Calling This Before I Can Say "I Told You So"

rojomojo

1 hour ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Dude go away. The team was missing 2 starters for all of conference play. Totally different team with & without - even you would admit that.

Record with full squad: 7-6

Record without full squad: 7-6

A blind man could see the difference!!!

I know you're TRYING to be sarcastic (and reaching for funny)....but let's be honest and admit that the majority of conference losses were against the top teams in the conference without a full squad.* 

*Though there will be NO excuse made for losing to San Antonio Community College

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, rojomojo said:

Yes! Having a lovely time

Awesome. Eat a stroop waffle/ poffertjes, visit a coffee shop, and hit up some other countries while over there. Watch out for the bike lanes. It's easy to get hit by one.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, jtm0097 said:

Awesome. Eat a stroop waffle/ poffertjes, visit a coffee shop, and hit up some other countries while over there. Watch out for the bike lanes. It's easy to get hit by one.

I can assure you I am also wearing my Mean Green hat with pride over here too  🙂

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Are you really a fan?  Cause your posts don't really sound like it.  Why are you even here?

He's not.  He posted a long "hahaha" post on Twitter/X after the game this past weekend.  He's a KU jock sniffer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I know you're TRYING to be sarcastic (and reaching for funny)....but let's be honest and admit that the majority of conference losses were against the top teams in the conference without a full squad.* 

*Though there will be NO excuse made for losing to San Antonio Community College

But WITH a full squad the losses are as follows:

Big East: St Johns 7th of 11 (Conf 8-9)

SEC: LSU 10th of 14 (Conf 6-8)

Mtn. West: Boise St 2nd of 11 (Conf 10-4)

A-10: Fordham 11th of 15 (Conf 5-9)

SEC: Miss. State 7th of 14 (Conf 8-6)

American: UTSA 14th of 14 (Conf 3-12)

Excusing losses to the Top of the American but choosing to ignore the losses to some really bad teams in other conferences. All while at full strength. Only Boise sits firmly in the top half of their conference. 

Are you saying that the American is so bad, that we can beat its Top teams at full strength? At the same time we were unable to defeat middle & lower tier teams from other conferences (at full strength) because they are that good?? 🧐 And then UTSA happened. 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

In my humble opinion, many of those early season losses would not have been losses by the time of the SMU win.  We seemed like we were really jelling and figuring things out more so than a lot of other teams were. The improvement from LSU to then was profound, and I believe we would have defeated the Tigers if we'd been played January 25th.

That said, we've really regressed the last month. A lot of that is injuries, but not all.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, CMJ said:

In my humble opinion, man of those early season losses would not have been losses by the time of the SMU win.  We seemed like we were really jelling and figuring things out more so than a lot of other teams were. The improvement from LSU to then was profound, and I believe we would have defeated the Tigers if we'd been played January 25th.

That said, we've really regressed the last month. A lot of that is injuries, but not all.

Which early season losses prior to SMU win are you referring? The SMU win put the team at 5-1 in conference play. As for playing LSU on January 25th, the team was 1-3 from 12/2 to 12/23 (Boise-L, Fordham-L, Miss. State-L, UTA-W). LSU is much better than LSU-Shreveport (12/30). 

I don’t think the team has regressed in the last month. I think the team hasn’t improved as the season progressed. The team (100% healthy) we saw struggle with UNI (MVC 6th of 12) at home (UNI missed the game winning shot) struggled (100% healthy) against UTSA but lost this time. Bookend performances. 

Sometime during the summer or prior to the start of next season we will admit to ourselves that this team is not very good and/or is not well coached, or something else was amiss. My vote is for the latter. For today we will continue to keep our focus on one player.  The Fan Pendulum will move - just not today.

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Which early season losses prior to SMU win are you referring? The SMU win put the team at 5-1 in conference play. As for playing LSU on January 25th, the team was 1-3 from 12/2 to 12/23 (Boise-L, Fordham-L, Miss. State-L, UTA-W). LSU is much better than LSU-Shreveport (12/30). 

I don’t think the team has regressed in the last month. I think the team hasn’t improved as the season progressed. The team we saw struggle with UNI (MVC 6th of 12) at home (UNI missed the game winning shot) struggled against UTSA but lost this time. Bookend performances. 

