Season Ticket Question

We’ve been sitting in 102, but want to move closer to midfield. Where do you guys sit?  Do you recommend your section?  We stand, cheer on defensive 3rd downs, signal our Mean Green first downs, stand/sing during the fight song and Alma mater.  

We’re thinking maybe Sections 104-106 or Sections 205-208?  Between me and my buddies, we’d need 8-12 tickets.  Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

206-207 (slight preference for 207) are the best seats in the house to me, but I don’t care anything about being right down by the bench. I’d rather have the height for viewing the actual game. 

You mean you don't want to up and close to Craponi? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

206-207 (slight preference for 207) are the best seats in the house to me, but I don’t care anything about being right down by the bench. I’d rather have the height for viewing the actual game. 

Thanks. We’ve been near the action the last few years, but it’s not necessary. 

My son and I have been in 106 since Apogee opened.  Great seats. We have very good full field view and we don’t lose any down field play action. Close enough to the players to see what all they’re doing on the sideline, coaches players etc.  The surrounding fans have been great, active but they don’t puke all over you. It’s been fun…now if we could only win more games !  CMG

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Another vote for 106. This is year 9 down on the front row, right behind the offensive bench and we love it down there. Our daughter gets to high five cheerleaders and Scrappy all the time. Side story: we recently went to a high school game and when my daughter saw the mascot, she asked where Scrappy was, lol. Shes 3 and associates football with Scrappy evidently. 😂

We do all the stuff you’re talking about. It’s been a while since it’s happened, but we’ve had a couple occasions of randoms buying tickets on row 2 and complaining that we stand. But F- em! We stand anyway. Mason’s mom and family sat behind us on row 4 or 5 for years and we got to know her a little bit. That was really cool too. 

And I’m pretty sure there are some open pockets big enough for 8-12 seats all together, but you’d have to ask the office. 

I’d avoid 105 if you want others to join in your fun. In fact, at the last game, we had someone in 106 yelling and heckling section 105 for not standing or doing much. “We see you 105!!  106 is watching you!!” 😂😂😂  I think there’s a pretty good average age gap between 105 and 106. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Another vote for 106. This is year 9 down on the front row, right behind the offensive bench and we love it down there. Our daughter gets to high five cheerleaders and Scrappy all the time. Side story: we recently went to a high school game and when my daughter saw the mascot, she asked where Scrappy was, lol. Shes 3 and associates football with Scrappy evidently. 😂

We do all the stuff you’re talking about. It’s been a while since it’s happened, but we’ve had a couple occasions of randoms buying tickets on row 2 and complaining that we stand. But F- em! We stand anyway. Mason’s mom and family sat behind us on row 4 or 5 for years and we got to know her a little bit. That was really cool too. 

And I’m pretty sure there are some open pockets big enough for 8-12 seats all together, but you’d have to ask the office. 

I’d avoid 105 if you want others to join in your fun. In fact, at the last game, we had someone in 106 yelling and heckling section 105 for not standing or doing much. “We see you 105!!  106 is watching you!!” 😂😂😂  I think there’s a pretty good average age gap between 105 and 106. 

I appreciate the feedback. My youngest (7), loves the Scrappy interactions, too.  Yeah, I’ll need to speak to the office to get a better idea of what is actually available for next season. Thanks, again.  

I'm in 106 on row 4 yelling every game. Apologies to the older man and his people that sit in front of me. I'm sure he gets tired of me yelling this is Freaking Horrible, Freaking hit someone. Stop arm tackling. It's an every week occurrence. Also, it seems every opposing team (except Temple) has had fans on my row.

20230902_145849.jpg

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I'm in 106 on row 4 yelling every game. Apologies to the old man and his people that sit in front of me. I'm sure he gets tired of me yelling this is Freaking Horrible, Freaking hit someone. Stop arm tackling. 

20230902_145849.jpg

We’re near the south end zone. This view is so different from our current one. I like how we’re near the goal line action, but the far side of the field feels incredibly far away.  Thanks for the input. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

I'm in 106 on row 4 yelling every game. Apologies to the older man and his people that sit in front of me. I'm sure he gets tired of me yelling this is Freaking Horrible, Freaking hit someone. Stop arm tackling. It's an every week occurrence. Also, it seems every opposing team (except Temple) has had fans on my row.

20230902_145849.jpg

i'd rather listen to that then the guy in my section always screaming to "do your job", "wide receivers, run your route", "run", "pass".....he is a parent, but douchebaging annoying....plus, he doesn't always make the right call on the run/pass thing

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, THOR said:

i'd rather listen to that then the guy in my section always screaming to "do your job", "wide receivers, run your route", "run", "pass".....he is a parent, but douchebaging annoying....plus, he doesn't always make the right call on the run/pass thing

Same guy that says, "Use your thumbs"?

• Confused 1

I had a classic one last week.  UTSA is lined up to go for it on 4th and inches.  They are in the formation where you know it’s a QB sneak and the backs are going to push the QB from behind.  Guy behind us yells, “Watch out for the reverse.”  

I wish I had a picture of the look that had to have been on my face.

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, jtm0097 said:

20230902_145849.jpg

Really says it all.  I think everyone of us in 106 have yelled “ hit someone and stop arm tackling .”  It’s been that kind of season.  Marcus Trice is gone and so are the Big Bang hits.

• Upvote 1