New RB -Zach Evans from Minn.

UNT86

Just now, Jdawg48 said:

Ahh so this was the one you were hinting at

Dude was a stud out of high school! 4 star, top 15 in nation, and had HELLA big offers.

RB is locked and loaded once again

Yessir.  Not to take away from the HS Signees because they're going to be those dudes.  This cat is SPECIAL, hard to play RB at LSU...I have no problems with this pick up at all.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yessir.  Not to take away from the HS Signees because they're going to be those dudes.  This cat is SPECIAL, hard to play RB at LSU...I have no problems with this pick up at all.

Loving it so far. Coach Cobbs is living right now for real! Exciting to see what they can do

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Evans definitely deserves his own thread without needing to chat about Bradford on it.

Dude is a shifty burner with more production this past season at Minnesota than Bradford's entire career at LSU.

All true.

However, I think Cobbs has shown he likes to play multiple RBs every game, so I don't think the comments are necessarily about one being better or trying to steal any thunder. Having both of these transfers lining up in green in the backfield next year is exciting.

Edited by MeanGreenGlory
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

All true.

However, I think Cobbs has shown he likes to play multiple RBs every game, so I don't think the comments are necessarily about one being better or trying to steal any thunder. Having both of these transfers lining up in green in the backfield next year is exciting.

Oh, definitely not saying having both dudes aren't a plus.   I'm just saying this thread is for Zach Evans.   Just more of an observation.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

He barely had touches tho at LSU and OU. I wonder why that is. I know those programs have top end talent even as depth pieces, but he’s had only 20 touches his entire collegiate career. Perhaps he can rediscover that magic

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

He barely had touches tho at LSU and OU. I wonder why that is. I know those programs have top end talent even as depth pieces, but he’s had only 20 touches his entire collegiate career. Perhaps he can rediscover that magic

It appears that he never even played a game for OU when he entered the portal again to return to LSU...which leaves even more questions than answers. Hope he can find his footing again, but as this thread is named, Zach Evans is a RB that looks to be a great player if Bradford doesn't pan out!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

It appears that he never even played a game for OU when he entered the portal again to return to LSU...which leaves even more questions than answers. Hope he can find his footing again, but as this thread is named, Zach Evans is a RB that looks to be a great player if Bradford doesn't pan out!

I’m very hopeful for the both of them actually. I’m on the bandwagon of Zach Evans since he’s had more plying time. But, I think we found our Adaway/Ayo 1-2 punch. These two may actually be better. Plus, I’m very intrigued by the OL additions from the portal. We got bigger and, hopefully, better. 

• Upvote 3