Being held accountable...

Green Crazy

So, because the suspension news was new to me and Morris wasn't specific on who were the starters suspended for the FIU game I went back to watch the beginning of that game to see who they were.  The only starters who missed more than 2 series that game were Adeyi and Burns on offense and Wood on defense.  These three sat out the first quarter and I'm assuming are some of the ones mentioned.

I'm not doing this to call them out, but because the coaches held them accountable and they accepted accountability. I say this because the next game Adeyi has 19 carries for 148 yards and 2 TDs (leading rusher), Burns has 11 catches for 134 yards (leading receiver) and Wood has 9 tackles (leading tackler and 1 pass deflection. So while it's alarming to see three veteran leaders of the team not doing what they should, I was glad to see they didn't sulk about it.  They used it as motivation.

Also, while some of my opinions about Morris and the staff still stand, I've grown to like him as a person and the way he runs a team.

Side note, unless some players were only held out for 2 series I can't figure out what other starters were held out.  He mentioned MLB and a corner and Brown and both Texada and Davis started.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Pissed 1

35 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

So, because the suspension news was new to me and Morris wasn't specific on who were the starters suspended for the FIU game I went back to watch the beginning of that game to see who they were.  The only starters who missed more than 2 series that game were Adeyi and Burns on offense and Wood on defense.  These three sat out the first quarter and I'm assuming are some of the ones mentioned.

I'm not doing this to call them out, but because the coaches held them accountable and they accepted accountability. I say this because the next game Adeyi has 19 carries for 148 yards and 2 TDs (leading rusher), Burns has 11 catches for 134 yards (leading receiver) and Wood has 9 tackles (leading tackler and 1 pass deflection. So while it's alarming to see three veteran leaders of the team not doing what they should, I was glad to see they didn't sulk about it.  They used it as motivation.

Also, while some of my opinions about Morris and the staff still stand, I've grown to like him and the way he runs a team.

Side note, unless some players were only held out for 2 series I can't figure out what other starters were held out.  He mentioned MLB and a corner and Brown and both Texada and Davis started.

You are calling them out a little bit. Just a little bit in my opinion.  I tend to give a little more leniency in these types of cases and whatnot.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Are you sure about Brown and Davis? Definitely seemed like they were not playing much compared to normal. Brown had 2 assisted tackles and that’s it, and Davis didn’t record a single stat. Seemed like a lot more Loronzo Thompson at corner during the game.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Are you sure about Brown and Davis? Definitely seemed like they were not playing much compared to normal. Brown had 2 assisted tackles and that’s it, and Davis didn’t record a single stat. Seemed like a lot more Loronzo Thompson at corner during the game.

Yeah, I don't remember them not being on the field in the first quarter and they for sure played the first series. However, I only watched until all the starters came into the game and that was the first series of the second quarter.  Wood actually came in the last play or second to last play of the first quarter but that was because Wesloski got banged up.   It's possible that players were suspended later in the game, but I've never heard of suspensions coming in the middle of a game. To me that's getting benched, but I guess it could be a thing.  

Lee and Addaway also didn't play the first couple of series, but I couldn't tell if that was a personnel/package decision or not.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2