AD Launches "Glory to the Green" Initiative

UNTLifer

11 hours ago, NT80 said:

Interesting that the Alum Association interlocked NT is included in the 8 wordmarks and logos available for licensing...

https://meangreensports.com/documents/2023/10/16/UNT_Vintage_StyleGuide_2023_Final.pdf

That’s not the same.  The most notable difference is no star in the middle. 

• Oh Boy! 1

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

https://meangreensports.com/news/2023/10/16/general-unt-athletics-launches-glory-to-the-green-program

A special group of past logos are now exclusively available for licensed vendors to create merchandise and products to celebrate those cherished stories.

About time. 

The Alumni association has had this logo for about 15+ years.  It is one of the best logos that the University has in its inventory and (sadly) it's the most UNDERUTILIEZED. I see very little gear being produced and marketed with this logo on it.  No hats, very few shirts, and no flags. 

The main representative from Pro-line once told FFR and I that a hat with the NT-Star on it would be a killer product. He said it would out-sell anything that was out there for NT. BUT someone in the long-standing dysfunctional NT administration or the decision makers(?) in the equally dysfunctional NT Alumni association have never seen fit, or had the vision, to market it.

Besides hats and shirts, I would suggest the NT Battle flag with the NT-Star in place of the single star. Not the replace the Battle Flag, but as a flag for the Alumni who gather for tail-gating etc.

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, NT80 said:

True, no star, but this interlocked NT has always attracted fan interest, but never available.  Under the context of "vintage logo program" this logo/font was never used that I am aware of on any NT uniform or headgear.  Same for the script "Mean Green" and UNT-chested Eagle offered.

Notable Alumni | North Texan

Thought the same thing. It's odd the Alumni "NT" which has never been used by athletics and the brand new "Mean Green" script are being included in this "Vintage" collection. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/19/2023 at 10:41 AM, NT80 said:

True, no star, but this interlocked NT has always attracted fan interest, but never available.  Under the context of "vintage logo program" this logo/font was never used that I am aware of on any NT uniform or headgear.  Same for the script "Mean Green" and UNT-chested Eagle offered.

Notable Alumni | North Texan

The one in the link is used by…

image.png.b03106a4c3cd97a782442b1b229d95ad.png

• Upvote 2