and hiding facts, but also to avoid looking like an incompetent athletic director/department, UNT forked over 1.8M. Just.... wow. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's still baffles me that UNT got put in position to buy that pos out and that UNT had to buy that pos out. 

They could have easily hit him with dereliction of duties, but would have had to smear him to do it. So, to avoid smearing him and hiding facts, but also to avoid looking like an incompetent athletic director/department, UNT forked over 1.8M. Just.... wow. 

McCarney was the biggest tool when he got to UNT. Oh let's talk about Iowa this or that...like man GTHO with that. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Cougar King said:

I believe that's the record for biggest FCS over FBS blowout.

I'm pretty sure we hold the record for being the opponent in other schools' records...you know, if there was a record for that.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Big Z said:

McCarney was the biggest tool when he got to UNT. Oh let's talk about Iowa this or that...like man GTHO with that. 

"Big ass championship ring."

......That he won as a D-Line coach with 2 future 2nd round draft picks (Dunlap and Cunningham) playing both Defensive Ends while Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow did all of the actual work. Hell, any of us could have coached that team and won.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:11 PM, greenjoe said:

Do GOMEANGREEN.com fans troll on the U of Houston site ?  How do we get so many trolls from Houston and SMU on our site ?

It is allowed.  I never understood why other team's fans are allowed to come on here and troll repeatedly.

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:11 PM, greenjoe said:

Do GOMEANGREEN.com fans troll on the U of Houston site ?  How do we get so many trolls from Houston and SMU on our site ?

We get Big 12 trolls on the UH site sometimes. I've only seen UNT fans there a few times.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cougar King said:

We get Big 12 trolls on the UH site sometimes. I've only seen UNT fans there a few times.

Proving how sad it is that you decide to show up around here.

• Upvote 1