Attendance Tracker

keith

5,689 is a nice turnout and honestly something we should be able to do every home game.  Our fans were treated to a fun game and it was great to be able to send them home happy and Memphis home licking their wounds.  Proud of the way this team has battled through the season.  Three more home games this season.  Let's do this!

image.png.52b2bcaa3db0dd447fdd86d11f60e391.png

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, keith said:

5,689 is a nice turnout and honestly something we should be able to do every home game.  Our fans were treated to a fun game and it was great to be able to send them home happy and Memphis home licking their wounds.  Proud of the way this team has battled through the season.  Three more home games this season.  Let's do this!

image.png.52b2bcaa3db0dd447fdd86d11f60e391.png

I concur.  The crowd was fantastic last night!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two consecutive 5K+ attended games makes it feel like we may have finally turned a corner on the attendance front.  Disappointing game and as others have pointed out we should have called a TO after crossing mid-court to take a breather and set something up.  I don't recall which one it was, but we left a TO on the board during our last possession in least one other game we lost.  Coaches and players need to have some situational awareness in crunch time, but mostly coaches.  Apparently we can build a lead, we just can't hold on to a lead late in games.  Need to get some confidence back these next 4 games and make some noise in the tournament to save the season.

image.png.9ecd311c89e6b206f194674c260a4fce.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I know weekdays favor students and weekends alumni, but I wish for once the students and alumni could both show out for a game.

As annoying as they can be, have to figure out how to get the Greeks to show up in numbers again. There were some organizations with representation at the tailgate, but not many people. Which was a shame - it was a beautiful day for tailgating.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, CMJ said:

The nerd in me thanks you!

So not only are we on track for the first 4,000 average since 2011-12, we're on pace for the highest average since 1976-77. That is crazy to me!!

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

That is crazy to me!!

It is, sadly.  Folks didn't realize what we had with Mac and maybe are starting to wake up.  Ridiculous we aren't selling out the SP.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:07 PM, Matt from A700 said:

The nerd in me thanks you!

So not only are we on track for the first 4,000 average since 2011-12, we're on pace for the highest average since 1976-77. That is crazy to me!!

However, to put in perspective, how large was  the student body in 76/77 and 2011/2012 vs 45,000 today? The number that I think is most important is percentage of student body in attendance at our basketball and football games.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice win today.  Took control in the first half and never let ECU back in the game.  A crowd of 4,241, pushed our season average to 4,102 which is a 9.33% increase over last season's average of 3,752.  Well done Mean Green Nation!  We have one more home game (one more than last season as well).  FAU has fallen out of the top 25, but we still need to bring a good crowd and get a win that has eluded us against the Owls.   GMG!

image.png.615494a98fd2cdecdad50fb183c28e06.png

• Upvote 2

And if I'm mathing correcting, we only need an announced crowd of 2,572 to clinch our first 4,000 season average in a dozen years. And that year we only averaged 4,006, so we need just 2,677 to clinch our best season average in 47 years. It'd be our third-best attendance season in Super Pit history, although from the almanac CMJ shared a link to, there were five seasons early on that they did not have attendance history for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

And if I'm mathing correcting, we only need an announced crowd of 2,572 to clinch our first 4,000 season average in a dozen years. And that year we only averaged 4,006, so we need just 2,677 to clinch our best season average in 47 years. It'd be our third-best attendance season in Super Pit history, although from the almanac CMJ shared a link to, there were five seasons early on that they did not have attendance history for.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I suppose it's possible one of those years we may have averaged a bunch of people - impossible to know.

18 hours ago, keith said:

Nice win today.  Took control in the first half and never let ECU back in the game.  A crowd of 4,241, pushed our season average to 4,102 which is a 9.33% increase over last season's average of 3,752.  Well done Mean Green Nation!  We have one more home game (one more than last season as well).  FAU has fallen out of the top 25, but we still need to bring a good crowd and get a win that has eluded us against the Owls.   GMG!

image.png.615494a98fd2cdecdad50fb183c28e06.png

Not trying to look at a half empty cup but 4,000 average is still less that 10% of student body, which is sorta of pitiful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Not trying to look at a half empty cup but 4,000 average is still less that 10% of student body, which is sorta of pitiful.

There were only a handful in the “Maniacs” section which leads to the question, “Just how maniacal are they?”

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, wardly said:

One could just as easily blame alumni or Denton area residents given there are hundreds of thousands.  The reality is it's growth.  We just need to to continue!  We average 4100+ this year...shoot for 4500+ next year, etc..

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

One could just as easily blame alumni or Denton area residents given there are hundreds of thousands.  The reality is it's growth.  We just need to to continue!  We average 4100+ this year...shoot for 4500+ next year, etc..

I agree. Any growth at a non-power conference school with today's plethora of entertainment options and generation of students who don't care as much about sports is good.

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1