DCTF: Saturday a must win for UNT’s Bowl hopes?

• Glory to the Green changed the title to DCTF: Saturday a must win for UNT’s Bowl hopes?
12 hours ago, MrAlien said:

This is a rebuilding year, I don't think there is a such thing as a "must win game" during a rebuild.

Yeah...  rebuilding..

Losses to a really bad FIU team and a bad Navy team and otherwise we'd be in the middle of a historical season by UNT standards. 

We are in the middle of a HC and several assistants learning curve type of season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They are all must wins in terms of building the program, building the fanbase, student attendance, fundraising, recruiting, player retention, etc.

Frankly, if they don’t win this, there’s really nothing to look forward to except basketball season. Seems like there’s already less forum interaction, less energy this week as it is already. Just being realistic here. I’ll still watch the games, but the outlook is bleak. Very hard when my hopes were so high to start the season. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

This didn't start out as a rebuilding year.

Rebuilding year equals team not very good.

The rebuild started 10 months ago when we replaced the AD, the head coach, and assistant coaches.  The timing of it all definitely cost us in recruiting, re-recruiting, and transfers.  Morris has not even had a full year of recruiting to build a team, so the rebuild will continue through next season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MrAlien said:

The rebuild started 10 months ago when we replaced the AD, the head coach, and assistant coaches.  The timing of it all definitely cost us in recruiting, re-recruiting, and transfers.  Morris has not even had a full year of recruiting to build a team, so the rebuild will continue through next season. 

We have a history of reactionary hires.  Morris is not one of them.  He is part of the Leach tree, young.  an offensive mind, etc.

I'm all about giving Morris some 1st year passes, but I suspect this is the least "rebuilding" a new coach has had to do in Denton...in a long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1