NIL Estimate

This doesn’t really show much correlation between NIL and athletic success either.  East Carolina, Charlotte, and Wichita all have large $$ numbers but not much success in my opinion.  Btw, I hate NIL! 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

This doesn’t really show much correlation between NIL and athletic success either.  East Carolina, Charlotte, and Wichita all have large $$ numbers but not much success in my opinion.  Btw, I hate NIL! 

None of us like this new NIL era, but we have to play in the system that's in place. The top spenders in our conference in Memphis, USF, and most likely Tulane, have the most history of success over many years. ECU is strange, they are definitely not getting their money's worth considering how much they are spending.

The loss of so many good players in FB and now BB makes me worried we won't be able to compete in the long run.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

The loss of so many good players in FB and now BB makes me worried we won't be able to compete in the long run.

The great equalizer is that all programs seem to be doing roster makeovers after each season now, even the Georgia and Alabama types.   Players either jump to bigger programs, or chase $$ at an equal or upper program, or change just to get more playing time.   

I doubt we ever see more elite athletes like Kenny Lyons, Joe Greene, Patrick Cobbs type players that spend their entire college career with NT... then continue to support the program after. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NT80 said:

players that spend their entire college career with NT... then continue to support the program after. 

This is possibly the most damning long term consequence of the NIL/Portal era.  As I was watching the NCAA Tournament and seeing former players in the stands it struck me that you won’t see that in a few years.  There are an unlimited number of people you could list, but for example, where does Tylor Perry go, UNT or KSU.  As much as he was liked here, it would seem odd if he were in the stands when we play in the NCAA Tournament next year.😉

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know how the NIL groups actually work? Are they private or public record? Can those who donate find out where their money went, how much money was collected and distributed to each athlete, ect?Since the money doesn't come directly from the universities I assume the athletes aren't school employees so we can't find out how much each one gets under their NIL deal.

1 hour ago, Shark84 said:

Does anyone know how the NIL groups actually work? Are they private or public record? Can those who donate find out where their money went, how much money was collected and distributed to each athlete, ect?Since the money doesn't come directly from the universities I assume the athletes aren't school employees so we can't find out how much each one gets under their NIL deal.

Neither the amounts raised or the amounts paid to players are required to be reported. Correct, they are not employees.

• Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

They have a pretty hardcore and loyal fanbase.

Like many of the remote location schools, more support because less options for entertainment.  What else are you going to do in Lubbock, Texas or Greenville, NC other than watch and support college sports?

22 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Like many of the remote location schools, more support because less options for entertainment.  What else are you going to do in Lubbock, Texas or Greenville, NC other than watch and support college sports?

Yup, sometimes being the only ticket in town has it's upsides.

• Upvote 1