Sometime during the summer or prior to the start of next season we will admit to ourselves that this team is not very good and/or is not well coached. For today we will continue to keep our focus on one player.  The Fan Pendulum will move - just not today.

Are you Edwards' bandwagon coat riding fan cousin or something? 

There is definitely warranted criticism for him. 

There is definitely warranted criticism for other players. 

There is definitely warranted criticism for coaching. 

All can be true. And is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Are you Edwards' bandwagon coat riding fan cousin or something? 

There is definitely warranted criticism for him. 

There is definitely warranted criticism for other players. 

There is definitely warranted criticism for coaching. 

All can be true. And is. 

Quote some of the warranted criticism for Jones, A-Scott, Buggs, Sissoko, or CRH. I’ll wait. This board has full threads shitting on Edwards. Point me to one thread for any of the aforementioned and I’ll get off the bandwagon. You can’t because there are none. Why? By your own admission there is enough criticism warranted for more than Edwards. Show me the thread or pipe down.

I wish I were his cousin or aunt or something because I would advise him to run as fast as he could from these 12 bad message board gurus. See how dumb that sounds! On campus we friggin love the guy. And there are more than 12 of us. 

Champion for the little man is all. UNTs Dak Prescott - no credit for the wins & all credit for the losses. 

If you don’t find the threads devoted to anyone other than Cousin Edwards, could you start one? May I suggest the NBA prospect A-Scott followed by John Buggs III - One of Top 3PT shooters in the country. Well save the community college head coach for last. 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Quote some of the warranted criticism for Jones, A-Scott, Buggs, Sissoko, or CRH. I’ll wait. This board has full threads shitting on Edwards. Point me to one thread for any of the aforementioned and I’ll get off the bandwagon. You can’t because there are none. Why? By your own admission there is enough criticism warranted for more than Edwards. Show me the thread or pipe down.

I wish I were his cousin or aunt or something because I would advise him to run as fast as he could from these 12 bad message board gurus. See how dumb that sounds! On campus we friggin love the guy. And there are more than 12 of us. 

Champion for the little man is all. UNTs Dak Prescott - no credit for the wins & all credit for the losses. 

Sounds to me you have a butt full of hurt. Do you cry when you read negative things about Edwards? Have you sought out therapy? You don't have to do this alone. 

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

This board has full threads shitting on Edwards.   Show me the thread or pipe down.

Please direct me to these.  I will give you comments, but threads?  I must be overlooking them.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Sounds to me you have a butt full of hurt. Do you cry when you read negative things about Edwards? Have you sought out therapy? You don't have to do this alone. 

it could just be a sweet little crush. you remember how you were at that age...all full of hormones and emotional. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

it could just be a sweet little crush. you remember how you were at that age...all full of hormones and emotional. 

Lots of funny stuff but no quotes. You guys are masters of the double & triple quote, but now it’s radio silence 🤐 . You must remember when you stated that A-Scott was The Incredible Disappearing Player or how the bigger the moment the smaller he plays. There must be something. Of course it would be followed by others that agreed. Quote it. 

2 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Start with the most recent game thread and work your way back. While there, tally the “criticism” to the rest of the team & staff. 

the whole thread is nothing but "Edwards hasn't hit a winner" and "we'd be so douchebaged without Edwards". both things are true. 

that Edwards hasn't hit a dagger like we grew used/addicted to with TP and Javion, is a bit on him and a lot more on Hodge for end-game play calls and on the fact that I wouldn't really trust anyone else on the team to take the winner. 

the entire team/season is a disappointment, but you're making it out to be that everyone is blaming a .500 year entirely on our leading scorer and that's just dumb. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

I don’t think the team has regressed in the last month. I think the team hasn’t improved as the season progressed. The team (100% healthy) we saw struggle with UNI (MVC 6th of 12) at home (UNI missed the game winning shot) struggled (100% healthy) against UTSA but lost this time. Bookend performances. 

Sometime during the summer or prior to the start of next season we will admit to ourselves that this team is not very good and/or is not well coached, or something else was amiss. My vote is for the latter. For today we will continue to keep our focus on one player.  The Fan Pendulum will move - just not today.

I think by the 25th of January we would have defeated Fordham, LSU, and arguably Boise State.  All three were games we probably should have won at the time.  Now I would expect all three to be losses by more than we lost to them then.

Edited by CMJ
  • Downvote 1